Agent Cancelling WP + Visa - Border Run

Hi there,

My agent has suggested they will cancel my wp and non b visa.

What is the most straight forward, and second to that, cost effective border run please?

Are there other consulates anyone has experienced to be hassle free, securing a METV to return, after having worked in Thailand on a WP and non-b visa? 

Will I get questioned, as in, are you not coming back to work!? and then be refused a visa. What's the best thing to do here please?

British national with a degree with less than 5 visits to Thailand and only a handful of border runs in the last 10 years.  

Looking to come back and find another teaching position.

Thank you for your help,

You need to formally cancel your extension at immigration. If you go to immigration a few days before the termination date show on a letter from your employer they will post date the cancelation to that day.

You can only apply for a multiple entry tourist visa in your home country or country of legal residence.

You could apply for a single entry tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to formally cancel your extension at immigration. If you go to immigration a few days before the termination date show on a letter from your employer they will post date the cancelation to that day.

You can only apply for a multiple entry tourist visa in your home country or country of legal residence.

You could apply for a single entry tourist visa at a nearby embassy or consulate.

Hi there, I don't understand, what's the 'extension'? 

Is having worked here and then going to a thai consulate in a neighbouring country going to be an issue getting a tourist visa to come back into the country?