My Tot Dsl Sucks

dave111223

I have TOT DSL (in Bangkok) and lately the speed is so unbelievable slow, it takes literally a minute or so to load any page.

I have the 256kbps, the wife and I went to the TOT office to upgrade to 1mbps but they warned us that speed may not actually be any faster, something about the lines being bad in our area (Ratchada) and they would check the line to see if our speed would be improved by an upgrade. I've yet to hear back.

A week or so ago the DSL was down completed for a couple of days, so i bought a dial up package, and to my shock it seemed like a T1 compared to my DSL.

When i do a speed test on a Thai speed test server i do get about 250kbps with my DSL, but to any speed tests in the US i get around 25kbps (surely this is not considered "acceptable"?) Even on the dial up to the US i get around 40kbps.

We tried signing up with True but they do not have any lines availabe in our area at the moment, so we have to get on a waiting list (i guess until someone in the area cancels)

But i am still concerns as to sign up for True it will cost me 2,000 baht to cancel TOT contract, and then 3,000 to get setup with True, plus signing a 1 year contract with them.

So it could cost me 3,000 + 2,000 + 1year of payments, and then find out that True sucks too.

Any ideas, advise?

Seems like my only option is to sit on the True waiting list and pray that they aren't as slow when i do get setup.

sounds terrible...

how about CAT, I hear they have some 3G trials & if you are in BKK they might just be around somewhere. Supposed to be like a 1024 connection - and I am sure not many subscribers so speeds should definitely be good.

if TOT themselves admit that speeds in your area are bad then they might have some technical problems there and it could take quite a while to resolve.

Edit: Never mind, looks like CAT is not in BKK...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...p;#entry1227304

Edited by nikster

I have TOT DSL (in Bangkok) and lately the speed is so unbelievable slow, it takes literally a minute or so to load any page.

Any improvement yet ?

Some people here in TV say they have seen it improve today.

My TOT ADSL is still slow slow slow no improvement here. :o