Cheaper electricity on the way for businesses and families

geovalin

The electricity regulator will continue to bring down the cost of electricity tariffs for households and enterprises in Phnom Penh and a number of provinces from Feb 1, according to a senior official from the Electricity Authority of Cambodia (EAC). Yim Viseth, chairman of the Electricity Authority of Cambodia, told Khmer Times yesterday the government has decided to lower the cost of electricity for consumers in industry and agriculture.

“We will soon be discussing the electricity tariff and the new price list will be coming out early next month,” Yim added. “We had come out with a new list before for the electricity tariff for 2020 and had consulted with other stakeholders, but the new list was killed because the government had decided a new tariff for industry and the agriculture sector,” Yim said.

At present, in Phnom Penh and Takhmao, households that consume more than 201 kilowatts an hour (kWh) per month face electricity tariffs of 740 riel ($0.185). However, for families that use less than 50 kWh, the price of electricity is 480 riel ($0.12) per kWh, while those who use from 51 kWh to 200 kWh, the price will be 610 ($0.15).

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50684246/cheaper-electricity-on-the-way-for-businesses-and-families

Sounds expensive to me.

Provincial Electricity Authority Thailand charges me 4.09 baht, including tax, per kilowatt hour on 389 kWh for last month. That works out to be 532 riels per kWh.

Or, perhaps the first 50 kWh is charged at 480, from 50 to 200 is charged at 610, then, anything over 200 is 740. Making my bill....254620 riels, 1954 baht as against the 1593.63 baht I paid....