Diesel - B7 to B10

55Jay

Scrolled back through a few pages of topics, didn't see anything apart from an E20 question. 

Wife went to her usual PTT station yesterday and was told they've switched to B10 diesel without any indication one way or the other about compatibility with her engine - 2013 Toyota Fortuner 3.0L diesel.  She wasn't sure, the pumpman wasn't either so she left without topping up.

Going through several articles, found this from Toyota Thailand, that our year Fortuner is compatible with B20.  I can only presume if it's ok for B20 in warm climates, that B10 would be fine?    

https://www.toyota.co.th/en/news/gOe91vOP

2) For Hilux VIGO and Fortuner vehicles with the production years from 2011-2015, if there is the need for the consistent use of B20 Biodiesel in the areas with regular temperatures of lower than 16 degrees Celsius, please seek prior advice from Toyota service centers. 

41 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So you don't have problem.

They're offering B10, not B20.  I'm just hearing about this, don't know one B from the other until now.  Would like a little feedback about it.  You have nothing to offer, so thanks for your input. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Shell station near me (on Vibhavadi road in Bangkok) now no longer sells the regular B7 Diesel FuelSave, only B10 and VPower.

Too bad as my car won't take B10 and I'm not willing to put VPower every fill up.

I hope Caltex and Esso won't follow suit with this.

• 4 weeks later...

Thai government is phasing out B7 Diesel (Known as Normal Diesel),

so better get ready to use B10 or B20 as they will be only ones available soon ....

https://www.whatcar.co.th/48862/ptt-ultraforce-diesel-b10/

PTT UltraForce Diesel B10

force confident Good value Save more than 2 baht per liter

PTT Oil and Retail Public Company Limited or OR appeals to diesel users Pilot to sell B10 at PTT Station, send PTT UltraForce Diesel B10, high quality, low cost diesel fuel that will become Thailand's base diesel next year. Reinforcing confidence Get the same performance as before, at a cheaper price of 2 baht. Increase farmer income Meet government policy With quality guarantee

From the concept of reducing crude oil imports and helping to improve the quality of life of palm oil farmers By the PTT Innovation Institute Has the idea of research by using the high yield of palm oil in our country to extract as pure biodiesel or B100 since 2000 before mixing with diesel, including combustion additives and reduce the wear of Engine parts until getting B2 diesel fuel (Mixed with 2 percent biodiesel) pilot for sale in 2005 is considered a new era of diesel fuel that has it all

Soon the diesel B5 The addition of biodiesel was born in 2008 with a lower price per liter, but still with quality and complete performance, complete with the ability to reduce the wear of the engine, including parts. The various parts that are friction in the combustion system, which continuously creates consumer confidence and results in research to obtain diesel fuel. Information sq.m, which even better.

Next, diesel fuel B7 Became a remarkable consequence and unlocked all the doubts of consumers, since the proportion of such biodiesel blends (7 percent) has been the standard of diesel in Thailand since 2014 and makes Every type of diesel sold in Thailand has to be mixed with biodiesel in the proportion of 7 percent since then but has not stopped research on production. Diesel water formula in any way.  

From the expertise in continuous diesel fuel development, when the Energy Management Board of the Ministry of Energy announced that oil companies must be ready to sell B10 diesel Nationwide from 1 January   By 2020, it will be cheaper than B7 diesel 2 baht per liter and less than 1 baht per liter B 20 diesel fuel, resulting in B10 diesel to be an alternative between B7 and B20 diesel by planning to To replace B7 diesel in the near future. PTT Oil and Retail Public Company Limited   Therefore ready to respond to the said policy immediately By having the first distributor of B10 diesel in the middle of last year By using the product name PTT UltraForce Diesel B10

PTT UltraForce Diesel B10 (PTT Ultra Force Diesel B10 Is a high-grade pure biodiesel blended diesel according to the specification of the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA) in the proportion of 10 percent and comes with a special additive formula, PTT Ultra Force (PTT UltraForce). Increasing cetane, therefore accelerating more strongly than before. Moreover, the addition of the injector cleaner helps prevent clogging of the injectors and reduces wear and tear on the engine parts.

