Don Mueang Airport ramps up virus controls

webfact

Don Mueang Airport ramps up virus controls

By The Nation

800_ec829a43bf757aa.jpg?v=1582787777

Passengers arriving at Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport from all countries and territories where Covid-19 has taken hold are now being separated for screening in an isolated area.

Their aircraft are directed to Pier 6, which is separate from international passenger Terminal 1, and on disembarking they undergo a thermal scan and other tests with a medical team.

Passengers on all flights docking at Terminal 1 still have to pass through thermal scanners near Piers 2 and 3.

Anyone showing a high temperature is double-checked and asked where they’ve been and whether they have respiratory issues.

Airport cleaners are pouring on the disinfectant in washrooms and elevators and on luggage trolleys, counters, moving walkways, handrails and other high-contact surfaces in both terminals, and there are sanitising points for washing hands.

Everyone working at the airport has been asked to maintain high person hygiene and wear face masks and gloves while on duty.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382939

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-27

Heat scan is only good after the 14 day incubation. An infected person who is within the 14 day incubation period will not show any signs of infection. Which makes for a pandemic a real possibility. When I think of how many places I've been and people I've been in contact with in the last 14 days the numbers a staggering.

By the way, I flew through Beijing on the way to Thailand. I am past the 14 day mark now from my china flight so i should be a-ok. 95% of the people were wearing masks at Beijing's international airport. Several check points in the terminal flying in and out had detection stations. That airport was very very empty.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone got a recent flight (Nok Air) from Don Mueang as we have booked to Udon Thani, and I am wondering if I should print boarding pass

as we are traveling with only hand luggage, some have said the airport is

empty, just need a heads up if busy.