TV series downloads text backwards - why

Speedo1968

Curiosity - Why ?

When I download some UK tv series ( in HD ) the text is backwards, i.e is from right to left e.g. 'Farm Body The' and letters face the wrong way.

A clock goes backwards in time and a car with driver is seen to be on the wrong side of the road for the UK.

The last 1 - 2 minutes of the program is cut even though the total video length of the download is correct for the original tv show.

The video download title always shows 'Part 01 HD'

Note, a German subtitled version is 51.05 long and shows the ending whilst the original HD version is 59 minutes long but no ending.

Have had this on at least one other HD download series.

The download is from Dailymotion and unfortunately is not available on Youtube.

I am very curious as to why this happens as speech doesn't go backwards.   Could anyone explain please.

17 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

the text is backwards, i.e is from right to left e.g. 'Farm Body The' and letters face the wrong way.

A clock goes backwards in time and a car with driver is seen to be on the wrong side of the road for the UK

very strange never seen that with anything I've downloaded.

11 minutes ago, n210mp said:

Usually because its a copy and maybe illegal  or simply re-recorded through a mirror ha ha ha 

Might be an inventive idea to avoid being automatically detected as pirate copies.

bbc.jpg

:smile:

Other method is zooming/clipping the video so that logos disappear.

What I experienced is that youtube detects certain content recorded from television and will delete it in minutes and block/restrict the account.

Edited by KhunBENQ

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Other method is zooming/clipping the video so that logos disappear.

Yes I've seen that  also some deliberately very low resolution and one time they applied an effect that made it look like you where viewing from an old pirates telescope. ????

• Haha 1

And it's all so easy.

Just tried it with my mirror.

BBC logo perfectly left to right :smile:

More high tech: I bet there is SW out to "unmirror".

I once fiddled with an upside/down video problem.

(my fault holding the smartphone "wrong" in landscape).

On 1/14/2020 at 8:36 PM, ballpoint said:

As said before, it may be a way of getting around the copyright laws. Many video players can flip a movie horizontally to put it the right way around.  For example, in VLC Player, under 'Tools'

image.png.8edf48ffba3f0427278193be4c6346aa.png

Thanks for that tried it and it works, video runs longer and the right way round unfortunately end still chopped off.     Must remember to check when if I have set it back to original for normal videos.

Edited by Speedo1968
forgot text