Free masks being distributed to people

snoop1130

Free masks being distributed to people

By THE NATION

800_66bf92861b66cd8.jpg

Public Health Ministry officials distributed medical masks to people free of charge on the first day of the free mask campaign today (March 2). The campaign will go on until March 6.

A total 1.4 million masks have been provided by the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation, with around 200,000 for distribution during the first two days.

Those who want the masks can receive them at the ministry in Nonthaburi. 

Each person will get one pack consisting of three masks.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383169

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-02
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

No ! three !!:crazy:

Each person will get one pack consisting of three masks. "

Haha.  Whoever goes there for a mask is the definition of dumb.  Spend time and money traveling to Nonthaburi to get ฿10 worth of masks.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I’m gonna drive to Nonthaburi, a 2 hour round trip for a free mask?

ONE free mask

Fixed it for you.

Wife finally found masks today so we can keep the MRT happy. We'll use the same mask for ten days and store the rest. Idiots.

50/800b absolutely fkuving criminal.

It is impossible to find alcohol in any pharmacy in central Bangkok. One had tiny b7 bottles for b15. Criminals.

This country will never become first world. Too many thieves, tricksters, hucksters and mafia.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Meanwhile that damned foreigner the US Surgeon General has posted a tweet on the subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/surgeon_general/status/1233725785283932160

I saw this which made me laugh because it's in absolute contradiction of the policy here.

Today on MRT loudspeaker changed again. Please wear If you are sick. But the sheep are so frightened, everyone rushing for their silly mask to hide behind. The women are no longer pretty, there's a pall cast on the trip to and from work. So many little sheep, stressed and frightened.

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

ONE free mask

Fixed it for you.

Wife finally found masks today so we can keep the MRT happy. We'll use the same mask for ten days and store the rest. Idiots.

50/800b absolutely fkuving criminal.

It is impossible to find alcohol in any pharmacy in central Bangkok. One had tiny b7 bottles for b15. Criminals.

This country will never become first world. Too many thieves, tricksters, hucksters and mafia.

I haven’t been able to find masks around Phra Khanong either.  Every pharmacy has a sign up saying “no masks”.  I thought I read something about 7-11 starting to carry them but...nope...mai mee.

A feel good gesture that maybe makes the few that get masks feel better for a while. 

Large well connected firms and industries in will get subsidies.(the rich stay or get richer) the poor might get a few handouts (but the poor will stay poor and some middle class will join them at the bottom of society). 

Covid-19 is beyond containment thanks to the Chinese getting off to a slow start in fighting this epidemic (jail the doctors that first reported it)

All the BS the government tried to hide the spread of Covid-19 was for nothing. Tourism is collapsing worldwide.

The weak and elderly will be culled by Covid-19

and then life goes on

59 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This thread might help you in so far as alcohol-based hand gels are concerned.

My wife, meanwhile, was able to buy a regular blue-colored bottle of 70% ethyl alcohol the other day from the big private pharmacy near OnNut BTS.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Wash u hands just with water and soap and not to often. Don’t use these special hand wash lotions u will be more vulnerable! Is what they say abroad..

Alcohol-based hand gels are perfectly fine. So is a brisk and sustained washing with regular soap and water. Both only help the cause, not hurt it.

I'm not sure if re "special hand wash lotions," you're referring to the wide variety of so-called anti-bacterial products. Those are no better than regular soap and water in this case, because the CV is a VIRUS, not a bacteria.

55 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I haven’t been able to find masks around Phra Khanong either.  Every pharmacy has a sign up saying “no masks”.  I thought I read something about 7-11 starting to carry them but...nope...mai mee.

I saw that promised 7/11 distribution in a news report here the other day also. Believe it was supposed to start this week/today/Monday.  But after that report, have seen/heard nothing further about it.

From Saturday:

You can now buy only one four-piece packet of facemasks per day, the Department of Internal Trade has decided, in a bid to maintain an adequate supply.

Director general Whichai Pochanakij said on Friday (February 28) he had discussed the matter with executives of CP All, which operates 7-Eleven stores, about limiting sales at all 11,800 outlets.

“Sales have been limited to one pack per person per day to prevent multiple purchases,” he said. The department asked Blue Flag shops to impose the same restriction.

“We’re making them more accessible by hastening their distribution through convenience stores, Blue Flags, Mini Big C and Lotus Express, covering around 14,000 outlets in total,” Whichai said.

"Hastening their distribution" to when exactly???

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Here's the original Reuters report from Feb. 26:

https://www.jpost.com/International/Tom-Cruise-under-quarantine-Mission-Impossible-Italy-shoot-delayed-618712

It sounds more like he's simply holed up there voluntarily and because shooting on his film has been delayed vs. having become the subject of any kind of government quarantine.

The studio said it was allowing the rest of the film crew to return home during the delay and that it would "continue to monitor this situation" in Italy.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK