Online 90 day with new passport

I know this topic, online 90 day report, has been well covered but having never tried it before I have a couple of queries. I recently received a new passport & , stamps changed over from the old one plus it now has new retirement extension. Planning to try online report & wondering will it be an issue with new passport, is the time frame for submission between 7 & 15 days before due, which is the most reliable browser to use (I generally use Firefox).

Thanks in advance.

You will not be able use online reporting with a new passport. Your passport number will not be in the database the system checks that is created by entries to the country. You will have to use it to enter the country before you can do a online report.

You have to do the report within a window of 15 days to seven days before the report date.

You can do it with Firefox.

Until you've exited Thailand and re-entered (with new TM6) you will not be able to use the online/app 90-day reporting systems.

No clue why they can't re-associate a new passport with an existing TM6 when you go to have the stamps transferred, but it appears like a bug/feature of two separate systems?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Until you've exited Thailand and re-entered (with new TM6) you will not be able to use the online/app 90-day reporting systems.

No clue why they can't re-associate a new passport with an existing TM6 when you go to have the stamps transferred, but it appears like a bug/feature of two separate systems?

Been there, done that! Had a week in Egypt on my new passport. Came back no different. Still old P/P number on the App. I give up. (again)

19 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Been there, done that! Had a week in Egypt on my new passport. Came back no different. Still old P/P number on the App. I give up. (again)

Does the app show your old passport number when you use it?

With online reporting you get a message to contact your local office if the system cannot find your record?

Even without getting a new passport some people that had been reporting and did a new entry could not do it again. I suspect there was an error done when the entry was recorded by officer on entry.

24 minutes ago, yankee99 said:

my new passport wont work online either been in and out also did one report in person 

Probably same as I wrote above.

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Are you using the web-based option or the mobile app? With the mobile app, and a new passport number with an associated TM6, I think one may have to re-register, perhaps with a new email address?

Did you ever successfully do a 90-day report online previously (with your previous passport)?

What do you mean, exactly, by "Still old P/P number on the App."?

I have the same problem with my new passport...

Having said that, a few months ago, there was talk/rumor about a new app that, in the near future, could be used for both 90 day report and TM30...and since then, nothing but silence...

If it is possible to do complex operations with mobile banking in Thailand, it should be possible to do the much simpler reporting operations...or not?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Having said that, a few months ago, there was talk/rumor about a new app that, in the near future, could be used for both 90 day report and TM30...and since then, nothing but silence...

If it is possible to do complex operations with mobile banking in Thailand, it should be possible to do the much simpler reporting operations...or not?

One set of the IT guys (banks) are cream of the crop (Thai standards). The other set are bottom of the barrel. I leave it to you to figure out who’s who lol

50 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

We're talking about Immigration,not a bank. They don't have a clue about fixing problems online. "Simpler reporting operations" are not in their vocabulary. 

Banks do it , because it is in their interest to do it. They are a business and they think these things through , as there is money to be made out of a better system that attracts new customers.

Thai Immigration is not a business that you have choices with. You have to use them , and when there is no alternative then standards do not need to be high on the I.T. section. 

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you using the web-based option or the mobile app? With the mobile app, and a new passport number with an associated TM6, I think one may have to re-register, perhaps with a new email address?

Did you ever successfully do a 90-day report online previously (with your previous passport)?

What do you mean, exactly, by "Still old P/P number on the App."?

Thanks for the ideas, but I suspect that if I try and re-register myself as you suggest, I'll cause even more confusion.

I've never succeeded in doing an on-line 90 day report. When I log on via the app, the opening page shows my old passport number of 3 years ago and my permit date, (1st extension date) which is correct.

However, to be fair to them, I haven't actually tried to do a report since my return but it's due in just over 3 weeks. I'll try again this coming week. Maybe a first time report since my return will update the details. You never know!

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

It was mentioned by Immigration during the kerfuffle regarding TM30s (a topic which I note has gone very quiet now) Back then they said it would be about 3 months. Watch this space!

