How To Teach My Girlfriend Riding A Motorbike?

vertigo4u

How old is she? Is she Thai or western? Does she have any idea of traffic laws in the first place?

Start with teaching her why you drive safely and what the rules are before even getting on the bike.

Assuming she is thai. Is there such a thing as a thai highway code? If there is start her off with studying that. Then take her out & test her on the meaning of different traffic signals & senarios. Once you feel she understands these things, then let her drive around a quiet area, like a car park for an hour or so for a week, then start off with small trips to the local shop etc. Once her confidence has increased then, like everyone else she can start to branch out a bit.

I would avoid going as pillion for a while though as for new riders it is hard to get the balance right alone at first. Also make sure she wears a coat & long trousers & boots at least during lessons. Itis guaranteed she will take a spill & it HURTS if not protected well :o

1st rule of motorbike riding: Everyone else on the road is a moron & wants to kill you.

2nd rule: Never forget rule one

Sorry, I don't remember if your location is stated. There is a Honda school of bike riding in Samut Prakan if that is close to you. I am astonished that she can't already ride one, I rather thought that all Thai people could ride from age 7 ish. I am judging by the age of the kids on our Soi though :o

Better to pay Taxi

The amount of women sporting unsightly scars or worse is terrifying.

Sorry, I don't remember if your location is stated. There is a Honda school of bike riding in Samut Prakan if that is close to you. I am astonished that she can't already ride one, I rather thought that all Thai people could ride from age 7 ish. I am judging by the age of the kids on our Soi though :o