Thanathorn must take responsibility for his predicament: Chuwit

webfact

5 minutes ago, seajae said:

shows how screwed up thai politics is when you have a criminal able to get voted into politics, this man is a cretin. Who really gives a damn what this pathetic idiot says, he is another that is solely interested in money, graft & corruption was his mainstay just like the current govt. 

May I suggest that you put the term "a criminal" into the plural as there are plenty of them in the Thai Parliament, though not all have yet been found guilty of anything!

Chuwit is desperate to be loved by certain institutions, and to be considered a real businessman instead of a merely another purveyor of sexual services and denizen of the seedy depths of Bangkok.

This alone makes his opinion of dubious worth. I don't have any feelings about Thanathorn one way or another but I do have feelings about Prayuth and on the basis of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', Thanathorn, rather than Prayuth (or Chuwit) would be likely to get my support - for what that's worth.

My advice to Mr Chuwit is that most people already know who and what he is and already know how much weight to give his opinions.. If you have nothing of any use to say, then it's best to remain silent.

Edited by ParkerN

The Chinese Thais have the ability to keep the real Thais restrained up to a point......but once that point is reached things could get ugly.  For the average Thai living hand to mouth watching Chinese Thai's in their air conditioned office bark out orders, strutting about lathered in gold,  driving the latest SUV, having the best of everything....it has to  grate!  One day they will say "I am not going to take it anymore."  Then the show will begin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

The Chinese Thais have the ability to keep the real Thais restrained up to a point......but once that point is reached things could get ugly.  For the average Thai living hand to mouth watching Chinese Thai's in their air conditioned office bark out orders, strutting about lathered in gold,  driving the latest SUV, having the best of everything....it has to  grate!  One day they will say "I am not going to take it anymore."  Then the show will begin.

That seems logical, but I fear the cost of fixing it is too high and carries no guarantee.

In a culture like Thailand the power will always be on the side of corruption, because corruption is the only system they understand. Their best hope is the arrival of a brilliant and benevolent dictator. I'm not holding my breath.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanathorn must take responsibility for his predicament: Chuwit

In one sense he is correct, Thanathorn fell into a trap and got burnt!

He was a thorn in the Junta's side and he got removed by using his own money!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

In one sense he is correct, Thanathorn fell into a trap and got burnt!

He was a thorn in the Junta's side and he got removed by using his own money!

He is a billionaire. He can afford very good lawyers, accountants and advisers, and probably has them.

Either they missed two very easy to spot regulations; or decided to risk ignoring them; or he considered himself above such rules as many very rich seem to do.

Whatever - Chuwit is correct. He only has himself to blame.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Thank you, Chuwit. Although your analogy or Thai proverb may seem a little funny. It is well placed. You made your mistakes, claimed them, learned and moved forward. Future Forward would do well to follow your example.

How are they supposed to do that? they have been banned

On 2/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Baerboxer said:

He is a billionaire. He can afford very good lawyers, accountants and advisers, and probably has them.

Either they missed two very easy to spot regulations; or decided to risk ignoring them; or he considered himself above such rules as many very rich seem to do.

Whatever - Chuwit is correct. He only has himself to blame.

Take the junta blinders off.

The verdict is ridiculous.

The Junta is ridiculous.

Those that support or excuse this farce are ridiculous.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Loongharkok said:

Take the junta blinders off.

The verdict is ridiculous.

The Junta is ridiculous.

Those that support or excuse this farce are ridiculous.

spot on, those rules were ridiculous in the first place, not to mention illegal. The whole constitution is illegal. Drafted by criminals that are not behind bars. How long does this charade continue I wonder. It must come to a screeching end sooner or later.

• Like 1

Unless some fool starts paying a daily rate for 'protesters' like in Thaksins day, the average Thai doesn't have the time to 'hit the streets' while trying to feed the family. But, this same fool, could try to trigger the overthrow of the staunchest tradition in Thai history by using kids as dispensable pawns, shedding their blood to throw the country in disarray. All, to satisfy his billionaire ego of never having been denied anything in his life till now. IMO if children die, so should he..