Popular Two Chefs restaurant in Patong destroyed by fire

webfact

Popular Two Chefs restaurant in Patong destroyed by fire

By The Phuket News

1577684287_1-org.jpg

The popular Two Chefs Patong restaurant, located on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd, was destroyed by fire early this morning (Dec 30). Photo: Two Chefs)

PHUKET: The Patong restaurant of the popular Two Chefs franchise in Phuket was completely gutted by fire in the early hours of this morning (Dec 30)

“The most important thing is that no one was hurt. Everyone is okay,” Adam Goodman, General Manager and co-founder of Two Chefs, told The Phuket News.

Asked what might have caused the fire, he said, “The fire broke out very early this morning. Police are still here investigating. At this stage it is still too early to tell.”

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/popular-two-chefs-restaurant-in-patong-destroyed-by-fire-74192.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-30

11 hours ago, nev said:

Inside job with both Chefs restaurant's getting burned down at the same time. 

There are three restaurants in the chain. Although it was an attempt to be funny, it could mislead readers into thinking there was more than one fire and was an insurance job. It could be considered defamation.

The other premises could also suffer cancellations on NY eve.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, hansgruber said:

Tourist trap restaurant chain. The food is very average. 

It survives solely on tourists who can't stomach local food. 

I agree. Plus over priced.  They tried 2 more budget restaurants = one Kata, one Karon. Both closed in a year or so.  I used to use both of them. Sad to see them close.

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

There are three restaurants in the chain. Although it was an attempt to be funny, it could mislead readers into thinking there was more than one fire and was an insurance job. It could be considered defamation.

The other premises could also suffer cancellations on NY eve.

It certainly mislead me and I did actually think the above. I still fail to see any humour in the post by poster nev.

Confused.com

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hansgruber said:

Tourist trap restaurant chain. The food is very average. 

It survives solely on tourists who can't stomach local food. 

So, it's compulsory to eat Thai food every day?

Sorry pal, but after a few days of local stir fries and noodles a "very average" perfectly-cooked and nicely presented fillet steak makes a welcome change. OK?

11 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

I agree. Plus over priced.  They tried 2 more budget restaurants = one Kata, one Karon. Both closed in a year or so.  I used to use both of them. Sad to see them close.

Check their website. 

There's a message about the Patong fire , but it specifically states the other two are still operating.

I always thought the one in Kata was the first. 

I've never eaten there myself.

https://www.twochefs.com/

Edited by Old Croc

24 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

I wonder how many rats were lost in the fire.

interesting address, rat-u-thit road. links to yr comment.

even after the fire damage, still looks better on the outside than most other restaurants.

1 hour ago, jastheace said:

interesting address, rat-u-thit road. links to yr comment.

even after the fire damage, still looks better on the outside than most other restaurants.

"interesting address, rat-u-thit road.".....

I'm sorry, I misread it. I thought it was rats-use-it road. It's pronounced the same way.

Edited by HuskerDo

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Check their website. 

There's a message about the Patong fire , but it specifically states the other two are still operating.

I always thought the one in Kata was the first. 

I've never eaten there myself.

https://www.twochefs.com/

For a short time they had 5 restaurants. The 3 original in high profile locations. Then tried 2 more budget menu eateries in less busy locations. They closed.   

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

For a short time they had 5 restaurants. The 3 original in high profile locations. Then tried 2 more budget menu eateries in less busy locations. They closed.   

"For a short time"..... Short time? Isn't that about an hour?

• Sad 1