Overseas bank proof of transfer

Today I went to CW for my yearly extension.  FYI, I haven't had a problem in the past 15 years using my monthly income as my source of funds.  Unbeknownst to me , in order to get a full years worth of statements showing international transfers, I would need to submit an application and wait 3-4 days.  OK, my bad.  I tried for the extension anyway, using the six months of statements that the bank in CW could print but the IO told me that I needed the full years statement, and IN ADDITION, I would need a document from my bank in the US stating they had made the international transfers!!  This may be a b---h to get, especially since BKK Bank NY discontinued their transfer service in December whereby I had to send money to a friend to send over as an international transfer from his bank for December and now using Transferwise for January and all future transfers.

Has anyone else ever been told they need a letter from their foreign bank regarding the transfers and if so, can they tell exactly what to ask for and/or in what format! 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Martyp said:

For the monthly method you need proof of international transfers but I thought you could get that from your Thai bank.

Yes, I agree.  But this IO insisted that I get an additional document from my US bank stating that funds were transferred into my Thai bank account???

6 hours ago, snooky said:

Yes, I agree.  But this IO insisted that I get an additional document from my US bank stating that funds were transferred into my Thai bank account???

How strange, I thought the 12 transfers were required, because they did not trust overseas evidence without the Embassy stamping it...

I've succesfully done 7 SWIFT transfers and could show 7 transfer request confirmation emails, and 7 matching statements. There would be no single document, the home country bank would be unlikely to produce "a" document to suit Thai immigration, they would probably ask WHO, and then say NO! ????

Edited by UKresonant

6 hours ago, snooky said:

Usually the foreign bank can supply a doc showing details of the transfer. That should be easy if its in your name, if its sent from a friend it may cause a problem. Print off 12 and hopefully they won't question the ones in your friends name. Phone your US bank and ask, they will have records going back years.

You could also print off a statement for a year showing the transfers

Edited by scubascuba3

Have not seen, heard or experiened the need for "foreign bank proof".

Credit Advice/Receipts, issued by your Thai bank, detail the sending (and intermediary) institutions.

This recent thread has some information which may be helpful...

12 hours ago, snooky said:

Has anyone else ever been told they need a letter from their foreign bank regarding the transfers and if so, can they tell exactly what to ask for and/or in what format! 

Normally they will only want proof of the source of your income not something from the bank doing the transfer to you.

Proof of the source of it can be a pension statement and etc.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally they will only want proof of the source of your income not something from the bank doing the transfer to you.

Proof of the source of it can be a pension statement and etc.

I went to my branch yesterday Bangkok Bank and was told that on this the proof immigration want is credit advice letters along with cover letter. They verified it with the Silom office. I went to them because of all the conflicting information on the forum. Just didn't know who to believe.  forgot to add my local immigration office told me that is what they want just like bangkok.

Edited by pmarlin

I can accept and don't mind jumping through some hoops for things that I control.  But asking my bank to do things, when I am overseas, and what I am asking for is letters for things and services not in their regular service list is just not right.  And just how are you going to get the letter(s) and what exactly will they accept?  Fax? Email attachment?  Signed original letter that has to come in the mail?  How recent must the letter be? 

And now if they want some Proof of the actual source of the income, yeah well, brokerage account statements with account numbers for the three IRA and brokerage accounts from which I would be transferring the dividend and interest money into one of my checking accounts, and that checking account is the place I will be "buffering" the 65k baht amounts before then transferring to a Thai bank.  I mean, it can get dendritic if one is not using a simple pension or just Social security. 

Just went to Jomtiem last Tuesday for my extension which was successful

As you say I had to get the local branch of Bangkok Bank to request the 12 months of statements from HQ. Then BB wrote a letter on a single sheet of paper showing the 12 international transfers. I had the statements in my bag but they were not interested in them. Nothing about my UK bank only the BB letter. They did want proof of my two UK pensions as well as a letter from BB confirming the account was in my name ONLY.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cauldlad said:

Just went to Jomtiem last Tuesday for my extension which was successful

As you say I had to get the local branch of Bangkok Bank to request the 12 months of statements from HQ. Then BB wrote a letter on a single sheet of paper showing the 12 international transfers. I had the statements in my bag but they were not interested in them. Nothing about my UK bank only the BB letter. They did want proof of my two UK pensions as well as a letter from BB confirming the account was in my name ONLY.

This thread is about Chang Watana. Anyway never heard of a place called Jomtiem, where is that? Lol

• Confused 1

20200115_094522.thumb.jpg.523afd74503e9bd961066b2928fb66a4.jpg1766007585_David.thumb.jpg.b1f6fb376c121cd6f3fd60caf4494891.jpgYes. I was recently given a requirement list with that on.

Easy if you have online banking. Just download a copy of your monthly back statement which will show your international transfer!

Edited by DPKANKAN
Added photos

1 hour ago, cauldlad said:

Never could spell lol

Just pointing out different offices have different interpretations of the ' rules '

I would say that the documents they require at Jomtien Immigration makes more sense compared to, for example CW and CM. 

21 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes. I was recently given a requirement list with that on.

Which office gave you that info?

Some of it is out of date and/or incorrect.

A medical certificate is not required according the rules.

28 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Yes. I was recently given a requirement list with that on.

Easy if you have online banking. Just download a copy of your monthly back statement which will show your international transfer!

5. This is not correct.

It's 2 months prior to the day of application for every extension from March 1 2019. It's in the police order.

And where in Thailand do you need a medical certificate when applying for the annual extension based on retirement? 

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Which office gave you that info?

Some of it is out of date and/or incorrect.

A medical certificate is not required according the rules.

Kanchanaburi. Being doing medical certificates for about 4/5 years I think. 50 - 100 baht at private hospital. Don't even take your blood pressure!!

Incidentally, it is the first time they have ever given anything in writing. 

Edited by DPKANKAN
Additional notes

30 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

5. This is not correct.

It's 2 months prior to the day of application for every extension from March 1 2019. It's in the police order.

And where in Thailand do you need a medical certificate when applying for the annual extension based on retirement? 

Kanchanaburi. Been doing a med cert for 4/5 years. 50-100 baht at private hospital.

First time irritation here has ever handed anything out in writing!!

On 1/30/2020 at 10:43 PM, snooky said:

Try getting a copy of the Wire Transfer from the sending bank?  Whoever made the transfer for you should have the advice from the bank.  Just a thought!

In Hua Hin I took 12 months statement stamped and signed by KBank as I did last year, showing international transfers with an identifiable code, but this year they want individual statements for each single monthly receipt. It cost me 4500 baht for the 9 statements before the latest 3 free that KBank will provide. Immigration also want a letter from the bank confirming that I hold an account there and confirming my current balance. Add this to the BS about approved insurance companies for OA visa and the insurance having to start on the date the visa starts, and I also agree with others that its getting less and less attractive to stay here, because I don't feel the love at all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Kanchanaburi. Been doing a med cert for 4/5 years. 50-100 baht at private hospital.

First time irritation here has ever handed anything out in writing!!

I wonder what police order Kanchanaburi immigration has been reading. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:43 PM, snooky said:

If you have an on line access to your american bank most of them you can download the credit advice for each international wire transfer. I know you can with BoA. Just downladed one years worth.