52 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Banks do it , because it is in their interest to do it. They are a business and they think these things through , as there is money to be made out of a better system that attracts new customers.

Thai Immigration is not a business that you have choices with. You have to use them , and when there is no alternative then standards do not need to be high on the I.T. section. 

Immigration came up with the online reporting for 2 reasons. To make it easier for foreigners,but also for their own sake. Less visitors - less paperwork, a win-win situation. It's in their own interest to make it work. They are not competent enough but will never admit it. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will not be able use online reporting with a new passport. Your passport number will not be in the database the system checks that is created by entries to the country. You will have to use it to enter the country before you can do a online report.

You have to do the report within a window of 15 days to seven days before the report date.

You can do it with Firefox.

Think that should read 15 days before and up to 7 days AFTER report date?

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Think that should read 15 days before and up to 7 days AFTER report date?

There's a window of 1 week when you can do the online reporting. Between 15 days before and 7 days before the due date. So,even if it fails and you haven't got the report accepted before the due date, you still have 7 days to do it in person. 

• Like 1

Keep life easy...new passport will not work online the 1st time, so go to Imm Office and once they have inputted your passport details in computer I think you will find online works without issue thereafter, Firefox works, but I believe  that immigration use Internet Explorer so better to use that.

For online reporting it is 15 to 7 days before the report date.

I've used online reporting for 3 years now never a problem unless there site is down, usually 2-3 days.

Best Paul

Edited by Pdavies99

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There's a window of 1 week when you can do the online reporting. Between 15 days before and 7 days before the due date. So,even if it fails and you haven't got the report accepted before the due date, you still have 7 days to do it in person. 

Correct!

I didn't read everything here but I did a 90 day report online and two weeks later applied for a new passport.  Once my passport arrived I went to immigrations at Ratchaburi and had my passport stamped.  I then went over to the clerk that handles 90 day report and told him the issue with my new passport.  He took my passport and 5 minutes later came back and said all take care of.  My 90 day report I did a month early now shows my new passport number. 

13 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

new passport will not work online the 1st time, so go to Imm Office and once they have inputted your passport details in computer I think you will find online works without issue thereafter

Not for me...new passport, visited immigration to transfer stamps, a few weeks later (Sep20) did a 90 day report in person (web and app would not work for me), two weeks ago, within the -15/-7 day window web/app would not work, did another 90-day report in person at CW. IO confirmed my question about online web/app not working until a new int'l re-entry. (I had previously completed ~ nine (9) on-line (web) 90-day reports with my previous passport.)

12 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

didn't read everything here but I did a 90 day report online and two weeks later applied for a new passport.  Once my passport arrived I went to immigrations at Ratchaburi and had my passport stamped.  I then went over to the clerk that handles 90 day report and told him the issue with my new passport.  He took my passport and 5 minutes later came back and said all take care of.  My 90 day report I did a month early now shows my new passport number. 

Not sure I'm following? You were able to complete an on-line 90 day report (web or app) with your new passport, without having a new TM6?

I guess my questions would be:

1.) Has anyone with a new passport, completed a 90-day report online (web or app), without having a new TM6 (associated with the new passport and an internation re-entry)?

2.) Has anyone with a new passport, and a new TM6 (associated with the new passport and an international re-entry successfully completed a 90 day report on-line, after having previously done on-line 90 day reports with an "old" passport?

14 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I didn't read everything here but I did a 90 day report online and two weeks later applied for a new passport.  Once my passport arrived I went to immigrations at Ratchaburi and had my passport stamped.  I then went over to the clerk that handles 90 day report and told him the issue with my new passport.  He took my passport and 5 minutes later came back and said all take care of.  My 90 day report I did a month early now shows my new passport number. 

That does not mean it will work for online reporting. Your new passport was entered in the local database that has nothing to with online reporting. There is no linkage between the two systems other than when you do the online report and officer that does the approval at the local office can look at their database to confirm when your report is due and enter the new one in it.

• Like 1