Banthai Condo On Nimmanhemin Rd.

ginnyten

Can anyone supply me with information for the Banthai Condos located on Nimmanhemin Road? A friend just booked this for me for a month. Another friend will be staying there also for 2 months. Apparently this condo is so new that there is no web site for it yet. I do not even have an address for it. So any info at all would be greatly appreciated. I will be expatting from the USA and arrive April 26. This will be my fourth trip to Chiangmai in less than 2 yrs. I like this area and look forward to living there. Kop Kuhn Ka!!

Ginny,

Baan Thai is on Soi 6, just west of Nimmanhemin. It has a pool. I have a friend that just started renting there recently. He says it's a pretty standard room, about 40 sq meters with no kitchen facilities. Supposedly all rooms are identical.

I had no idea BaanThai was a condo. I thought it was a rental building. Learn something new everyday.

Most condos in CM have no website. Some have a website during the pre-construction and construction phases when the sponsor/developer is trying to sell units. After that, there's no need for a website.

HTH.

Ginny,

Baan Thai is on Soi 6, just west of Nimmanhemin. It has a pool. I have a friend that just started renting there recently. He says it's a pretty standard room, about 40 sq meters with no kitchen facilities. Supposedly all rooms are identical.

I had no idea BaanThai was a condo. I thought it was a rental building. Learn something new everyday.

Most condos in CM have no website. Some have a website during the pre-construction and construction phases when the sponsor/developer is trying to sell units. After that, there's no need for a website.

HTH.

Thanks for the info. I believe these apts. (condos) usually rent for a minimum of 3 months; thus we are paying a large deposit. Also we are told that we must supply our own linens and pillows. This seems strange. Oh well...mai pen rai. Do youknow if we are close by to shops and restaurants? Would be nice to have a restaurant on the premises. But a pool is a big plus.

SoloFlyer, i think you're referring to Doi View apartments (btw the food at the kareoke is great and a nice place for a romantic date!)

BaanThai rooms are very standard and when i checked a couple of rooms out a few months back they were already starting to look worn. There were two blocks however and seemed to be managed by different staff (not sure if the rooms were different in each block).

On the plus side it was reasonably price: 5000 bhat and was only a minimum of 2 months required (not the standard 3). I like the location as well. Can walk to all the shops and bars on and around Nimmanhemin