Future Forward pushes proposal to end ‘monopoly’ in spirits industry

webfact

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is it not a Thai beer? It is made here, Do they use high quality, imported hops and barley? I doubt it. It does not taste very good, like the rest of the low quality Thai beer. All it really has is a famous name. As a matter of fact, I would rate the Thai beer as being some of the lowest quality beer in the world. Chang? Singha? Tiger? Angkor? Leo is slightly less offensive than the others. But really? Is that the best you can do?

Heineken is from Amsterdam but they might brew it here, i dunnow and never drink it...also not in holland. I think they use chemicals to brew it, i prefer naturally brewed beers only.

I only drink Hoegaarden in Thailand or Paulaner....nothing else, yes coke sangsom...but i rarely drink at all in thailand. Hoegaarden costs 5x more here so that ruins the joy of it.

Thai beer gives me a headache after 2 glasses already...

On 1/15/2020 at 4:44 PM, johng said:

Yes well good luck I hope you succeed  but won't be holding my breath..those 2-3 suppliers have fought off every attempt so far.

Yes, but it might be more accurate to say they have 'invested' and continue to 'invest' to ensure that nobody disrupts their strangle hold / monopolistic hold on their industry. 

Reality is of course FF, whilst in opposition, have basically no chance of achieving laws to stop monopolies / to install laws which require administrative approval before they can buy up smaller or bigger operators.

I hope FF (or any party) ultimately have success in getting legislation through parliamnet to stop monopolies in every sector of business, but of course not holding my breath.

If they can achieve it this would have impact or reducing the gap between the rich and the power, go FF go (and watch your back). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Heineken is from Amsterdam but they might brew it here, i dunnow and never drink it...also not in holland. I think they use chemicals to brew it, i prefer naturally brewed beers only.

I only drink Hoegaarden in Thailand or Paulaner....nothing else, yes coke sangsom...but i rarely drink at all in thailand. Hoegaarden costs 5x more here so that ruins the joy of it.

so I guess you also like German beer which is excellent

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

Thanathorn seems determined to pursue his policy of winning friends and influencing people. Been reading his Dale Carnegie again no doubt. I'd really love to see this guy in charge,

Couldn't be any worse than the current shower.

As i mentioned before he is a friend of mine on Facebook and I met him a few times 

in real life, and yes he will make a big different to Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Reality is of course FF, whilst in opposition, have basically no chance of achieving laws to stop monopolies / to install laws which require administrative approval before they can buy up smaller or bigger operators.

I hope FF (or any party) ultimately have success in getting legislation through parliamnet to stop monopolies in every sector of business, but of course not holding my breath.

I have long argued that cartels and monopolies are one of the huge factors in holding up costs and reducing efficiency in the Thai market.. Effective laws that promote small business competition and variety / freedom of choice is something that in general would be revolutionary to the domestic economy in a much larger way than just my self ish 'I like good beer' thinking. 

13 hours ago, Thian said:

H has breweries and joint venture breweries in many locations across the world, they have a large plant in Vietnam.