Pizza on Soi Bouakao?

moonseeker

I occasionally go into Brooklyn Diner when I am going to LK Metro and crave a pizza fix. 

Pizza not too bad.  Air conditioned.  Central location.  Prices are standard.

Nothing special, but does the job. It's not the best pizza in town, but location is convenient to the nightlife. 

Not on Soi bukkaho but not far you can try

New York pizza on 3road. go up to soi Lengkee

cross 3 road and its on your right hand.

Not realy a restaurant but still you can eat in the place

the pizzas are big and pretty good.

If you want a good pizza cook in a wood oven take a bahtbus on

second road and go to Bella Italia on second road, side opposite to the

Soi 6 entry, on your left hand when you have soi 6 in your back.

Real restaurant with very good atmosphere and nice service,

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

^^

Owner was a partner in the popular La Taverna del Passatore, which was in the Mai Thai soi off Bua Khao.

i thought the food in the old place used to be pretty good and reasonable. The new location seems to lack any atmosphere.......

Anybody tried the food since they moved?

Thank you all.  Just the occasional good Italian Pizza.... I love Pizza Big in Naklua, consistently very good and friendly, plus excellent value, due to health situation a bit far some days. Bronx gave them 3 chances off-season, disappointed. NY, was not bad the few times we went.  Little Italy, indeed quite good. Almost forgot about that one for the bad days.  Thanks all & Happy 2020. MS>

2 hours ago, topt said:

i thought the food in the old place used to be pretty good and reasonable. The new location seems to lack any atmosphere.......

Anybody tried the food since they moved?

Yes the food is good at the new location.

The old location didn't have pizza. The new one does.

You don't eat the atmosphere.

The old place was more Bohemian and open air, no aircon.

The new place is more like Italian Manhattan with aircon of course.

The prices are similar. 

On 6/1/2019 at 6:44 PM, Lionrock2312 said:

well I got back last weekend from 3 weeks based in the Soi Buakhao area, didn't look 'dead' to me

On 7/17/2019 at 9:07 AM, Mickc said:

I was there last week, there was but a handful of tourists around the beach and restaurants. I ate with my wife opposite the beach with hardly a tourist in sight... now, given the price that we paid for our food the experience was extremely underwhelming... poor service in restaurant (we were the only ones in it) the beach STINKS to high heaven, my thai wife complained about it more than I did, the sea was brown all this whilst being harrassed by street vendors... I live here and I love Thailand, but for what I paid I can go elsewhere, pay less and have a better overall experience. They need to realise, it's not that people aren't coming... people are not coming back.. westerners are not tolerant of certain conditions especially when your $ doesnt go as far.

On 8/23/2019 at 6:36 PM, Don Mega said:

Moonseeker, Do you smoke ?

On 11/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, Leaver said:

So, you believe it wasn't a simple sell and retire closure.

Of the five reasons you mention for its closure, how much do you think the changing of customer demographics effected the business?

On 1/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jingthing said:

Yes the food is good at the new location.

The old location didn't have pizza. The new one does.

You don't eat the atmosphere.

The old place was more Bohemian and open air, no aircon.

The new place is more like Italian Manhattan with aircon of course.

The prices are similar. 

No Pizza @ El Peccatore / The Sinner. Food was OK, but had better. Owner & Staff very friendly, were 3 of 5 people in there. But was early 20.00. Prices fair. Best of luck to the place.  MS>

15 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

No Pizza @ El Peccatore / The Sinner. Food was OK, but had better. Owner & Staff very friendly, were 3 of 5 people in there. But was early 20.00. Prices fair. Best of luck to the place.  MS

I had pizza there. So are you saying they dropped pizza from their menu? 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, nightfox said:

Bronx pizza up soi lenkie is not bad.

I noticed on Monday that it has now gone - the Retox container has been taken away and everything else on that plot reduced to rubble with just the empty building behind it left.

1 hour ago, topt said:

I noticed on Monday that it has now gone - the Retox container has been taken away and everything else on that plot reduced to rubble with just the empty building behind it left.

In the other thread, it was said the Thai landlord put up the rent on Retox, so they were moving next door.  I took that to mean there were two separate contracts for two different pieces of land, which would have meant Bronx was going to be ok.

Bronx was always good for a snack on a night out.  I would call in when they had their shop on Soi Dianna.  

Sadly, another closure, but I hope they open up again, somewhere in Central Pattaya.

14 hours ago, topt said:

And there we have it, the changes in a never changing world!

On 1/5/2020 at 6:47 PM, Jingthing said:

I had pizza there. So are you saying they dropped pizza from their menu? 

If it is still blacked out above the entrance probably yes. It's been about 4 weeks and owner told us no more Pizza. Definitely strange atmosphere, half bar, half restaurant. Wish him luck. MS>

16 hours ago, topt said:

It has been reported that Bronx Pizza moved right across the street and is open for business. 

On 1/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, Jingthing said:

Close enough, I happen to like the pizza at Sergios at the Avenue Mall. It uses a SOURDOUGH crust. Worth a try for sure.

Any reason to put sourdough in capitals? Tried it yesterday. Wasn't great and the service was atrocious.

35 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Any reason to put sourdough in capitals? Tried it yesterday. Wasn't great and the service was atrocious.

I like to use all caps selectively for EMPHASIS and that's my style that l've been using for far longer than someone unmentionable who is much much more famous. 

Sorry if it bothers you.

Also too bad you didn't like the SOURDOUGH crusted pizza at Sergios as well. Now you know. 

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I like to use all caps selectively for EMPHASIS and that's my style that l've been using for far longer than someone unmentionable who is much much more famous. 

Sorry if it bothers you.

Also too bad you didn't like the SOURDOUGH crusted pizza at Sergios as well. Now you know. 

A lot of words, but in the end no substance. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, Leaver said:

I occasionally go into Brooklyn Diner when I am going to LK Metro and crave a pizza fix. 

Pizza not too bad.  Air conditioned.  Central location.  Prices are standard.

Nothing special, but does the job. It's not the best pizza in town, but location is convenient to the nightlife. 

I used to eat there often but noticed the pepperoni started to have a nasty taste to it, almost like it's out of date, kind of putrid type taste. They're cheap though.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, SEtonal said:

It has been reported that Bronx Pizza moved right across the street and is open for business. 

yes noticed it last night as I drove past - almost directly opposite where it was

11 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

I used to eat there often but noticed the pepperoni started to have a nasty taste to it, almost like it's out of date, kind of putrid type taste. They're cheap though.

I've never had the pepperoni pizza there.  I'm not it's a nice place.  The pizza is ok, but being in the air conditioning, and out of the traffic noise, is nice.  

Archived