Hua Hin Scam

rikard t

Hi. I may have been scammed just now in hua hin. Long story story short:

Farang German on a motorbike Stolen bag rebook ticket etc oscar worthy performance back story adds up. Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Awaiting more potential victims. Hopefully its not a scam and in that case let this serve as a varning, it could well very well have been a scam. Please help other people in need but do it in a way that is foolproof for you.

I am more then a little bit gullible i am aware of that. Still it was a very believable performance, in hindsight maybe a bit TOO beliavable. and i did get to see the transfer being done. I will update later today SEPA transfers should be within the day. I have his driving license photo, thats pretty much it.

You are a good man.  Probably a scam as it seems like travel insurance should cover exactly this type of incident.   You'll know for certain in a couple of weeks if you haven't heard back.   Thanks for the warning.  Good luck, and hope you don't  let this go changing your caring nature.

• Like 1

Thank you for the warning.

But the biggest scammers are those with who one needs to enter in any business dealings.

Mainly the real estate developpers who are the biggest cheats in Hua Hin and that will be all honey and nice until they get your money.... like many other places obviously....nothing new unfortunately.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rikard t said:

I am more then a little bit gullible i am aware of that. Still it was a very believable performance, in hindsight maybe a bit TOO beliavable. and i did get to see the transfer being done. I will update later today SEPA transfers should be within the day. I have his driving license photo, thats pretty much it.

I have a way you can make it all back and more.

Hit me up by dm.

54 minutes ago, rikard t said:

Very stupid

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, rikard t said:

he did it from his phone ..yes but having someones bank account number doesnt hurt me in any way that i can think of?

my login credentials is not compromised nor does he have acess to my passport nr or driving license.

His phone? He might be cleaning u out right now

• Like 1

Scam.  This same thing happened to my husband and I in, Hoi An last year.  The guy tried to talk us up....guessed we were from somewhere and he was wrong. Tried to find things he had in common with us.  Gave us a sob story.  We had heard about this scam before we were approached.  But, he was also blatantly off.  I imagine a lot of these people are very good actors.  Beware:( 

• Thanks 1

A post containing a photo of an I.D. has been removed as well as a reply.

Criminal defamation laws in this country are extremely harsh, and even if what you say about someone can be proven to be true, you can still lose and go to jail. They do not have to show that it is false, purely that such publication caused them personal suffering. Crazy as it sounds, that is how it is.

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel. Any such posts will be removed and the poster may face an immediate ban.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rikard t said:

Please help other people in need but do it in a way that is foolproof for you.

I learnt a long time ago that it is ok to say NO !

The guilt doesn't last long, sorry mate, have financial troubles of my own at the moment, wish I could help, in other words, you are not my problem, I could help you, but I am not going to, why because there is a 99.9% chance that I will not get my money back, I will feel good for helping you, but then when you don't pay me back, I will feel duped, so when I say NO, it's full proof.

There are many many many many other ways people farangs can get money, friends, relatives, etc, etc, etc, he wasn't your problem, suck it in, learn from your experience and harden up or continue to be walked over, always, always, always say NO, it's your security check.

You can't save the world and I hope you get your money back but sounds like you have more chances on backing a horse that would probably lose anyways.

• Thanks 1

thank you, i understand that is the law. Posters here are doing a great job adding insult to injury as it is, i dont need to also go to jail for defamation????. Somehow i guess my best course of action is forgetting about this ordeal and keep enjoying my vacation. if someone do have any suggestion that would give me a reasonable chance of recouping the money im all ear.

3 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

My thoughts exactly.

OP: you logged to your banking app on his phone and made a transfer to his account? Did I get it correctly?

no he logged in to HIS banking account and made a transfer to me. i gave him cash. in the process i needed to login to my account and copy my account details.