Crazy Dave

Asiacat

Does anyone remember a few years back when Crazy Dave tried to drum up support to change the name of the Soi to guess what...................................................................'SOI CRAZY DAVE'

:o

Ha, that makes me laugh because yesterday I actually overheard someone trying to explain where the bowling green was, and they said "Next to Soi Crazy Dave's".

I have not been there for a breakfast for a while. I hear that it has gone upto 70 baht, it's about time I revisited.

Anyone been lately?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Some very mixed responses here so ok I'll give you my opinion having actually stayed there twice shortly after he opened. In fact I was probaly his first lodger.

First year he seemed an ok sort of guy, but my opinion certainly changed by the second trip . I knew he was a drunk but !! by this time his drinking was seriously out of control, never sober, he had become mean ,petty, loud, abusive, and the way he treated his staff!! including his wife (Linda) Well I've seen a mangy cur treated better.

This guy has a serious problem, when it comes to petty meaness, I watched as he took away the staffs rice ration for 3 days , all because he caught the staff in the kitchen eating chips from a customers left overs , another time for using "his " teabags for a drink ( he had live in staff then, sleeping all together in one small room on a mattress on the floor 4 of them ).

I had an altercation with this low life over the price he demanded me to pay for the electrics, first week it was 1,000bht, second week 1,500bht, get real! I knew he was trying to fleece me, no way when using a/c sparingly could it come to that!! Knew he was trying one on ( he's very "money hungry" .)

Didn't take kindly to the fact that that I didn't mind paying for my electric's but certainly wasn't prepared to pay for his as well. Never in my life have I seen anyone go so completely out of control !! Packed my bags and made a hasty exit, NEVER TO RETURN!! He profited as I had payed for a full month. First it was birds now I beleive it's over run with Linda's cats !! Speaks volumes for hygeine doesn't it

A definate NO THANKS to his food :o or :wai: hospitality

:P .

And God help you guy's that love this place :D:D:D

:D Some very mixed responses here so ok I'll give you my opinion having actually stayed there twice shortly after he opened. In fact I was probaly his first lodger.

First year he seemed an ok sort of guy, but my opinion certainly changed by the second trip . I knew he was a drunk but !! by this time his drinking was seriously out of control, never sober, he had become mean ,petty, loud, abusive, and the way he treated his staff!! including his wife (Linda) Well I've seen a mangy cur treated better.

This guy has a serious problem, when it comes to petty meaness, I watched as he took away the staffs rice ration for 3 days , all because he caught the staff in the kitchen eating chips from a customers left overs , another time for using "his " teabags for a drink ( he had live in staff then, sleeping all together in one small room on a mattress on the floor 4 of them ).

I had an altercation with this low life over the price he demanded me to pay for the electrics, first week it was 1,000bht, second week 1,500bht, get real! I knew he was trying to fleece me, no way when using a/c sparingly could it come to that!! Knew he was trying one on ( he's very "money hungry" .)

Didn't take kindly to the fact that that I didn't mind paying for my electric's but certainly wasn't prepared to pay for his as well. Never in my life have I seen anyone go so completely out of control !! Packed my bags and made a hasty exit, NEVER TO RETURN!! He profited as I had payed for a full month. First it was birds now I beleive it's over run with Linda's cats !! Speaks volumes for hygeine doesn't it

A definate NO THANKS to his food :o or :wai: hospitality

:P .

And God help you guy's that love this place :D:D:D

Jeez - My Electric bill for a whole Month is always about a Thousand Baht, and I am in a House, not a Room.

By this time his drinking was seriously out of control, never sober, he had become mean ,petty, loud, abusive, and the way he treated his staff!! including his wife (Linda) Well I've seen a mangy cur treated better.

I think that your above reports are credible, and I for one will be boycotting the place until I hear that he treating his staff and spouse with dignity and respect.

Thank you for you feedback, on perhaps one of the most loathesome individuals in business in Pattaya.

• 5 months later...
the OP may have an ax to grind. we cannot verify the accuracy of his account. there is no good reason to name/shame without some proof. the topic should be deleted as it's irresponsible to allow this report to be taken as truth when we really don't know for sure.

I dont have an Axe to grind but when i went to Crazy Daves and was chatting about 'Blighty', (I only had one drink that night), He went Mad.. Hurling abuse at me and my wife... Saying 'Why the F***ing hel_l do i want to talk about F***ing England... Its a Sh*t hole... 'Dont come in my F***ing bar and talk about England!!!'

