Survival camps cater to new fear: America's political unrest

webfact

20 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

ill raise your 45 degree this year with 46 degree 1939

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/Australia/SA/Adelaide/extreme-annual-adelaide-high-temperature.php

there was no station in alaska until very recently so no comment on that, it may have gone either way

That was just an example. The Alaska comment was not meant to be taken seriously. At 41.7 C, the AVERAGE temperature across Australia a few days ago broke all records. From memory, it was Oodnadatta that recorded 49 C.

I've already posted on the accuracy of temperature readings taken decades ago, before the measurement process was standardised. As you seem determined to ignore that, you won't mind if I ignore your illiterate trolling.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That was just an example. The Alaska comment was not meant to be taken seriously. At 41.7 C, the AVERAGE temperature across Australia a few days ago broke all records. From memory, it was Oodnadatta that recorded 49 C.

I've already posted on the accuracy of temperature readings taken decades ago, before the measurement process was standardised. As you seem determined to ignore that, you won't mind if I ignore your illiterate trolling.

since there wasnt enough stations coverage in the hottest period of australia 1880-1906 to fully cover the entire australia, its not scientific to state 1919 is the hottest like BOm do, that is pure propaganda with no scientific value. you can really only compare stations in south east australia, and in these territories, it has been comparatively cool the past 50 years.

what the data tampering alarmists are doing as of right now is to make up temperature of past in those areas without stations back then to fit the narrative,

instead of comparing data  from stations that has been there ever since 1880

Screenshot_8.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Actually Russian long underwear. We could buy Soviet cold weather gear for pennies on the dollar. Put it in a duffle in the truck.

I think the army's rule up there was be able to survive for a week without infrastructure.

See what it feels like to you when the power goes out at -20

pah ive walked barefoot  for  miles  in -15 in snow..............wasnt so bad, just lost the one foot  due to frostbite

12 hours ago, mogandave said:

This kind of thing looks a little nutty to me, but what’s the big deal? 

Basically a big campground where for $1,000 a year you can go hunt, perhaps fish and hang around with likeminded people. 

Back to work Monday morning. 

Someone implied it would save the type of government they support from having to round these types of people up. I imagine all the churches, synagogues and mosques will help him with that as well, 

It's no more silly than sailing around on a yacht ranting about the end of the world. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Most people wouldn't last two weeks if the shops ran out.

Three months food would help you outlast most of the population.

Can you imagine the millennials trying to survive if the internet went down? I am not sure they even know how to use a can opener. The deplorables and hillbillies would be much better suited to any of this. 

If stuck in the woods with only a rifle who would you rather haveHank Williams Jr. or Liz Warren. Warren would have a plan for that and attempt to tax the trees. Especially the rich ones.

Merry Christmas to all.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Many could care less about this.

The stock market is up about 50% under Trump.

Money is God in the US.

He will get re-elected I guarantee it.

Not only get elected again but his daughter will be the first female president of the USA in the following election. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Enoon said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of Anarchy.

"Anarchism as a political philosophy advocates self-governed societies based on voluntary institutions. These are often described as stateless societies"

Anarchy - Wikipedia

Chaos is what you need to be afraid of.

Chaos | Definition of Chaos at Dictionary.com

Very afraid.

Very sad when you need to refer to a website to support your opinion. Wikipedia IS NOT FACT, anyone and everyone can post an opinion and if not challenged becomes  reality. It is all opinion. Same as this forum its all good advice until challenged by an official. Then you find out what reality is like.

George Orwell and many others could see this coming and not all in an uninterested way.

13 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering what were the roots of American paranoia. It's almost a mirror of the paranoia that existed in the USSR and East Germany, except the USA is purportedly a democracy. I can't think of any other democracy with such deep-seated insecurity.

What has happened to you, America?

Watch the cartoon of the history of the United States. It explains it perfectly.

The whole nation is based on fear.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You think the ability to launch advanced weapons will survive an asteroid strike/solar flare?

What do you think the odds of an asteroid strike or solar flare is. BTW solar flares are not uncommon.

There was a big hit  65 million years ago. When do you reckon the next one will be? Next week,,,,next year..a hundred years... a thousand years.... another 65 million?h

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

And here was me thinking that America was the bastion of democracy, where a president was voted into office because he said the things that the majority wanted to hear, and everyone tolerated the choice candidate until the next election ! What has gone wrong with the American public ? Completely selfish to the N,th degree, my way or no way ???? Never in history have I witnessed such gross intolerance and disgusting treatment piled onto an elected official. Why not just wait for the democratic interval and vote for someone you think better suited or more capable ?

Which is the reason why Trum will get elected again and sowillhis daughter. The Democrats have taken heir so called grass roots for granted and no longer feel they have to sway other people to thisr course. Its a worldwide phnomene….. people are votig right...look at all the recent elections. ISIS didn't help I guess.

Sorry about the spelling but the network is so slow I cant be bothered

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rgraham said:

I am reminded of a movie with Robin Williams and Walter Matthau, I think it was called "Survivors".

