Getting To The Northern Bus Terminal

pgs

I've looked at the maps & haven't noticed any links from Suvarnabhumi the Northern Bus Terminal. Is there a bus service covering this?

If so, (roughly) what prices / how often / from - to what times / how long?

If not, can anyone give an idea of the taxi fare & how long to allow? Generally land around 10 - 11PM.

It all depends when you arrive and on your destination in Thailand.

Any holiday period brings out the sharks and thieves especially at Song Kran.

My mate arrives on Monday from Denmark via Finland at 13:40 and was going to take a bus up here to Klong Lan in the central region.

We figure around an hour to get out of the airport. he was then going to take a taxi to Mo Chit bus terminal and then by bus up here. Unfortunately around 15:00 the traffic thickens up and even by the express ways there will be delays and he had to be at Mo Chit before 15:30 to catch that bus or face a 5 hour wait until 20:00 followed by another 5 hours in a bus arriving here around 01:00 after travelling something like 24 hours door to door. We have finally convinced him to let us pick him up.

At the time of night you will arrive will be good for traffic and you should be able to get a taxi fairly quickly but make sure the meter is ON.

I did a Google on bus timetables for inter provincial services and most of the main destinations are there so if you are going to Chiang Mai Chiang Rai etc you should be OK but remember NEVER be parted form your luggage except when it is put into the bus.

I can't help you with prices unfortunately as we have a pickup truck and I have never been on a public bus in 14 years as they scare me.

I wish you the best of luck and if you are coming on holiday you will enjoy it here.

Thanks for that. I've been over something like 23 times in the past 7 years, but haven't been through Suvarnabhumi as yet. Last bus leaves for Chaiyaphum about 1am or so, with the next about 4am (otherwise 1/2 hourly twixt). From Don Muang, we allowed an hour to get out & 45 min to the bus station, so anything from 23.30 we'd be on our way home. All the bus details I've seen show into BKK.