Krabi aims to woo more tourists from Europe as visitor arrivals dwindle

snoop1130

Guys from countries like Norwayland, London & Europe don’t have pot to <deleted> in or a window to throw it out of. 

Target the Middle East, you have guys renting entire hotels just for himself and entourage. Every Krabi town needs a walking street where only Arab on Thai relations is accepted! 

Thailand need to target the oil monies !

• Haha 2

Once again it's a .....good luck with that one.i know of a few farang that are thinking of riding out the virus in their home countries as Thailand is a <deleted> poor place to be in to be ill in or raped by the hospitals for treatment.

i think they should just man up and face the facts that there will be no tourism for the foreseeable future and it won't come back like switching a light on.no one will be wanting to visit a 3rd world country while there's a deadly pandemic.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AlexJohanson said:

Guys from countries like Norwayland, London & Europe don’t have pot to <deleted> in or a window to throw it out of. 

Target the Middle East, you have guys renting entire hotels just for himself and entourage. Every Krabi town needs a walking street where only Arab on Thai relations is accepted! 

Thailand need to target the oil monies !

You are exaggerating somewhat. From what I've been told the middle eastern guys aren't too popular with Thais, they have a sort of Indian status but with more money.

10 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Start by devaluing the precious Baht.  Overpriced now for two years.  They saddled up with China—but the horse died.

Why should they? Maybe you should take it up with the central bank that issues your home currency. 

I'm sure they'll raise interest rates and stop weakening it if you ask them nicely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

You are exaggerating somewhat. From what I've been told the middle eastern guys aren't too popular with Thais, they have a sort of Indian status but with more money.

Where do people get this notion that every group (except farangs, of course) is barely tolerated.

Does their current behaviour towards us - government or population at large - lend any credence to that delusion? 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:43 AM, ChipButty said:

That will look good a bunch of Romanian gypsy's roaming the streets selling pegs and flowers and shoplifting

Soi 6 , in pattaya , a perfect location for Romanian traders .

Make brits , feel at home ..

21 hours ago, elliss said:

21 hours ago, elliss said:

I think the wooing days are finish what can they woo disgusting immigration or maybe they are sending the immigration on a polite course learn manners and how to learn to speak to people in a nice way and .maybe they can learn to say welcome to thailand with a smile but there again I would not hold my breath 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:13 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I once met a guy from Liechtenstein. He was probably the only one in Pattaya.

So a market with potential for the rest of Thailand :smile:

One guy with Montenegrin passport will not be welcome :whistling:

One with a Serbian passport will be welcome ... by me anyway.

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:05 PM, AlexJohanson said:

countries like Norwayland, London & Europe

Unless I was taught incorrectly, there are no countries known as Norwayland or Europe.  What has me really worried is that I was born in Fulham, London but never had a passport from the country of London, or did I not live in the country of London because if such a place exists I would like to visit to see if it is different from my birth place.

'nuf sed

On 3/3/2020 at 6:17 AM, snoop1130 said:

Romania

Many Romanians live in other EU countries and are creating a nuisance of themselves because of their thievery and begging.  If they are let loose in Thailand they may become competition for the Thai beggars.

'nuf sed.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:54 AM, Deli said:

Albania, Romania ? Really BIG spenders there...  Can't stop laughing.

I thought the same thing...so I looked up their minimum wages.

Albania:        €211/month

Montenegro: €331/month

Romania:      €446/month

Serbia:         €344/month

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:51 PM, Buddha Pist said:

Oh get over it.
What is it with you people that you need constant reassurance that you're the apple of Thailand's eye? 
How - exactly - did they "diss" European markets?
Did they forbid us from visiting Thailand?
Did they revoke the 30-day visa exempt entries we've enjoyed for years?

Thailand went after Chinese and Indians in order to develop markets for the future.
What in God's name is wrong with that? 
Should they have waited until  actually becomes worth something again?

Stop whining and get on with your life because sooner or later, the "Golden Goose" will be back stronger than ever. 
Seems to me that COVID-19 is going to run a lot hotter in Europe than it has in China.