Printer

lelapin

It depends on "how" you print them. Will it be likely like a few pages each week? Or maybe no printing for 3 months?

Because if you buy an ink-jet printer and print regularly then the nozzles should stay open and you can continue printing - i.e. once a week. But if you don't print for several months then likely those nozzles will get clogged and then you have to "clean" them and that is annoying and it uses a lot of ink.

A laser printer does not have these problems if it's not used for some time.

And keep in mind that the cost of the printer is often the small part. It gets expensive if you have to buy new ink or toner. Better check those prices in advance. You can also find comparison of the long term cost online. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends on "how" you print them. Will it be likely like a few pages each week? Or maybe no printing for 3 months?

Because if you buy an ink-jet printer and print regularly then the nozzles should stay open and you can continue printing - i.e. once a week. But if you don't print for several months then likely those nozzles will get clogged and then you have to "clean" them and that is annoying and it uses a lot of ink.

And keep in mind that the cost of the printer is often the small part. It gets expensive if you have to buy new ink or toner. Better check those prices in advance. You can also find comparison of the long term cost online. 

I would be using it on a regular basis. Also I thought the laser  printer was black copy only.

33 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I would be using it on a regular basis. Also I thought the laser  printer was black copy only.

I just had a look at Lazada

Color Laser Printer for 4,250 THB

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3-ricoh-sp-c260dnw-a4-color-laser-printer-network-wifi-i171466244-s213869388.html

And one set of toner for that printer: 3,950 THB

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ricoh-sp-c250-4-bkcmy-ricoh-sp-c250dn-c250sf-c260dnw-c261dnw-c261sfnw-fast-toner-i218823130-s332430833.html

That is the problem with those "cheap" printers.

The above is just an example, I just used the first relative cheap color laser which I found on that site.

Personally I like shopping in a real shop - after I researched online the options.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Edited by lelapin

I have a Epson L3110 ECO INK TANK printer and am thoroughly happy with it.  It replaced an Canon G2000 which failed and cost over 1000 baht to have fixed and the problem was  an ink pad problem that is common with those printers and they won't replace the 8 leg surface mount chip but only the whole motherboard.  Lazada has them for 4999 baht You might check JIB where I bought mine it might be a bit cheaper anf JIB is very dependable always shipping Krry Express.

Here's the printer on JIB for 3790 baht.  This is the one that I have and really like it, especislly the ink filling system, no potential mess.  If you buy it, the initial set up time is very long and you have to wait 10 minutes for the ink to properly be distributed.  After set up it is very fast, and prints immediately on command unlike theCanon G200 that I had that went through a head cleaning process before printing. https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/readProduct/31531/59/PRINTER--เครื่องพิมพ์--EPSON-L3110-INKJET-ALL-IN-ONE

The L3150 is the same printer with WiFi but is 1000 baht more.

Edited by wayned