Do I Need a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa?

Best to get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You can apply for one in Savannakhet, Laos without any financial proof being needed.

You will need your original marriage certificate and a copy. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

You can also get one at the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Same documents as above plus a letter from your wife requesting the visa be issued to you.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

90 day  entries? what does that mean? I can only be gone 90 days?

I am getting my extension for marriage tomorrow. anted to kill 2 birds with one stone.

You can only stay in Thailand for <90 days on the ME O visa , then  you have to take a little holiday and come back for another <90 days. (I think there is also a 60 tag_on extension you can apply for, for one of the 90 day entries??)

If it's a 1 year marriage extension your getting, do you not just add a multi-re-entry permit to it, and then you can choose to leave every <90 days or do a 90 day report....

Edited by UKresonant

36 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

If it's a 1 year marriage extension your getting, do you not just add a multi-re-entry permit to it, and then you can choose to leave every <90 days or do a 90 day report....

Edited 21 minutes ago by UKresonant

I think you are saying I can get the ME from the same clerk that makes the marriage  extension?

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

I am getting my extension for marriage tomorrow. anted to kill 2 birds with one stone.

You wrote multiple entry tourist visa in your topic title that can only be applied for at a embassy or consulate.

You can apply for a multiple entry after you get your one year extension of stay stamp. You will not get that stamp until 30 days after your extension application is accepted. You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from that day.

You will need a competed TM 8 re-entry permit application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. The fee is 3800 baht.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You wrote multiple entry tourist visa in your topic title that can only be applied for at a embassy or consulate.

You can apply for a multiple entry after you get your one year extension of stay stamp. You will not get that stamp until 30 days after your extension application is accepted. You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from that day.

You will need a competed TM 8 re-entry permit application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. The fee is 3800 baht.

Oh. My gosh getting this marriage extension been an adventure.

Thank again Joe for coming to the rescue.

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

90 day  entries? what does that mean? I can only be gone 90 days?

you are getting a married yearly extension. so you need a multi entry re-entry permit 3,800 baht from local immigration office, you can get this once you have the married extension in your passport after the 30 days 'under consideration' period, ie 30 days after you apply for the extension you have to go back and get the stamp in your passport, at this time get the re-entry permit.

this has nothing to do with a tourist visa, you have just confused everyone by putting this in the thread title

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SailingHome said:

I think you are saying I can get the ME from the same clerk that makes the marriage  extension?

You're aiming for a multiple re-entry permit after you're granted the extension based marriage.

It is not a visa. Unfortunately some people call everything a visa because " everyone knows what I mean."  As this thread demonstrates, it causes confusion.

• Like 1

OP wrote > Hi. I am 49 from usa and married to a Thai woman at the amphur.

In order to provide accurate and to-the-point information, some additional information is needed.

1. On which Visa are you presently in Thailand?

> I presume it is a Non Imm O Visa based on marriage (or an extension of such a Visa), but please confirm

2. What is the Visa validity date, as mentioned on the Visa sticker in your passport?

3. What is the date of expiry of your present permission to stay, as stamped into your passport?

4. What are your travel plans/intentions for the coming year and at which periods?

• Thanks 1

After reading the OP and his follow up comments. It looks like he is applying for his first extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai. He is asking that can he get a multi re entry permit at the same time. The OP @SailingHome is obviously confused as can be seen by the incorrect title for the question he is asking. It is vitally important that anyone asking for advice trys to give accurate information iin the first place, because if you dont you will get confused and incorrect replies from people who are doing their best to help you.

• Like 1