????‍♂️

8 hours ago, Emdog said:

While waiting for the  apocalypse, you might want to see this fun film from 1983 with Robin Williams, Walter Matthau and Jerry Reed.

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

Housing in some places, in a lot of places it’s quite affordable. 

Some things ate expensive, bug a lot of things aren’t. 

It's the most liberal places that have the highest prices. In much of the USA houses and land are much cheaper than even parts of Isaan. You can even own them. You can get a condo in Florida for the same price as Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I alswys had a 4x4 with extra fuel, winch, jack, rifle, ammo, pistol,

In NZ you be a criminal because you don't have your weapons locked in a security safe:-)

I don't think they've banned crossbows yet, so I'll look into that.

I have a farmer friend, and I'm military trained, so I might have a chance. However, once my meds run out I'm screwed.

13 hours ago, bendejo said:

American Armageddon is going to be people killing each other over cans of dog food, burning books to make a hot meal of it.

Hardly true. America is one of the most abundant countries on the planet as far as resources and food. I typically see 6 deer at a time in my back yard. I also see dozens of turkeys at a time driving around. Squirrel is abundant and believe it or not is actually pretty good. Americans have been self sufficient for food for a very long time.

My Christmas meal tomorrow will be store bought prime rib. However last year me and a bunch of deplorables had... Venison steaks with mint and and a drizzle of cranberry compote, candied yams, smoked rainbow trout, dandelion wine, hot banana peppers stuffed with rabbit sausage, and some good old fashioned moonshine. Just to mention a few.

All of this was made by locals and not bought. So you can imagine if we actually had to prepare this was just stuff people brought.

You want to find people sifting through cans of dog food that's going to be liberals in places like SF or LA. 

Merry Christmas.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Americans have been self sufficient for food for a very long time.

I think tho they are referring to the urbanites rioting over the lack of Arugula and artisan Asparagus from Dean and Deluca. That will take them out. I can't see AOC gutting a deer, although the only wildlife she's ever seen is a rat. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think tho they are referring to the urbanites rioting over the lack of Arugula and artisan Asparagus from Dean and Deluca. That will take them out. I can't see AOC gutting a deer, although the only wildlife she's ever seen is a rat. 

The new currency of the left would be Cado toast but it must be Haas cados. You mean the Amish wouldn't panic? 

Edited by Cryingdick

54 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

You mean the Amish wouldn't panic? 

I think they have the necessary skills to feed themselves, but their religion would preclude them from excersizing their right to self defense, leaving them prey to the ravening hordes boiling out of the cities like locusts.

All hyperbole aside, other than the deplorable right wingers who have a "plan", the only ones going make it are the Somchais of the World. All the rest of (us, me too) are gonna die after two hours without IG.

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I think they have the necessary skills to feed themselves, but their religion would preclude them from excersizing their right to self defense, leaving them prey to the ravening hordes boiling out of the cities like locusts.

All hyperbole aside, other than the deplorable right wingers who have a "plan", the only ones going make it are the Somchais of the World. All the rest of (us, me too) are gonna die after two hours without IG.

Guards on rural roads would be set up and enforced. That happened in the depression. No vagrants.  More importantly the railroads. That's why the people that beat up others were called railroad dicks. Now just shortened to dicks.

I can't imagine that anybody living on my little red neck hill would allow of influx anywhere near here. I don't see paying a guy to live in his fort being successful. However people in my area would hold their own.

We all own an AR-15 or stronger. Come on and try it. I don't have to live like a refugee.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Hardly true. America is one of the most abundant countries on the planet as far as resources and food. I typically see 6 deer at a time in my back yard. I also see dozens of turkeys at a time driving around. Squirrel is abundant and believe it or not is actually pretty good. Americans have been self sufficient for food for a very long time.

My Christmas meal tomorrow will be store bought prime rib. However last year me and a bunch of deplorables had... Venison steaks with mint and and a drizzle of cranberry compote, candied yams, smoked rainbow trout, dandelion wine, hot banana peppers stuffed with rabbit sausage, and some good old fashioned moonshine. Just to mention a few.

All of this was made by locals and not bought. So you can imagine if we actually had to prepare this was just stuff people brought.

You want to find people sifting through cans of dog food that's going to be liberals in places like SF or LA. 

Merry Christmas.

What about vegetarians? Do you think they'll keep the faith when there's nothing but meat to eat?

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

It's the most liberal places that have the highest prices. In much of the USA houses and land are much cheaper than even parts of Isaan. You can even own them. You can get a condo in Florida for the same price as Pattaya.

My brother bought a three bedroom house on the water with a slip in Galveston for a lot less less than a decent condo in Bangkok. 

On 12/24/2019 at 9:20 AM, bkk6060 said:

Many could care less about this.

The stock market is up about 50% under Trump.

Money is God in the US.

He will get re-elected I guarantee it.

Sadly, you are probably correct. Extremists now run the United States.

• Like 1