PTT UltraForce Diesel B10

บริษัท ปตท. น้ำมันและการค้าปลีก จำกัด (มหาชน) หรือ โออาร์ เอาใจผู้ใช้น้ำมันดีเซล นำร่องจำหน่ายน้ำมัน B10 ที่สถานีบริการน้ำมัน PTT Station ส่ง PTT UltraForce Diesel B10 น้ำมันดีเซลคุณภาพสูง ราคาประหยัด ที่จะกลายเป็นน้ำมันดีเซลฐานของประเทศไทยในปีหน้า ตอกย้ำความมั่นใจ ได้ประสิทธิภาพดีเท่าเดิม ในราคาถูกลง 2 บาท อีกทั้งยังใส่ใจสิ่งแวดล้อม เพิ่มรายได้เกษตรกร สนองนโยบายรัฐ พร้อมรับประกันคุณภาพ

จากแนวคิดลดการนำเข้าน้ำมันดิบและช่วยยกระดับคุณภาพชีวิตเกษตรกรสวนปาล์มกลุ่มปตท. โดยสถาบันนวัตกรรมปตท. มีแนวคิดในการค้นคว้าวิจัยโดยนำผลผลิตปาล์มน้ำมันที่มีมากในบ้านเรามาสกัดเป็นไบโอดีเซลบริสุทธิ์หรือ B100 มาตั้งแต่ปี 2543 ก่อนนำไปผสมกับน้ำมันดีเซลรวมถึงสารเพิ่มคุณภาพในการเผาไหม้และลดการสึกหรอของชิ้นส่วนเครื่องยนต์จนได้น้ำมันดีเซลบี2 (ผสมไบโอดีเซล 2 เปอร์เซ็นต์) นำร่องจำหน่ายในปี 2548 ถือเป็นการเปิดศักราชใหม่ของน้ำมันดีเซลเลยก็ว่าได้

ไม่ช้าน้ำมันดีเซลบี5 ที่มีส่วนผสมของไบโอดีเซลเพิ่มขึ้นก็ถือกำเนิดตามกันมาในปี 2551 ด้วยราคาต่อลิตรที่ถูกลงแต่ยังคงไว้ด้วยคุณภาพและประสิทธิภาพการทำงานอย่างครบถ้วนตบท้ายด้วยความสามารถลดการสึกหรอของเครื่องยนต์รวมถึงชิ้นส่วนต่างๆที่มีการเสียดสีกันในระบบเผาไหม้นี่เองสร้างความเชื่อมั่นอย่างต่อเนื่องแก่ผู้บริโภคและส่งผลให้เกิดการค้นคว้าวิจัยเพื่อให้ได้น้ำมันดีเซลสูตรใหม่ซึ่งดียิ่งขึ้นอีก

ต่อมาน้ำมันดีเซลบี7 กลายเป็นผลลัพธ์อันน่าทึ่งในลำดับถัดมาและปลดล็อคข้อสงสัยทุกๆอย่างของผู้บริโภคอย่างราบคาบเนื่องจากสัดส่วนการผสมไบโอดีเซลดังกล่าว (ร้อยละ 7) ได้กลายเป็นมาตรฐานของน้ำมันดีเซลของประเทศไทยมาตั้งแต่ปี 2557 และทำให้น้ำมันดีเซลทุกชนิดที่จำหน่ายในประเทศไทยจะต้องมีการผสมไบโอดีเซลในสัดส่วนร้อยละ 7 มาตั้งแต่นั้นแต่ก็ไม่ได้หยุดยั้งการค้นคว้าวิจัยในการผลิตน้ำมันดีเซลสูตรใหม่แต่อย่างใด 

จากความเชี่ยวชาญในการพัฒนาน้ำมันดีเซลอย่างต่อเนื่องที่ผ่านมาเมื่อคณะกรรมการบริหารพลังงานกระทรวงพลังงานได้ประกาศให้บริษัทน้ำมันจะต้องมีความพร้อมในการจำหน่ายน้ำมันดีเซลบี10 ทั่วประเทศตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 มกราคม  2563 เป็นต้นไป โดยกำหนดให้มีราคาถูกกว่าน้ำมันดีเซล บี7 2 บาทต่อลิตร และต่ำกว่าน้ำมันดีเซล บี20 ลิตรละ 1 บาท ส่งผลให้น้ำมันดีเซล บี10 จะเข้ามาเป็นทางเลือกระหว่างน้ำมันดีเซล บี7 และบี20 โดยวางแผนให้เข้ามาแทนน้ำมันดีเซล บี7 ในอนาคตอันใกล้บริษัท ปตท. น้ำมันและการค้าปลีก จำกัด (มหาชน)  จึงพร้อมตอบสนองนโยบายดังกล่วาในทันที โดยได้นำร่องจำหน่ายน้ำมันดีเซล B10 เป็นรายแรกเมื่อกลางปีที่ผ่านมา โดยใช้ชื่อผลิตภัณฑ์ว่า PTT UltraForce Diesel B10

