Roaming With Prepaid?

khaojao

Not sure how much, but you can call AIS at their call center and get intl roaming turned on and they will also tell you the rates at that time.

so, yes, Intl roaming is poss with a prepaid AIS phone but you must call them to get it activated first.

I have done this in Laos and Malaysia and it only works partially. You can receive calls rate was 30 baht per minute, you cannot call out yourself. Incidentally nowadays it seems that it works without calling their call center, I have never done this but still roaming was working. It even works back in Europe !

NEVER use roaming services for more than a few days,

the costs are outrageous. :o

By a new prepaid sim card for the country you are visiting and become

a local user there, making normal international calls. :D

if i have a AIS prepaid card and travelled overseas, will i be able to send smses and make calls back to thailand? and if yes, how much would it cost?

thanks!

I have roamed in Korea and US with AIS prepaid. I could do SMS and get calls in and out no problem - they charged somewhere around 4o baht a minute for calls in or out

If you need your phone filled up when out roaming you need to have somebody in thailand do it by them dialing

*130 becuae you cant recharge from your phone when roaming

I used my AIS pre-paid phone in Singapore 2 weeks ago with no problem, and no need to activate roaming at the call centre anymore, Singtel sends automatic sms as soon as you turn the phone on in Singapore with details on calling out.

Now I'm in Japan, and of course, no network coverage here. :o

Edited by Creeper