for your consideration (90 day reporting)

I thought folks you may be amused by my latest note to my retired father (a 95-year old SES U.S. navy scientist living in Jomtien). He has a short-term memory problem…so I sometimes need to write notes which repeats what I have told him personally. 

(quote)

dad,

Thailand has a requirement of all those on “retirement visas” to report to immigration every 90 days. It’s a very silly requirement but so it goes. Their online system does not work correctly (FYI: this is in fact both an absent-monarchy, a police-state, and a “developing country” which is, in general, paranoid about asking those who know, to fix it —e.g. most major U.S. tech companies could fix this in a week). Anyways, there is this form, that you need to sign, and then you can go down to the immigration office, and present it to them. they may want some small amount of money…but that’s it. Maysun can help. 

//

(unquote)

(my pops has 24/7 assistants, who are filipina, because 95% of the thai people cannot speak decent english, but now these filipinas have problems with immigration…yet another significant issue…)