PTT UltraForce Diesel B10 (พีทีทีอัลตราฟอร์ซดีเซลบี10 คือน้ำมันดีเซลผสมไบโอดีเซลบริสุทธิ์เกรดสูงตามสเปคของสมาคมผู้ผลิตยานยนต์ญี่ปุ่น (JAMA) ในสัดส่วน 10 เปอร์เซ็นต์และมาพร้อมกับนวัตกรรมสารเติมแต่งสูตรพิเศษพีทีทีอัลตราฟอร์ซ (PTT UltraForce) ช่วยเพิ่มค่าซีเทนจึงเร่งได้แรงกว่าเดิมยิ่งไปกว่านั้นยังผสมสารทำความสะอาดหัวฉีดช่วยป้องกันการอุดตันของหัวฉีดและลดอาการสึกหรอต่อชิ้นส่วนเครื่องยนต์

ยิ่งไปกว่าน้ัน พีทีที อัลตรา ฟอร์ซ บี10 จะมอบสมรรถนะในการใช้งานได้ดีไม่ต่างจากน้ำมันดีเซล บี7 เพราะจากผลการทดสอบแล้วพบว่า ไม่มีผลต่อชิ้นส่วนเครื่องยนต์ที่เป็นโลหะ พลาสติก และยาง ไม่ต่างจากน้ำมันดีเซลปกติ และจากการทดสอบด้วยวิธี Dyno Test พบว่า ค่ากำลังและแรงบิดไม่มีความแตกต่างอย่างมีนัยสำคัญ เมื่อเทียบกับน้ำมันดีเซล บี7 รวมถึงไม่มีผลกระทบกับระบบจ่ายเชื้อเพลิงและหล่อลื่นเครื่องยนต์ ที่สำคัญ อัตราสิ้นเปลืองเฉลี่ยก็ใกล้เคียงกับน้ำดีเซล บี7 ที่ 12 ก.ม./ลิตร

ผู้ขับขี่รถยนต์ดีเซลขนาดกลางและขนาดเล็กที่ใช้น้ำมันดีเซลธรรมดาอยู่ในปัจจุบัน สามารถเติม PTT UltraForce Diesel B10 น้ำมันดีเซลคุณภาพ ราคาประหยัด ที่มาพร้อมกับนวัตกรรมแห่งความแรง ได้แล้ววันนี้ ที PTT Station 300 แห่งทั่วทุกภาคของประเทศ พิเศษ! พร้อมรับคะแนน PTT Blue Card 10 เท่าจากปกติ หรือคิดเป็นส่วนลดสูงสุด 50 สตางค์/ลิตร ระหว่างวันที่ 1 ธันวาคม  2562 – 10 มกราคม  2563 และในเดือนมกราคม  2563จะมีสถานีบริการจำหน่ายพีทีที อัลตรา ฟอร์ซ บี10 ครอบคลุมทุกจังหวัดกว่า 1,000 แห่งทั่วประเทศ

นวัตกรรมพลังงานอย่างพีทีทีอัลตราฟอร์ซบี10 จึงเป็นคำตอบอันสมบูรณ์แบบที่สุดซึ่งสนองความต้องการของผู้บริโภคและสังคมครบถ้วนทุกด้าน!

• Haha 1

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1702496/officials-to-elevate-b10-to-primary-diesel

The Energy Ministry plans to announce the availability of biodiesel B10 as the primary diesel from November onward, replacing B7 in order to increase the use of crude palm oil and address Thailand's environmental problems.

B7 will be phased out at petrol stations after the ministry's announcement and nationwide availability will be curtailed by law starting from November 2020, said Energy Minister Siri Jirapongphan.

"The ministry is confident that B10 will become the preferred fuel by local motorists because the ministry is providing a grace period of over a year for biodiesel refineries to improve their refining processes and oil formulas; for example a monoglyceride reduction -- a form of fatty acid -- from 0.7% to below 0.4%," Mr Siri said. "Meanwhile, oil traders have to prepare for B10 availability across the country for diesel-powered pickups, buses and trucks."

Thailand has 28 petrol stations with B10 availability. B20 can be accessed at 900 stations.

Mr Siri said the ministry forecasts B20 consumption to increase to 110 million litres in June from 70 million litres on average per month.

4 hours ago, egypte said:

The Energy Ministry plans to announce the availability of biodiesel B10 as the primary diesel from November onward, replacing B7 in order to increase the use of crude palm oil and address Thailand's environmental problems.

so they cut even more swathes of forest, rubber plantations etc in favour of yet more Palm plantations!

- so adds to the environmental raeping of the countrys traditional green cover...

