Bloomberg bows out of presidential contest but his money will stay

webfact

8 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well thats certainly proven true for dems. For repubs no.

You think Bloomberg is going to stop spending money to elect the candidate he chooses and thwart the opponent? It's gonna be like what the Russians spent times 100. I'm not saying it's illegal or anything, but it does show our democracy to be a sham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

Soooooo.... Michael Bloomberg spent $500,000,000 to run for president and couldn't even last more than a few months. But in 2016, Russian trolls, spending at best a few hundred thousand dollars, changed the outcome of the US presidential election? Can a smart Democrat explain how such a thing happens?

Russians spending $1 to that effect is a matter of urgent concern.

Or have you given up on US sovereignty already?!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Russians spending $1 to that effect is a matter of urgent concern.

Or have you given up on US sovereignty already?!

No. A Russian spending a dollar to that effect is not a matter of urgent concern. Really think about what you just posted. I suggest you learn to prioritize. I also notice you don't really address the actual issue posted. So how does a couple hundred grand supposedly spent by Russians in the shadows tilt the election, but half a billion dollars spent by an American in the light of day not yield any tangible results? Do the Russians have super powers? Is Bloomberg just an idiot? Do tell.

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Soooooo.... Michael Bloomberg spent $500,000,000 to run for president and couldn't even last more than a few months. But in 2016, Russian trolls, spending at best a few hundred thousand dollars, changed the outcome of the US presidential election? Can a smart Democrat explain how such a thing happens?

Russia pushed lies on the internet, and the lies were promoted by people who wanted to believe them.  Sean Hannity is one such person.   https://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-conspiracy-russian-intel-fox-news-sean-hannity-1448331

Michael Bloomberg stuck with the truth, which isn't promoted by people like Hannity.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

No. A Russian spending a dollar to that effect is not a matter of urgent concern. Really think about what you just posted. I suggest you learn to prioritize. I also notice you don't really address the actual issue posted. So how does a couple hundred grand supposedly spent by Russians in the shadows tilt the election, but half a billion dollars spent by an American in the light of day not yield any tangible results? Do the Russians have super powers? Is Bloomberg just an idiot? Do tell.

Except it was far more than ‘A couple of hundred grand’

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/24/716374421/fact-check-russian-interference-went-far-beyond-facebook-ads-kushner-described

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK, so less than $200K and whatever a few coders cost in Russia. Wow, that's a game changer. But I think it's a bit odd how this meddling seems only to have started in time for the 2016 election.

And still, how were these omnipotent Russians able to change the course of an election on so little, while your truth-telling Bloomberg couldn't even last more than about three months with $500,000,000? That seems a bit odd to rational people.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, Kelsall said:

Bloomberg is something like 60 times richer than Trump yet was unable to buy the presidency.

I guess the presidency can't be bought.

Bloomberg has reported Trump's net worth as about $2.5 billion over the past few years. So 60 times richer is pretty far off the mark.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

More dishonest tactics. Bloomberg was caught in many lies. Furthermore, your apparent assertion that somehow a couple hundred thousand dollars of Russian lies (which you provide no examples of) outperform half a billion dollars of truth (which is obviously a lie) is silly at best. I would encourage you to take your time and try again, as you've really posted nothing not obviously false or substantive.

Had you bothered to look at the link I provided, you would have read this:

" Deborah Sines, the U.S. federal prosecutor who was previously in charge of Rich's case, told Yahoo News the Russian foreign intelligence service (known as SVR) circulated a "bulletin" designed to look like a real intelligence report that falsely claimed Rich was an FBI informant. The document stated Rich was headed to inform the FBI about crimes involving Hillary Clinton on the night of his death, and was killed by a squad of assassins working for the former secretary of state. In reality, Rich was heading home late at night after a few drinks with colleagues. "

Obviously I did provide examples of Russian lies.  In this case the lies were promoted on Fox News by Sean Hannity, which gave them exposure and credibility that no amount of money could provide.

Regarding "you've really posted nothing not obviously false or substantive"; I have pointed out how your post was false.  Now why don't you try and post something substantive by giving examples of the lies you claim Bloomberg has been caught in.  Make them good lies, something on the order of one of Fox News' most popular pundits promoting an outrageous Russian lie and defamation of a Presidential candidate.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Had you bothered to look at the link I provided, you would have read this:

" Deborah Sines, the U.S. federal prosecutor who was previously in charge of Rich's case, told Yahoo News the Russian foreign intelligence service (known as SVR) circulated a "bulletin" designed to look like a real intelligence report that falsely claimed Rich was an FBI informant. The document stated Rich was headed to inform the FBI about crimes involving Hillary Clinton on the night of his death, and was killed by a squad of assassins working for the former secretary of state. In reality, Rich was heading home late at night after a few drinks with colleagues. "

Obviously I did provide examples of Russian lies.  In this case the lies were promoted on Fox News by Sean Hannity, which gave them exposure and credibility that no amount of money could provide.

Regarding "you've really posted nothing not obviously false or substantive"; I have pointed out how your post was false.  Now why don't you try and post something substantive by giving examples of the lies you claim Bloomberg has been caught in.  Make them good lies, something on the order of one of Fox News' most popular pundits promoting an outrageous Russian lie and defamation of a Presidential candidate.

Just off the top of my head I'd say one of Bloomberg's more glaring lies is that Xi is not a dictator.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Just off the top of my head I'd say one of Bloomberg's more glaring lies is that Xi is not a dictator.

Mike has to tow the CCP line to keep his business in good graces.

• Confused 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, Ricohoc said:

Well, i guess all those predictions on here about all the states that Bloomberg would take from Trump in the general election are now out the window.

Bloomberg not only didn't make it to the general election, but he couldn't even win a STATE in the Democrat primary.  So much for that.

And now the Democrat party is relegated to what they disdain the most -- two old white millionaires.  One lacks mental acuity.  The other lacks love for America.  Good luck.

What predictions were those?

And another keyboard doctor.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What predictions were those?

And another keyboard doctor.

They're all in the thread from over a month ago when Bloomberg entered the race. 

When asked, one poster even provided a list of all the states that Bloomberg would take from Trump.

2 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

They're all in the thread from over a month ago when Bloomberg entered the race. 

When asked, one poster even provided a list of all the states that Bloomberg would take from Trump.

I think that’s the online equivalent of waving a pointed finger in no particular direction.

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think that’s the online equivalent of waving a pointed finger in no particular direction.

earlincalifornia made the claim.

I just searched the forum.  It only took me back six pages to March 2.  earl made a similar claim with a link during that time, but wasn't the post to which I was referring. 

Like I said, over a month ago.  If I knew how to search beyond March 2, I'd find it and post it.

16 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't know when Bloomberg said that, but it could just be a matter of semantics.  Most people regard a dictator as someone who seizes power illegally.  Xi came to power within the established rules of China's Communist party.  He then assumed dictatorial powers and started developing a cult of personality, much like Trump is attempting.

Regardless, I don't think that is a lie that compares to Sean Hannity using his program to promote Russian generated fake news accusing Hillary Clinton of murder.