Eva Air

Guemlum

Hi, I'm looking to fly my girlfriend over to the UK in June, and EVA Air seems to be coming up the cheapest at the moment at 31700 baht for a return trip.

I always fly Etihad myself, but was wondering if anyone had flown with them and had any opinions, both positive or negative about this airline.

Thanks

Guemlum

They always get a good rep and they fly direct so your girlfriend won't have to worry about transferring at whatever is Etihad's home airport.

This is the airline oracle:

www.airlinequality.com/main/forum.htm

Hi, I'm looking to fly my girlfriend over to the UK in June, and EVA Air seems to be coming up the cheapest at the moment at 31700 baht for a return trip.

I always fly Etihad myself, but was wondering if anyone had flown with them and had any opinions, both positive or negative about this airline.

Thanks

Guemlum

Flew EVA Air many times from Europe/BKK vice versa.

Very good service and kind staff (Taiwan based airline) !

If you can, take the Evergreen Class; a kind of sub-business. Economy food but space is a lot bigger in seats and leg-space. Just a little more moneywise but certainly worth it.

Good Luck.

LaoPo

I've flown with them a few times too and they've been quite good. Sorted out my vegan meal at short notice as the company I booked through obviously hadn't told them. Was quite impressed with that...

They also have a Hello Kitty plane if she was lucky enough to get on that one!!

172.jpg

agree

I was very impressed when I flew to London. They had nice clean planes with good seats and personal video screens (I flew economy). I would fly with them again, no question.

unfortunately, I think the hello kitty planes are only for the taipei-japan routes and are fully booked up for months!

I've never flown EVA, but after reading so many good stories about them, I booked some return tickets from BKK to LAX on EVA.

If you decide to book, try to select a flight operating on a B777 aircraft, they are a lot newer and have personal TVS and an excellent in-flight entertainment system. I think to Europe they only go to London on the B777.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

What is the number of the check in counter and the location in departures please ?

Trying the Evergreen as recommended by our members, flying to Amsterdam so not sure on the aircraft.

Someone said the older planes are better for leg room and comfort so i hope i,m on one of these ?????

I,m dreading the unknown relating to transfers between the airports.

It,s putting an extra 12 hours on my schedule as i have to get an earlier flight out and a later flight back

( domestic wise of course )

Oh well never mind, Fuffing Hells Fire and the usual TIT reaction came to mind when i booked this morning.

I,ll get over it.....................stay cooooooooooooooool ya all

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

What is the number of the check in counter and the location in departures please ?

Trying the Evergreen as recommended by our members, flying to Amsterdam so not sure on the aircraft.

Here you will find all details about schedules and type of aircraft on the (many) destinations of Eva Air; it's in PDF

http://www.evaair.com/NR/rdonlyres/6B3DCCF...9/0/pall_en.pdf

# of check-in counters and location; I don't know, but suppose you can find it on the website of suvarnabumi airport.

LaoPo

I've flown with them a few times too and they've been quite good. Sorted out my vegan meal at short notice as the company I booked through obviously hadn't told them. Was quite impressed with that...

172.jpg

Hello forgive my ignorance... what in the name of ? .... is a Hello Kitty plane?

Help please

172.jpg

Hello forgive my ignorance... what in the name of ? .... is a Hello Kitty plane?

Help please

You may find the links below helpful.

Regards

http://www.sanrio.com

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/eva...00610210002.htm

/edit add link//

Edited by A_Traveller

Thanks

Guemlum

EVA Evergreen Deluxe is a good service and the tickets can be bought online at reduced prices.

Someone said the older planes are better for leg room and comfort so i hope i,m on one of these ?????

It,s putting an extra 12 hours on my schedule as i have to get an earlier flight out and a later flight back

Oh well never mind, Fuffing Hells Fire and the usual TIT reaction came to mind when i booked this morning.

To AMS they use the older B747

Cheers

Onzestan

Their popular Hello Kitty plane is an Airbus A-330 and it most deffinently won't be flying you to Amsterdame. That is a medium range plane that usually flys around Asia and to Brisbane Australia. They do have PTV's in the hello kitty, just like their B777-300 ER, but it is newer and the seats are harder and less comfortable.

However, I forgot to add, a lot of Eva's 747's are combi versions (half passenger half cargo) and if you fly one of these combi version 747's, you will get personal tv. Only the complete passenger 747's don't have personal tv.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

marshbags :D

To AMS they use the older B747

Cheers

Onzestan

Thanks for the imput, Onzestan on both questions, i always like to have an idea of my travel situation in advance.

Also to Laopo for the website.

I hope other members find the the info useful also.

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

Good choice, new B777 aircraft on UK service, non stop and last time I flew about 50% of the stewardesses were Thai. Your G/F will love it.

I am going to be taking EVA from the USA in a few months. I figure I will be totally exhausted by the time I get to LOS. I wonder if it would make sense to stop in Taiwan for a few days to take a rest and see Taiwan. Is Taiwan just outrageously expensive now, or would it be a fun place to spend a few days?

I am going to be taking EVA from the USA in a few months. I figure I will be totally exhausted by the time I get to LOS. I wonder if it would make sense to stop in Taiwan for a few days to take a rest and see Taiwan. Is Taiwan just outrageously expensive now, or would it be a fun place to spend a few days?

I've stopped over in Taipei a few times and enjoyed seeing the sights.

EVA occupies one terminal, which is therefore never crowded - I've never had to queue for more than five minutes.

Catch the airport shuttle (head hard right after exiting customs) bus to outside Centre? Station

where you get an intercity train or subway to wherever you want to go.  There's also a tourist info counter just inside the entrance with lots of English language info on Taipei and Taiwan.

I found an inexpensive hotel (USD30) three stations away from Centre in the cinema area (can't remember the name, sorry).

BTW, EVA is my favourite airline at the moment - can`t beat the service and the new 777's are great, too

-Ross

EVA and Qantas are best non-stops ex-UK.

EVA cheaper but still £100 more at £625 this year vs. 2006. Timing good also : leaves Bkk 2 pm, leaves London 9 pm (compare that with the Arab airlines!). Thai a little cheaper but uses tired old 747s, Qantas a bit more, as is BA. BA props up its stiffs in spare first class seats, so you should be ok 'World Traveller'.

I fly EVA from US out of La, at 6'4 I always get Evergreen class seats for only 150 dollars more round trip.

This is the only airline I have been able to sleep for more than 2 hours, evergreen class seats are very roomy

So if you can get a good sleep on first lag 12 hour flight, you won't be so jet lagged when you get to Bangkok.