Work Permit Problem

I am about to employ a falang friend here on an O visa based on marriage to a Thai.

My office is in Bang Na but his home is not too far from the employment office at Samutprakan and we were both wondering if we could get the work permit there or do we need to go to the main immigration office as his visa is based here on supporting a spouse and child. The monthly pay is well over 40K.

We are also trying to find out what paperwork is required for the application.

Can any of you advise?

Ok I have found the documents needed for the application - I need advise on the application - Should the application be made at Samut Prakan or Bang Na and when do we get the Immigration involved to extend the "O" visa?

Required Documentation from the Applicant

ท A valid passport with a Non-Immigrant visa “B” or “O”

ท CV or Resume showing your educational qualifications and details you past position, duties, and place and length of employment.

ท A recent medical certificate.

ท 3 off 5x6 cm full face no hats or headgear

If the applicant is married to a Thai national

ท Original and photocopies

ท Marriage certificate

ท Spouse’s identity card

ท Birth certificates of children

ท Photocopy of every page of your passport

Company or employer Documents - must bear the company seal signature of the MD

ท Certificate of Company registration – directors list & Capital

ท List of shareholders

ท Copy of any factory license and/or license to operate a factory

ท Copy of VAT Certificate (Phor.Phor.20

Your bigger problem may actually be qualifing for additional work permits for farangs.

This is usually tied to how many Thai employes you have.. Usually 7 Thais per EACH work permit.

Good Luck

CS

There is often confusion between the Miinstry of Labour requirements to obtain a work permit and the Immgration dept requirements to obtain a 12 month visa extension.

Your bigger problem may actually be qualifing for additional work permits for farangs.

This is usually tied to how many Thai employes you have.. Usually 7 Thais per EACH work permit.

Good Luck

CS

Would you be so kind as to share your source for this information? I must say it is the first time I have heard any such figure.

Your bigger problem may actually be qualifying for additional work permits for farangs.

This is usually tied to how many Thai employees you have.. Usually 7 Thais per EACH work permit.

One of the biggest misconceptions.

Having Thai employees is in no way required to apply for workpermits!

The Thai employees (along with the minimum salary based on nationality) only become necessary when applying for extension of stay based on employment!

I think the only requirement is to have at least 2 million Baht registered capital per foreign employee, but don't quote me on that as I vaguely recall there were some changes to this requirement...