Marriage visa renewal

Hello, happy NY, 

Does anyone know if it's possible to renew a marriage visa about 6 days before the visa expires? 

For example would I be able to pay the 500 baht a day overstay fine until it is processed? 

I plan to extend in Bangkok, I would normally go on a visa run and then apply but its particularly bad timing. 

Any information on this greatly appreciated. 

(I know it's supposed to take up to 15 days but I've been waiting for 400,000 baht to be in my account for 2 months) 

Thank you 

Joe 

When you apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage you get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days from the day you apply. That stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved.

There is no 15 day before rule for a extension of stay application. You could apply on the last day of your permit to stay if you wanted to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

When you apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage you get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it 30 days from the day you apply. That stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved.

There is no 15 day before rule for a extension of stay application. You could apply on the last day of your permit to stay if you wanted to.

Great to hear that, thank you so much , I was just about to book an expensive visa run. 

So just to calm my stressed mind, I could turn up on the 7th jan with no appointment booked (with my 1 year marriage visa expiring on the 11th) with all the correct documents, 400k etc. And they will submit the application for process and in the meantime provide me with a 30day consideration/bridging visa? 

Thank you 

Joe 

I assume you mean your 90 day permit to stay is ending  on the 11th not your visa that is expiring. You can apply for the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) on the 7th.

You will get a stamp saying your extension is under consideration and it will have a date to report back to get the one year extension stamp. It is not a visa or a extension. 

Here is my general list of the documents and etc that are required for the extension application.Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean your 90 day permit to stay is ending  on the 11th not your visa that is expiring. You can apply for the one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) on the 7th.

You will get a stamp saying your extension is under consideration and it will have a date to report back to get the one year extension stamp. It is not a visa or a extension. 

Here is my general list of the documents and etc that are required for the extension application.Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Hi, 

Thank you for the information and prompt reply, 

Yes, sorry my final 90 day entry on my marriage visa permits me to stay until 11th Jan, hoping to get the 1 year extension stamp on the 7th Jan. 

Hopefully that is all OK?

Thanks again