Activities against coronavirus

webfact

Activities against coronavirus

90e5840afeb8aff68379397df39e52f5_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Many provinces have produced video clips in Thai and Chinese to cheer up Wuhan residents in China in the face of a coronavirus outbreak, and urged villagers to wash their hands properly to prevent infection.

Over 300 soldiers of the 27th Army District and personnel of Roi Et Hospital and Somdej Phra Phuttha Yodfa Hospital demonstrated how to wash hands properly to prevent the spread of infection.

At the City Shrine in Mahachai subdistrict in the capital district of Samut Sakhon province, Provincial Governor Veerasak Vichitsaengsri directed the production of a clip which is to be distributed to Wuhan residents and is intended to cheer them up in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

In Sukhothai province, Kwang Tong School has given moral support for Wuhan residents. Suraphol Angsirijinda, the chief administrator of the school, Chinese language teachers from China and about 800 schoolchildren offered their support to Wuhan residents in words spoken in Thai and Chinese.

In Bangkok, over 1,000 Bangkok Metropolitan Administration volunteers joined a cleanup activity against a spread of coronavirus in the Skywalk area in Pathumwan district. Railings along the Skywalk were well cleaned while members of the public were advised not to panic and to eat hot food, use center spoons when serving food, wear health masks, wash their hands often and avoid touching objects in public places.

Democrat Party MP Ong-ard Khlamphaiboon, today handed out health masks to pedestrians, vendors and tourists in Wang Lang area and urged them to be on alert and continually follow the situation. He said Chinese tourists should be welcome in Thailand because not all of them would come from coronavirus-infected areas in China.

nnt.jpg

Basically an admission to being an ignorant country. In schools, stupid rules with no understanding about shoes - take them off in class, have spare shoes for going in the bathroom - but in the end just walk <deleted> all over the place and get dirty socks to walk back in to the classroom.

Understanding that the masks are mostly for 'splash' protection and to avoid putting dirty hands in your mouth - but having school kids unable to sit more than 30cm apart...

Basic rules also about awareness - left hand is unclean, so that's why we walk on the left and use a left hand for a hand rail and don't use our dirty hand to scratch our eyes... However, people are biased to the right - even driving cars they hug the white lines and cut corners turning right whilst leaving too much space on the inside when turning left.

Stuff I learned in England in the 1970's.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I'm waiting for a group photo with 10 000 generals washing their hands. Their biggest mission so far.

They will each have a couple of conscripts detailed off to do it for them...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, humbug said:

oh god communism has arrived, let brother Wuhan know that brother kwan will keep supporting each other against those nasty free societies

Oh yes it has and as usual, propaganda is the first arrival: https://www.thaienquirer.com/7301/thai-media-is-outsourcing-much-of-its-coronavirus-coverage-to-beijing-and-thats-just-the-start/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Basically an admission to being an ignorant country. In schools, stupid rules with no understanding about shoes - take them off in class, have spare shoes for going in the bathroom - but in the end just walk <deleted> all over the place and get dirty socks to walk back in to the classroom.

Understanding that the masks are mostly for 'splash' protection and to avoid putting dirty hands in your mouth - but having school kids unable to sit more than 30cm apart...

Basic rules also about awareness - left hand is unclean, so that's why we walk on the left and use a left hand for a hand rail and don't use our dirty hand to scratch our eyes... However, people are biased to the right - even driving cars they hug the white lines and cut corners turning right whilst leaving too much space on the inside when turning left.

Stuff I learned in England in the 1970's.

Left hand in some cultures used to wipe your botty = unclean.

On a pavement the hand rail will be next to the road so depending on direction to use your left hand you may have to walk backwards.

If walking on a road with no pavement/sidewalk you walk on the side of approaching traffic so nothing hits you in the back, eg,  in UK you walk on the right hand side.

Stuff I learned in the 60's.

Driving on the left in uk is a follow on from horseback days. Made it easier to have your right hand for your sword clear and less awkward for defence. Driving on the left was enforced by law in 1835.

Edited by overherebc

On 2/3/2020 at 8:54 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Out of the three hundred, how many wash their hands after taking a pee?

When I am out at Thai places I very rarely see Thai men washing their hands after.

They can't, 'cause there is no soap in the toilets

On 2/3/2020 at 8:08 AM, bluesofa said:

Does it need the police and army to show people how to wash their hands now?

Are the government saying this is needed as the general population are hard-of-learning?

When I first saw the picture I thought they were going to fight the virus using martial arts.

I thought they practice the Gangnam Style

• Haha 1