I reminded him that his bar is covered in Union Jacks and he constantly has 'Only fools and Horses' on or

Jim Davidson repeats.

He seriously was throwing crude language and abuse at me and my wife, I felt sorry for Linda, (His Wife). A couple of blokes in their 60's were amazed and left.

I asked what was wrong and he said... '<deleted> you, 'Its my bar, i pay the police, i pay the bills, I have to live with these illiterate B**tards in this S**t hole and i DONT want you coming in MY bar and talking about that other Sh*t hole England!!!!'

The problem was that my wife is educated, (2 degrees and quite high socially), So she was really really embarrassed and offended to think that we were just on our way home from a nice dinner to see some 'Farang' waving his arms about, (You know the Thai's hate that!!) and screaming abuse at me and her that she still reminds me of it frequently and if it wasn't for me she was going to file an abuse complaint with the top brass in Soi 9 and believe me he would of been in the cells in 20 mins. If my wife wasn't there then i would of put him straight on the floor and that would of been that.

I am going back to Thailand in Sept and i hope that Daves bar is shut. Whats crazy about him anyway? He is a 6ft 3, 10 stone riddled alchoholic thats probably on his way out. He has no idea how to get out of the Soi were his bar is and he drinks all the profits anyway.

(This is a real story and i really do not have any axe to grind)

Any problems with this message then feel free to message me.

Kevin

yeah maybe the op is a cantabury regular ??????????????????????? wasnt daves involved last yr with a rival about some kind of food poisoning drama ? i remember reading that there was disputes with rivals...dont quote me

yeah maybe the op is a cantabury regular ??????????????????????? wasnt daves involved last yr with a rival about some kind of food poisoning drama ? i remember reading that there was disputes with rivals...dont quote me

Not quoting but i am not any rival at all... I never mentioned the food, maybe the original guy who posted the first message last year? :)

Yes, I agree with the above posts.

His breakfast has gone downhill recently, absolutely awful sausage quality.

I am constantly amazed that he is still alive, both by avoiding a fatal beating from disgruntled customers and progressive illness from chemical self-abuse and soap-dodging.

Not quoting but i am not any rival at all... I never mentioned the food, maybe the original guy who posted the first message last year? :)

Kevin

Why would you take a lady of high standing to a place like crazy daves you must be crazy

the OP may have an ax to grind. we cannot verify the accuracy of his account. there is no good reason to name/shame without some proof. the topic should be deleted as it's irresponsible to allow this report to be taken as truth when we really don't know for sure.

I dont have an Axe to grind but when i went to Crazy Daves and was chatting about 'Blighty', (I only had one drink that night), He went Mad.. Hurling abuse at me and my wife... Saying 'Why the F***ing hel_l do i want to talk about F***ing England... Its a Sh*t hole... 'Dont come in my F***ing bar and talk about England!!!'

I reminded him that his bar is covered in Union Jacks and he constantly has 'Only fools and Horses' on or

Jim Davidson repeats.

He seriously was throwing crude language and abuse at me and my wife, I felt sorry for Linda, (His Wife). A couple of blokes in their 60's were amazed and left.

I asked what was wrong and he said... '<deleted> you, 'Its my bar, i pay the police, i pay the bills, I have to live with these illiterate B**tards in this S**t hole and i DONT want you coming in MY bar and talking about that other Sh*t hole England!!!!'

The problem was that my wife is educated, (2 degrees and quite high socially), So she was really really embarrassed and offended to think that we were just on our way home from a nice dinner to see some 'Farang' waving his arms about, (You know the Thai's hate that!!) and screaming abuse at me and her that she still reminds me of it frequently and if it wasn't for me she was going to file an abuse complaint with the top brass in Soi 9 and believe me he would of been in the cells in 20 mins. If my wife wasn't there then i would of put him straight on the floor and that would of been that.

I am going back to Thailand in Sept and i hope that Daves bar is shut. Whats crazy about him anyway? He is a 6ft 3, 10 stone riddled alchoholic thats probably on his way out. He has no idea how to get out of the Soi were his bar is and he drinks all the profits anyway.

(This is a real story and i really do not have any axe to grind)

Any problems with this message then feel free to message me.

Kevin

Kevin C.

Crazy Dave's verbal abuse of any kind does not justify an assault on him. Only Neanderthals respond this way. Beatiing Dave would only show that you are worse than he is.

If you don't like his venue you vote with your feet and you don't return.