Single Female Expat Adoption?

yekholyahbatyhwh

Hey all,

I have been considering adopting for a while now. I would like more information about the process. The only things I see online on the matter are from years ago and many of us already know how suddenly these Thai rules and laws change up. 

A little about me:

I am a US citizen

I am 27 years old

I have been living in Thailand almost 3 years

I have been working as a teacher almost 3 years

I have a work permit

I have a valid visa

Adopting as a single person

I know the rules apply differently to Thais than they do foreigners so, please no information on your Thai girlfriend, Thai friend, Thai sister-in-law, etc adopting. Or if you are a couple that adopted or are married to a Thai. Those laws won't apply to me. Hence, they are irrelevant. I would just like to know general, ACCURATE information on the process. Also, I will be adopting in-country because I live here, obviously. I'm only mentioning it because I have read multiple articles where the process is different if you live in another country and want to adopt from Thailand. Also, I understand that it is a more intense process adopting as a single person. I don't need any 'just letting you knows' or negativity. It's possible just not common. Thank you, in advance. I appreciate it. 

Edited by yekholyahbatyhwh
Typo

Hi! It *is* possible. Search my earlier posts on going to the Child Adoption Center in Dusit to find out more and be assigned a caseworker. Also, join https://www.facebook.com/groups/bambiadoptionsupport/. Finally, thoroughly investigate the requirements for Americans. Last I checked, your child will have to live with you in country for two years after he or she's adopted before they can get U.S. citizenship. Feel free to PM me for more info. Good luck!