Extension of stay based on Marriage question ??

I was hoping to apply for my 1st Extension of stay based on marriage around the 4th March this year 2020 (Buriram) immigration office. 
      The 400,000 baht would have been in my account for the required 2 months

My questions are as follows,

1. If all paperwork for the extension is correct is it issued in the passport that day or is there a waiting period before it’s issued and I would be required to return to the office after a number of days & necessary checks carried out ??

2. Can I apply for a Multi re-entry permit on the same day as applying for the marriage extension as I was hoping to return to the UK within days of applying as I need to return ASAP 

Advice would be most appreciated on this subject

Many Thanks

Thanks Ubon Joe,

just to clarify what you said as I’m still a little confused, you say “30 days from your current permit to stay” do you mean 30days from the application/consideration day ?

30 days from end of entry to Thailand on this particular visit Ie (90) day stay or

30 days from Visa end date which is not until April ?? Am I correct in understanding that an extension of stay can be made 30days before any (90 day stay) before the expiry of the initial Visa

Many thanks

Sorry to be pedantic 

21 minutes ago, jasonr3255 said:

30 days from end of entry to Thailand on this particular visit Ie (90) day stay

That is the permit to stay I was writing about. None of the others are a permit to stay (admitted until date on your entry stamp).

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

1. You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the date you current permit to stay ends. On that day is when you will get one year extension stamp.

2. You could get a single re-entry permit for a the under consideration period that will be valid for entry up to that day.

Then after you get your one year extension stamp you could apply for a multiple re-entry permit.

An interesting thread to me, as next year when it comes time (in February-2021) for me to apply for my 1st extension of stay (based on marriage on an original type-OA visa), I also want to be out of Thailand for 2 to 3 weeks, so I need to both plan my travel dates and carefully plan the dates in which I visit immigration for my Visa extension.

This year I plan to re-enter Thailand on 29-February-2020 (on a type OA that expires in March-2020), so I hope to be given a permission to stay until 28-February-2021.   I will in early March-2020 apply for a multiple re-entry on that permission to stay.  I have various international travel planned this year (2020).

Next year (2021), I want to be away for 2 to 3 weeks in February-2021 (possibly from 3-to-24-Feb-2021, or possibly from 10-Feb to 3-March-2021, all +/- a few days - as my dates are approximate).

So next year I may end up needing to apply for the permission to stay Extension on my Type-OA in early February-2021, then immediately apply for a single re-entry stamp on the 'under consideration stamp', followed by immediately leaving Thailand and returning in time for the 30-day report back date. 

Since I will be flying overseas, I will need to book flights well in advance and have this well planned out. 

Tidbits such as I am learning in this thread are highly useful to my planning.

Edited by oldcpu

On 1/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from the date you current permit to stay ends. On that day is when you will get one year extension stamp.

Just for informations, in Udon Thani, (maybe in other IO too) the under consideration period is 2 months...  Did mine last Thursday 

IMG20200109151318.jpg

19 minutes ago, passiflora said:

Just for informations, in Udon Thani, (maybe in other IO too) the under consideration period is 2 months...  Did mine last Thursday 

Actually it is still a 30 day under consideration period but they started the 30 days from the day your current permit to stay ended.

The 60 days includes the 30 days early you applied for your extension.

They do it the same way at the office here Ubon and as far as I know all other offices in Isaan.

12 minutes ago, ancharee said:

Can you withdraw anything from your account that would take it below the 400,000 once the under consideration stamp is in your passport ?

It depends upon where you apply at. Many offices are now wanting to see it is still in bank on the day you return for the one year extension stamp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ancharee said:

Can you withdraw anything from your account that would take it below the 400,000 once the under consideration stamp is in your passport ?

I think it depends on the office. Last week Buriram asked me to show a recent statement of my account when I'll collect my stamp.

• Like 1