Child allowance for Thai in UK..

Ok ..do sorry if I'm on wrong for as I couldn't see one that fits....last night I was watching a program on immigration and asylum seeker entering Britain....so firstly I'm not against immigration I chose to move to another country to live over 30 years ago now I'm here in Thailand ..what I didn't like was the point where forms were shown by the presenter explained how to get all benefits if these are legal immigrants or not.  Now I've paid tax NI in UK over ,45 years and still do .I was outraged by many of the things on offer by our government. Inc children benefits.. maternity allowance ..on arriving in UK never paid a penny probably never will..my Question is I have a 2 year old son born here .has British passport .and yet I'm not allowed benefits....is the tax and NI for that  seems everyone in the world can scrounge the UZk except for its own citizens....ok so if did. Child aid. Was given to the families in The EU. And they are eligible..what happens now we are coming out the EU will they still be entitled if so why not British citizens anywhere in the world  if you are feeding and clothing your kids ford it matter where you go it ..just saying. I

op is this just a rant or some serious questions as to your entitlement, it would have been nice if you said what these people were getting, other than to say you saw some forms being shown, what were these forms, 

don't believe everything you hear about asylum seekers getting everything,

'' is the tax and NI for that  seems everyone in the world can scrounge the UZk except for its own citizens.'' what are you referring to, and hardly everyone in the world

Eu citizens living in the UK get child allowance for children in their own country, you would get it for your child if living in a EU country

• Like 1
1 hour ago, steve187 said:

op is this just a rant or some serious questions as to your entitlement, it would have been nice if you said what these people were getting, other than to say you saw some forms being shown, what were these forms, 

don't believe everything you hear about asylum seekers getting everything,

'' is the tax and NI for that  seems everyone in the world can scrounge the UZk except for its own citizens.'' what are you referring to, and hardly everyone in the world

Eu citizens living in the UK get child allowance for children in their own country, you would get it for your child if living in a EU country

Point was when UK comes out of the EU. What is the difference between being paid in another country ....if they still do that to people that have never contributed and yet many people like my self and many other X pats are not allowed because we are a little further away ..might want to re read. ...also I stated are tax and NI contributions used for the financing of child benefit ..ect ..simple question ..I think you are making an issue here I asked genuine questions u put up a fence. Your time you are allowed that's the idea of these forums. No probs 

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Point was when UK comes out of the EU. What is the difference between being paid in another country ....if they still do that to people that have never contributed and yet many people like my self and many other X pats are not allowed because we are a little further away ..might want to re read. ...also I stated are tax and NI contributions used for the financing of child benefit ..ect ..simple question ..I think you are making an issue here I asked genuine questions u put up a fence. Your time you are allowed that's the idea of these forums. No probs 

still no idea what you are asking or in fact saying,

people who are paying tax etc and working in the UK, get child allowance for children within EU

asylum seekers see here - https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get  its not a lot £3.00 for children ontop of the £37.50 that the mum/dad get

Op, UK has been ripped by folk on the take for a long time so you might forgive it for being more stringent. If you are legit, you will get standard child benefit after a predetermined amount of time working/contributing but don't expect handouts off the bat. Based on current time here/address I believe.

On 2/9/2020 at 4:59 AM, daveAustin said:

Op, UK has been ripped by folk on the take for a long time so you might forgive it for being more stringent. If you are legit, you will get standard child benefit after a predetermined amount of time working/contributing but don't expect handouts off the bat. Based on current time here/address I believe.

hello mate i agree with you the UK has been used and abused long enough im still currently paying into the system there ..so you saying its possible even outside EU to claim child benefit..do you have any reference.. site ect i can look up tks   

No, (unless there has been a recent change) there is some wording about if you are supporting the child eg sending more than the child benefit, you may be able to claim.

So I put the claim in, start of 2008, NO! child not resident in the UK (I was), not in the EU.

Did more than 10 years whilst working in the UK paying NI, whilst if the child was in the EU yes they would get it. It's just some of the treaty rights, that worked better for other member countries citizens, that our politicians signed upto ????

Edited by UKresonant
On 2/10/2020 at 2:58 PM, UKresonant said:

No, (unless there has been a recent change) there is some wording about if you are supporting the child eg sending more than the child benefit, you may be able to claim.

So I put the claim in, start of 2008, NO! child not resident in the UK (I was), not in the EU.

Did more than 10 years whilst working in the UK paying NI, whilst if the child was in the EU yes they would get it. It's just some of the treaty rights, that worked better for other member countries citizens, that our politicians signed upto ????

thanks mate 

Maybe I'm just being dumb here.

But us the OP really suggesting that a child resident, even though a UK citizen, should entitle him to claim benefits from the Government while living overseas?

If so, it's this kind of thinking, and obvious example, that always plays in to the US populations general skepticism of a universal welfare state, since it breeds this mindset of entitlement. 

• Like 1