Marrage&divorce Damage Control!

REGGIE

HI CAMPERS

SOME ADVICE ON MARRAGE 2ND TIME AROUND FROM A TAX VIEW.

1-MORRAGE YOUR HOUSE TO MAX.PAY INTERST ONLY.

2-LEASE YOUR CAR.

3-TAKE ALL ASSETS PUT OFF SHORE # SWISS BANK.

4-LET HER TRY TO CLEAN YOU NOW.

5-IT WORKS I DID IT.

:o

Wouldn't it be easier all round, and more rational, to be careful about whom you choose to marry? Don't marry someone until you know them, and their friends and family, well enough to be certain that you fully understand and trust them. Otherwise, get yourself a housekeeper and pay for sex when you need it -- you would get most of the benefits and at least you would understand all the costs.

Maybe the second marriage fails for the same reasons that the first marriage fails -- but quicker because you are older and wiser. I got married just a few years ago for the first time -- at the age of 57 -- my wife was introduced to me by Thai friends, one of whom went to university with her, and it was around 12 months before we started living together and then got married a couple of months later. She has half our assets in her name, and I would trust her with my life. Mind you, I almost made what would have been a disastrous marriage with another Thai girl about 20 years ago. I guess I have been fortunate.

Anyone that goes into marriage thinking about the divorce settlement should be thinking about what the h3ll he's doing getting married.

I am on my third marriage - not my wish either time for divorce, but they happened. Working abroad for many years, wife accompanying me for some of the time, then getting settled back in Blighty, things drift .......

First time I had made no preparations, wife took everything.

Second time, being married in an Arab country, we had to draw up a contract similar to a prenuptial agreement. When that divorce came around the courts in UK ignored it completely, decided that as I had worked abroad for many years, I must have untold millions hidden away that they couldn't touch.So wife got everything (nearly - hung on to house, but had to re-mortgage for almost full value).

Now in Thailand, still working overseas, buying a house, looking after wife and daughter, happy. Not anticipating any divorce and no butterfly activity worth mentioning. But the Thai laws have forced me to buy the house through a company set up overseas, as a partner to the Thai partners that form the holding company owning the house (if you see what I mean). Thus there is a sort of 'prenup' in place, even though it is a couple of years after the event. But not by premeditation at the time of marriage.

(Am I rambling?)

Marriage/prenuptial agreement should be seen as practical way of making sure both parties are in with good intention. Handy way to exclude financial gains outside the relationship. There's no more to it. Denying to sign would raise question of the motive to marry, unlikely to be love 'til death do us apart in that case. It works in most European countries as well.

I would say anybody marrying without one should have their "computer" rewired.

Don't marry someone until you know them, and their friends and family, well enough to be certain that you fully understand and trust them.

Very good advice, Wamberal.

Not easy to follow though.

Heart has reasons that the reason does not understand,...

SOME ADVICE ON MARRAGE 2ND TIME AROUND FROM A TAX VIEW.

1-MORRAGE YOUR HOUSE TO MAX.PAY INTERST ONLY.

2-LEASE YOUR CAR.

3-TAKE ALL ASSETS PUT OFF SHORE # SWISS BANK.

4-LET HER TRY TO CLEAN YOU NOW.

5-IT WORKS I DID IT.

So, it's true about Scotsmen being paranoid with their money! :o

Back to the subject of the thread.

The old adage regarding a lawyer thinking of the divorce during the marriage ceremony, while somewhat insigtful, is inaccurate. A good one is thinking about the divorce before the marriage.

If the pre-nuptial agreement is approached with the intended in a positive light, it goes down fairly easily.

It should be stressed, that the intent of the agreement is to ensure that in the "rare chance" that the agreeing party (usually the wife to be) tires of the husband and "sends him away" that the husband still wants to assure her that he still will love her forever and want to provide for her after divorce through the agreement.

Then include in the agreement everthing she would get anyway, including some alimony. After all, the true objective of a pre-nup is to protect pre-marriage assets. If the pre-nup includes sufficient "consideration" ie. benefit to wife not previously had, the agreement is thereby legally sufficient.

Don't marry someone until you know them, and their friends and family, well enough to be certain that you fully understand and trust them.

Very good advice, Wamberal.

Not easy to follow though.

Heart has reasons that the reason does not understand,...

Good advice, but not easy to follow....

The main problem is TIME....

How many years will it take by your opinion, until you will FULLY understand and trust all her friends and all her family?

10 years, 20 years, 30 years or even longer?

I think, such an advice is worthless...

Any better ideas?

Johann

As Maerim says - forget bout pre-nup if you are likely to arrive in a UK Divorce Court. It just doesn't come into consideration.

Keep assets tied up with a company, or several, with external share-holders (brothers, sisters, cousins, etc., that are 'sleeping' partners). Then sleep with the opposition.