K-Bank problems with checking balance of UK account at ATM

Have been unable to check my UK bank account balance at a K-Bank ATM for the last 2 days.

I had intended to make a withdrawal using my Visa card but was concerned as to why I could not check beforehand.

I asked the manageress, she checked with me at the ATM machine and she informed me that many local banks had experienced similar problems for the past 2 days.

Anyone else had this problem ?

My experience was selecting savings when i should select current in account type. Be very careful in Thailand too many attempts the machine will eat your card. The safe way to do the withdrawal until you sort the problem would be inside the branch. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:23 AM, jimn said:

Do you not have online banking to check?

Yes I do but rarely use it.

I get monthly statements for my accounts posted to my Thai PO Box,

The card reader display for pass code number is very dim, even on a new reader, the digits required are longer and the time allowed is short, and perhaps I am getting slower at reading them.

I withdraw funds from UK account for my monthly needs only.

When I went to Korat over the weekend the ATM machines worked fine.

I guess the problem was a local one to where I live.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:22 AM, yankee99 said:

My experience was selecting savings when i should select current in account type. Be very careful in Thailand too many attempts the machine will eat your card. The safe way to do the withdrawal until you sort the problem would be inside the branch. 

Yes, that could be a reason if you are in a hurry and pushed the wrong button.

Been here for many years never had a card eaten yet.

Never tried 'inside' the branch, my local one is closed on Sundays.

On 1/25/2020 at 10:44 AM, Max69xl said:

You're not using online banking? Either internet banking or mobile banking? 

I have it but have very little need to use it, my needs here are small and I don't have direct debits for anything, only have a pension being paid in for which I check on the pension company statement and bank statement which are posted to me here in Thailand.   

2 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

I have it but have very little need to use it, my needs here are small and I don't have direct debits for anything, only have a pension being paid in for which I check on the pension company statement and bank statement which are posted to me here in Thailand.   

Even with a very little need it's easier to do it at home on a laptop or using a phone, than have to go to an ATM just to check the balance. It takes me 15 sec to log on to any of my accounts in or outside Thailand using my mobile banking apps.