Android TV and local Thai TV channel

ETatBKK

Merry Christmas to you all !

Santa brought me a Sony Android TV this year :-)  currently I have a TrueVision box connecting to the TV at HDMI4, every time watching local TV ( not me ) I have to switch on the TrueVision box and also switch the TV to HDMI 4; then changing channel on the cheapy TrueVision remote.  quite clumsy.

I get most overseas channels on the Android TV apps, but not the local TV.  any smarter way out there I could scan the channels from the TrueVision box into the TV, or the Android TV could search the local TV via the internet ? 

thanks and cheers !

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

What apps do you use for overseas channels? I'm buying an Android TV tomorrow.

hi, I have Netflix and Spotify subscription, already filled up my entertainment need.  waiting for the Disney+, then everything completed.  in the Android TV Home screen, it also come with a lot of news media / channels; if not enough, you can search and add other news channel apps from the Google Play Store.  rather flexible.

oh . . . check the Android TV system of specific brand / model, not all the same.  some are more equipped and more flexible than other ( even with the brand ), some are limited on specific app sources.  there was a discussion sometimes ago in this forum, please check.

cheers

1 hour ago, ETatBKK said:

hi, I have Netflix and Spotify subscription, already filled up my entertainment need.  waiting for the Disney+, then everything completed.  in the Android TV Home screen, it also come with a lot of news media / channels; if not enough, you can search and add other news channel apps from the Google Play Store.  rather flexible.

oh . . . check the Android TV system of specific brand / model, not all the same.  some are more equipped and more flexible than other ( even with the brand ), some are limited on specific app sources.  there was a discussion sometimes ago in this forum, please check.

cheers

Don't know about Spotify, but Netflix is Thailand based and doesn't off er the same choices as in the US.

15 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Don't bother. Just buy a android box. Then download mobdro, livenettv and popcorn tv.

Yes.

Why would anyone buy subscriptions or any of it here.

Buy a black android internet connect box to your TV. Most come preloaded with everything.

Get just about every TV or movie made in the last 30 years.

Live sports football, golf, anything.

1700 b I have had it for 2 years fantastic..

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Much better experience with a cheaper premium IPTV service and apps like Tivimate for a full program EPG/synopsis, catchup and guaranteed HD streaming. Cheaper than going to the majors who only offer tailored programming to their brand requiring several subscriptions.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

Buy a black android internet connect box to your TV. Most come preloaded with everything.

Get just about every TV or movie made in the last 30 years.

Live sports football, golf, anything.

1700 b I have had it for 2 years fantastic..

What boxes come preloaded "with everything"? The one I had was a nightmare to set up with Kodi, Exodus etc.

Can someone please be specific as to a recommendation for a "black android tv box"? I just had internet installed by TOT at my house (at the recommendation of a Thai neighbor), and the main tv down stairs is "internet ready" and they installed a box on it for local Thai channels. It is worthless (no English channels) and I want to replace it with an android box that can receive/display some English news channels and a few Thai channels. The True ID Android TV box looks like it has everything I need. Not sure if there is a subscription/service monthly fee required. There is also a X96 Android Mini TV Box on Lazada that gets good ratings from users/purchasers. Has anyone used either of these 2 and/or can recommend another box? Thanks very much.

5 minutes ago, Thailaw said:

TOT at my house (at the recommendation of a Thai neighbor), and the main tv down stairs is "internet ready" and they installed a box on it for local Thai channels. It is worthless (no English channels)

Don't the ToT  IPTV box have NHK world,France 24,Aljazera etc etc  anymore ?

1802329820_ToTIPTVChannellist_7_DEC_2018.thumb.jpg.5281c42c0244012fb0980f8e91639428.jpg

1 hour ago, johng said:

Don't the ToT  IPTV box have NHK world,France 24,Aljazera etc etc  anymore ?

1802329820_ToTIPTVChannellist_7_DEC_2018.thumb.jpg.5281c42c0244012fb0980f8e91639428.jpg

Not that I can see or that the technician told me was available, "only Thai". I will check, but I still need a recommendation for an Android tv box which I will use on a tv upstairs in a bedroom in any event. Thanks. 

Most TV's sold here, even cheap Sharps, TCLs and Aconatics now have the DTV tuner built in for Thai digital TV broadcasters.  You don't need the box but you probably will need a digital antennae unless your building has a feed line.   The antenna's are very small and easy to place.

Check your TV's menu and you will probably find you already have DTV if purchased within the past year or so. 

18 hours ago, dddave said:

now have the DTV tuner built in for Thai digital TV broadcasters.  You don't need the box but you probably will need a digital antennae unless your building has a feed line.   The antenna's are very small and easy to place.

thanks dddave, good input and will check it out !  in the mean time, I found an free TV app - DooTV that has almost every Thai TV channel, and I also found a radio app - myTuner-Radio.  will check if they have too many ads in the media.

try to get rid of all the 'boxes' in the living room.  it is not '60 that more boxes are better. 

Archived