another weird day with 3BB

zoza

After a quiet few months with 3BB I tried last week to pay my monthly bill it came up ''only 0.59 baht can be made for payment '' I have rang both 3BB and Kasikorn and like last time both denied any change in payment methods....

I will try 3BB today as I have been told by one lady that I might of paid to much? but after paying the 0.59 baht, I got the

same message again....it turned out last time KK  had set the scheduled payment form out with  '' I D number'' so I put

my passport number ? after a few weeks I found that they really wanted my 3BB Customer or Account number …..

I only discovered this error by going through my old paper bills and noticed that my account number fitted the space.

it seems these little thorns are there to keep us alert and makes sure we do not relax to much and nod off. 

but if anyone has any helpful or funny clues feel free to Enlighten me.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why aren't you using the 3BB phone app, and your Bank phone app to generate and pay the bill?

3BB phone app gives you a QR code for your bank app, no need to type in any numbers at all.

when I have a few days I will have a look? do I need a QR code reader?

as my phone is just a Samsung J2 Android, and obviously not into all the

smart phone's, but better than most who are my age....  

Just now, zoza said:

when I have a few days I will have a look? do I need a QR code reader?

as my phone is just a Samsung J2 Android, and obviously not into all the

smart phone's, but better than most who are my age....  

Bank app reads QR and Bar codes using your phones camera.

I have a 3bb account setup on my kasikorn internet banking, I would log in and enter an regular amount, that I had written a note of, and send the payment.

About 2 months ago I tried as usual and was refused, I called 3bb who told me they have changed their “code” - I was to delete the payment channel and then search for 3bb and create a new channel, I did so, now when I go to pay, it will tell me how much I owe rather than entering my own figure (this is the way the cellphone providers work too). It’s a much better way.

This may be the issue.

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why aren't you using the 3BB phone app, and your Bank phone app to generate and pay the bill?

3BB phone app gives you a QR code for your bank app, no need to type in any numbers at all.

@BritManToo: Thanks for this info. I had the 3BB app installed but didn't realise it had this feature.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, BritManToo said:

Bank app reads QR and Bar codes using your phones camera.

has any of you Tech savvy lads got any info on this?

when I was in Kasikorn they asked me to login to my Bank account this would of been seen by at least 7 people, as she swiveled the screen around and anyone would of been able to copy/memorise these details.

I refused to let all these

strangers have access to my account id and password (there was five customers standing behind me and my wife who would of clearly seenboth) and I know that on most things they do use a OTP but I am a bit

cautious when it comes to passwords and bank details. I have been with kasikorn for about six years and never had anything like this before.

also I have heard several tales of money going missing from Thai Banks and that there is no guarantee of it being reimbursed.  

Edited by zoza