Mysteries of a German Visa for Thai

So many Thai people struggle to get a visa to Europe.  I have a friend.  She is an ex-bar girl, no money, no job, no family or children and lacks any appearance of innocence. Yet she was able to go the the German embassy and get a three month tourist visa.  She had no influential help.  Everyone told her there was no way she could qualify but everyone was wrong.

I believe that she intends to return or at lease would find a legal way of staying.  I guess it is just pure luck or Christmas spirit. 

I would guess she had s sponsor letter from some German guy.

Because without money and no sponsor letter it seems extremely difficult to receive a visa!

But yes even with sponsor letter there is no guarantee for receiving an Visa.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

I would guess she had s sponsor letter from some German guy.

Because without money and no sponsor letter it seems extremely difficult to receive a visa!

But yes even with sponsor letter there is no guarantee for receiving an Visa.

I forgot that. There was a sponsor letter.  Most countries, that would not be enough.  I tried both in the US and the UK with someone much more qualified and the sponsor letter did not help.  They wanted more proof that the person would return like children, long term job, money etc.

On 12/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, AAArdvark said:

So many Thai people struggle to get a visa to Europe

Roughly atleast 95% of Thai applicants get their Schengen visa.

If she showed that the trip was affordable and she had more reasons to return than to illegally overstay, she would almost certainly get the visa. Seems like she didn't screw up the paperwork and there you go, a visa. 

See:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/visa-policy#stats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1