Pie!

phazey

Hi,

I was in Perth a few years ago and had the pleasure of going to a world renowned pie shop. On their menu was a thai green curry pie (which was utterly fantastic!).

I've been thinking what other thai inspired pie fillings are out there - Phad Kapow Pie for example :o

Funny you should mention pies, I was thinking about doing something in the kitchen with durian (when they are riper in a few months) along with mangos. Something along the lines of "Khao niaow ma muang", but with the mango as a purée. Putting this is a pie would be a cleaner way of eating it.

I often find when experimenting with Thai food that I become the focus of the family "Cooking Police", hey look he's putting Ka Mu with khao niaow again - should use khao swuay! Just like taking an aspirin with orange juice - look he drink nam som not nam.

Durian Cheese Cake ?

You can get a green curry chicken pie at the Downunder Sports Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 23 (right side between Sukhumvit and soi Cowboy). Just get there at a normal mean time as might be too dried out or all eaten at other times. Also lamb, beef and port I think.

(And good fish and chips with thin batter - not that cod-fried-in-a-bucket-of-fluffy-beer-batter british style stuff that all the 'best' fish and chipperies in Bangkok serve)