Anyone Know Where I Can Get On Of These In Phuket?

smartecosse

It is a 'mobile basinet' that bicycle enthusiasts can use to bring small kids along while biking

I think we called them "burley's" in the US

Edited by jdinasia

There's a dealer for Burley child trailers in Singapore -

Bike Story PTE LTD (Burley trailers and recumbent)

No 43 Jalan Pari Kikis

488573 Singapore

Tel: 65 9111 2266 / Fax: 65 6457 5657

email: [email protected]

Alternatively if you have a good bike shop in Phuket, they may be able to order one for you or try probike in Bangkok

they can also be used as strollers / joggers as they can have a wheel added to the front, so it can be fine for behind the bike at the beach and used as a decent "pram" as well

i have emailed bike story several times but have never had a reply :o

post-29465-1175568596_thumb.jpg

with the "pram" front on and the "jogger" front

one of the main ideas behind getting one apart from the bicycle aspect is that the pavements here are not exactly pram friendly and the one we have is getting beaten to death.

These things are a lot more rugged with the larger pneumatic tyres etc plus have a lot more uses. just need to find one now :o

The Best Bike Shop in Town IMHO is the Talang Bike shop.

The Shop is run by K. Pai-toon. The bike shop is frequented by most of the serious bikers and Triathleates on the island. He also runs the bike tent during the Laguna Phuket Triathlon.

His shop is in Talang on the outbound side going towards the airport after the traffic light.

There's a sign out side that says 'Talang Bike Shop'.

On the opposite side of the road you will see a long wall in front of Gov't Buildings, painted pinkish.

As the wall comes to an end the bike shop is located opposite it.

I have not seen the model you're looking for in stock but he could probably be able to order it.

I know for sure and have purchased for my wife and daughter, he has the more classical model

gallery_32183_549_23535.jpg

The Best Bike Shop in Town IMHO is the Talang Bike shop.

The Shop is run by K. Pai-toon. The bike shop is frequented by most of the serious bikers and Triathleates on the island. He also runs the bike tent during the Laguna Phuket Triathlon.

His shop is in Talang on the outbound side going towards the airport after the traffic light.

There's a sign out side that says 'Talang Bike Shop'.

On the opposite side of the road you will see a long wall in front of Gov't Buildings, painted pinkish.

As the wall comes to an end the bike shop is located opposite it.

I have not seen the model you're looking for in stock but he could probably be able to order it.

I know for sure and have purchased for my wife and daughter, he has the more classical model

gallery_32183_549_23535.jpg

In my opinion, that type of child seat can be dangerous for a number of reasons. If the child is lively enough, he/she can affect the stability of the bike. More importantly, in the event of a spill, the child no chance of protecting themselves.

smartecosse, just a thought for you. Look at the bottom of this page http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/children/index.html

The Burley Solo with the jogger kit works out about about £290 (UK price less VAT) I don't know how much shipping will cost but it may be cheaoer than Singapore price.

smartecosse, just a thought for you. Look at the bottom of this page http://www.bikesandtrailers.com/children/index.html

The Burley Solo with the jogger kit works out about about £290 (UK price less VAT) I don't know how much shipping will cost but it may be cheaoer than Singapore price.

i'd thought of having on shipped from there or the US but I could just see it sitting at customs with some "mafia" guy wanting 20K to release it or thinking that they will just kkep it for themselves. Singapore seemed good cos I could pick it up but not at twice the price

post-29465-1175507535.jpg

looking for one of these or similar. Anyone know somewhere that stocks them?

Thanks

Don't know if there's any stock in Thailand but you might want to try:

www.alibaba.com and do a search.

alibaba is an organazation who's bringing buyers and sellers throughout Asia and 'the West' together and is very reliable for all kinds of merchandise.

Good luck

LaoPo