- going the same way as Malaysia went over 20 years ago

On 2/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, rambling said:

The Shell station near me (on Vibhavadi road in Bangkok) now no longer sells the regular B7 Diesel FuelSave, only B10 and VPower.

Too bad as my car won't take B10 and I'm not willing to put VPower every fill up.

I hope Caltex and Esso won't follow suit with this.

Mix it?

If my math is correct 35l of B10 mixed with 15l of V-power is 8 baht more expensive than 50l of B7. Sorted.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Mix it?

If my math is correct 35l of B10 mixed with 15l of V-power is 8 baht more expensive than 50l of B7. Sorted.

Is V-Power diesel pure petrol derived with zero biodiesel? Where can one find a datasheet or specs to confirm this?

13 minutes ago, rambling said:

Is V-Power diesel pure petrol derived with zero biodiesel?

No idea? I am working on the assumption is is just diesel. 

Interestingly 

The fuel is slightly less dense than regular diesel so, per volume, the unit energy is actually lower than regular diesel. 

If it is not just diesel and the poster above cannot use B10 then he is in trouble?

Q? Do they still sell light diesel upcountry for Kubota walk being tractors?

Edited by VocalNeal

• 4 months later...

I recently bought a 2019 Mazda BT50 for my bikes.  Friend said stick B10 in it.  Is it ok to do so as I read Mazda and others haven't yet approved the use of it?  I stuck 500bht just to see how it ran and all was good.  Stuck normal diesel in afterwards as I am not sure of the long term use of B10.  

Anyone using it for their truck? 

• 2 months later...

I have a 2018 Triton in which I have used B10, since reading that the CEO of Mitsu Thailand recommended B10 Or B20. last week went to fill up, No B10 Or B20. Only B7, i had not seen B7 before then. I read that the government were phasing out B7, is this a ploy from the petroleum giants to make a killing before it goes altogether? B7 is the most expensive now. What should I use instead of B10?

1 hour ago, Hepbub said:

I have a 2018 Triton in which I have used B10, since reading that the CEO of Mitsu Thailand recommended B10 Or B20. last week went to fill up, No B10 Or B20. Only B7, i had not seen B7 before then. I read that the government were phasing out B7, is this a ploy from the petroleum giants to make a killing before it goes altogether? B7 is the most expensive now. What should I use instead of B10?

A couple of days ago we filled up at a Caltex Petrol Station in Kanchanaburi. The Pump definitely said B7 and it was just over 22thb/ltr. We are now back in Bangkok and I'll look to see if the same is offered here.

In keeping with the modern trend of “greater marketing confusion = greater profits”, Shell does not label their two B10 diesel fuels as B10.

FuelSave and V-power diesel are both B10, with v-power costing 6.5 Baht per liter more.  Both utilize their incredible DYNAFLEX technology. ???? 

They also offer both FuelSave and V-Power in B7 for 2-3 Baht more per liter than the B10 versions.

Diesel B20 saves about 1/2 Baht over the B10 FuelSave.

I have not noticed any performance difference between B7 and B10, have you?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, kennw said:

My BMW says B7 max on the fuel filler cap so what to use if they phase out B7

From various threads, it appears that the B7 phase out is well underway in Bangkok and environs whereas it is still widely available in Isaan as there's loads of older pickups pootling about. In Udon, there's roughly one B10 pump for every six B7 pumps at the average PTT station.

Maybe it's time to move up-country?

• 4 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, 55Jay said:

Scrolled back through a few pages of topics, didn't see anything apart from an E20 question. 

Wife went to her usual PTT station yesterday and was told they've switched to B10 diesel without any indication one way or the other about compatibility with her engine - 2013 Toyota Fortuner 3.0L diesel.  She wasn't sure, the pumpman wasn't either so she left without topping up.

Going through several articles, found this from Toyota Thailand, that our year Fortuner is compatible with B20.  I can only presume if it's ok for B20 in warm climates, that B10 would be fine?    

Wasn't aware of this, just had to siphon out 54 litres on the side of the road from a BMW, read about it half hour after filling and it can blow your engine, dark blue has always been 'real diesel' where i'm from, and lighter shades the dodgy stuff, now they've swapped that around. 

- our area just had these B10's installed (seemingly).

Edited by Jenkins9039
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:02 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Wasn't aware of this, just had to siphon out 54 litres on the side of the road from a BMW, read about it half hour after filling and it can blow your engine, dark blue has always been 'real diesel' where i'm from, and lighter shades the dodgy stuff, now they've swapped that around. 

- our area just had these B10's installed (seemingly).

3% extra palm oil is certainly not going to blow anything up. I think you should be careful what you read/believe on the Internet! Hope your car is ok. ????