Visa in ho chi minh, Vietnam

Hello,
Me and a friend need to go outside of the country next week.
My friend is married with a Non - O visa.
I am with a tourist visa at the moment and in a few months I will have a work permit (we are in the final stages of opening a company, I do have to go out before it is set).
Is it doable? doing a tourist visa and a Non - O visa in ho chi minh?
You need to show 20,000B in a bank account, is that correct?
Our concern is that they won't accept a transcript from our bank accounts in Israel, it might be a problem? or no?

Any information would be helpful.
Thanks

OP, since it's a stop gap time frame, have you considered couple of border entries with extensions. That would give you 120 days. Bit inconvenient but would work.

Saigon consulate is helpful. I cannot advise on your banking question, but seems minor to me. Money does not need to be in Thai bank. It's a small office but I found staff helpful. 

Ubonjoe will be along tomorrow with best option advice.

Good luck.

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, since it's a stop gap time frame, have you considered couple of border entries with extensions. That would give you 120 days. Bit inconvenient but would work.

Saigon consulate is helpful. I cannot advise on your banking question, but seems minor to me. Money does not need to be in Thai bank. It's a small office but I found staff helpful. 

Thanks for your reply.
I only need a simple tourist visa because I will leave the country before it ends to get the work permit.

1 minute ago, alon95 said:

In that case, yes, Saigon good place for setv. They are helpful and also strict. The clerk will go through your docs and pick up on anything missing. There are travel agents nearby that will provide photocopy etc for small fee. I needed to give hard copy of onward flight and was able to walk into random office email them my flight detail etc and get print out. Cost stuff all. 

You apply am prior to 11.30.

Pick up next day afternoon. Lunch break 12-1pm

• Like 1

I remember they didn't really look much at my papers when I did a tourist visa there. Just really cared bout the main application, the dollars and the passport and I got my visa the next day.

Efficient service from my little experience. Probably one of the best places to make a Thai visa. I think the bank statement shouldn't be a problem.

7 hours ago, alon95 said:

I only need a simple tourist visa because I will leave the country before it ends to get the work permit.

Then why bother with a visa at all? With an Israeli passport you get 30-days visa exempt entries, and if that's not enough you can extend it another 30 days. Unless you have a long history of living in Thailand you shouldn't have a problem coming in visa exempt.

I went there for my non-imm 0 visa, (marriage). It was the easiest and quickest visa application I have done. Flew down from CNX to SGN, overnight in hotel, next day at the consulate when it opened, gave my paperwork in and was back out looking for a taxi to the hotel 2 minutes later. The next day turned up just as the visa section was opening for the afternoon, when the passports are returned, and again was back out in the street looking for a taxi some 2 minutes later, complete with passport and new visa. Would highly recommend using this consulate.  

• Like 1