Udon (international)

Hi. On their website Tiger say that they have a flight from Singapore to Udon. Can anyone tell me if that is via Bangkok and where does one go through immigration. I am on a multiple O visa. I am simply trying to avoid the hassle of changing airports and waiting for a Khon Kaen flight. Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi. On their website Tiger say that they have a flight from Singapore to Udon. Can anyone tell me if that is via Bangkok and where does one go through immigration. I am on a multiple O visa. I am simply trying to avoid the hassle of changing airports and waiting for a Khon Kaen flight. Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi aussmen,

It is Sing to Udon direct, I will be flying it for the first time on 09-04 and I will write up how it works, I know if you fly Tiger from Perth you have to check in / out of migration in Singapore for some reason, maybe they plan to process immigration in Singapore. Anyway I will let you know.

Khunandy

Hi aussmen,

It is Sing to Udon direct, I will be flying it for the first time on 09-04 and I will write up how it works, I know if you fly Tiger from Perth you have to check in / out of migration in Singapore for some reason, maybe they plan to process immigration in Singapore. Anyway I will let you know.

Khunandy

Thanks Khunandy.......I will look foward to reading your report...aussman

Guys,

I flew Sin - Udon on 11 Jan, their second flight, chatty female Aussie pilot and all. Tiger Air and Cebu Pacific operate out of a no frills Budget Terminal in Singapore, so dealing with immigration on a transit flight seems silly. Have a look at

http://www.btsingapore.com/abt_bt.htm

No mention of any transit lounge though.

Hi aussmen,

Khunandy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi aussmen,

Khunandy

Thanks Khunandy.......I will look foward to reading your report...aussman

I flew the Sing-Udon-Sing route and didnt have any problems. The budget terminal is clean, efficient and no fuss. I wouldnt want to spend more than a couple of hours there but in my opinion it was what a budget terminal should be. I still dont understand why travellers from overseas have to go through the immigration while in transit but that wasnt a hassle and was a fast service.

The shuttle bus to the main airport is every 10 minutes for 18 hrs a day and every 30 minutes between midnight and 6 am.

In my case I arrived at 11 pm in the main airport on Singapore Airlines and got a 6 hr room in the transit hotel inside the main airport , I didnt have check in luggage so was able to stay inside the terminal. If you had check in luggage this option wouldnt be available as you would have gone through immigration to get to your luggage.

A tip when you get to Udon, try and arrange a seat at the front or the rear of the plane. Immigration in Udon is slow and the faster you can get to the counter the less frustrated you will be. In my case there were a lot of guys returning home for Songkran so it was a bit of muddle.

All in all, it was ok and I will use Singapore as my transit airport until Bangkok sorts itself out.

Khunandy