Covid-19 in Chiang Mai: Once bustling tourist area is now deserted

webfact

5 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Now would be a good time to do something about the sidewalks in Nimman. Make a nice walking boulevard with wider side walks before the high season starts again in 2030

Too busy tearing+fixing up loy kroh for the rush of fellas looking for the old isaan "cuties"? and ladyboys.

On 2/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, terminatorchiangmai said:

Now would be a good time to do something about the sidewalks in Nimman. Make a nice walking boulevard with wider side walks before the high season starts again in 2030

Hey, they are on Loi Kroh.  Rip them up, half repair them, and then leave!  ????

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:59 PM, jak2002003 said:

You forgot about the toxic polluted air and a lot of taxi / songtaew / tuk tuk drivers that overcharge and rip off tourists.  

Tuk tuk drivers along Thapae seem rather desperate nowadays.  Like Anutin, they seem to think all farang are tourists.  They see a farang and immediately go into "hard-sell" mode.  I wink, laugh, and wave my car keys at them.  Same tuk tuk drivers doing the same thing each time I visit the area.  No doubt all farangs look the alike.  You'd think they'd get tired of me grinning and waving my keys at them each time they start the old, "Where you go..." :laugh:

On 2/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, kelboy said:

Also has nothing to do with no drinking alcohol in the afternoon and the bars close at midnight and everything is to expensive. So all I can say is you brought it on yourselves. 

But maybe Chiang Mai just doesn't want the types of tourists who are drunk at 11AM? 

Without being sarcastic, is it expensive here?  I haven't noticed after being here for a few years .. but, we moved up from Bangkok so maybe its just a difference view.  

20 hours ago, connda said:

You'd think they'd get tired of me grinning and waving my keys at them each time they start the old, "Where you go..

Oh you will know when you hear him say..look him  falang laugh me every day and 5 pairs of feet start stomping

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Oh you will know when you hear him say..look him  falang laugh me every day and 5 pairs of feet start stomping

Never happen.

Just a Beta male syndrome.

I bet you don't honk your horn and Thai men because your wife told you not too. "Thai man may have gub".

On 2/26/2020 at 9:54 PM, kelboy said:

Also has nothing to do with no drinking alcohol in the afternoon and the bars close at midnight and everything is to expensive. So all I can say is you brought it on yourselves. 

Indeed. Self inflicted by the city authorities that have created an entertainment desert, and spent zero on maintenance, while allowing the traffic to become impossible.

That'll serve them right for concentrating on one demographic of tourist and forgetting about farangs.

That sound is of the chooks flying home to roost.