Sizzlers Restaurant In Thailand

Hi!

I find the salad bar in Sizzlers to be a pretty good deal.

However, the bacon bits seem to have a funny taste/texture to me.

I'm just wondering... is it just my imagination?

Are they "artificial" or "real" bacon bits?

Anyone know the answer to this?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the salad bar and the tuna parsley soup, i know its not supposed to be soup but i eat it like soup.

i think they do something to the salad dressing to make you full, the last time i was there i thought i was going to explode and i only hit the bar twice.

Hi!

I find the salad bar in Sizzlers to be a pretty good deal.

However, the bacon bits seem to have a funny taste/texture to me.

I'm just wondering... is it just my imagination?

Are they "artificial" or "real" bacon bits?

Anyone know the answer to this?

There 100% fake to test if there real or not place a piece on a spoon and squash it with another spoon, if it crumbles its processed junk if it stays in one piece then its the real deal. Got bored one day eating there with the inlaws and tested it out :o

Surely the bacon 'bits' are fake, probably soy bits. The bread is what we call "Texas toast" back in Texas. :o I always get either the mushroom or tuna soup, and one round of the salad bar (usually the corn and peanuts mix, maybe a slice of tang mo) while we wait for the main course. Even though I'm stuffed after that, I get one or two little servings of chocolate pudding. My partner is Thai and gives me the extra toast, but I sometimes don't eat a second piece. Compared to the toast in Texas, it has a bit too much butter and isn't as toasted.

The salad bar in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin has a good selection, almost equalling what I'd find back home.

My annual membership expires in a few weeks; I hope I can get another. As a member, if you buy one main entree and your guest gets one, the less expensive entree is free. Typically we get out of there paying only 350 baht for two people stuffed to the gills and full of Pepsi refills. If you're alone, the membership card gives you a discount of 10% for cash, 5% for credit card purchase.

Surely the bacon 'bits' are fake, probably soy bits. The bread is what we call "Texas toast" back in Texas. :o I always get either the mushroom or tuna soup, and one round of the salad bar (usually the corn and peanuts mix, maybe a slice of tang mo) while we wait for the main course. Even though I'm stuffed after that, I get one or two little servings of chocolate pudding. My partner is Thai and gives me the extra toast, but I sometimes don't eat a second piece. Compared to the toast in Texas, it has a bit too much butter and isn't as toasted.

The salad bar in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin has a good selection, almost equalling what I'd find back home.

My annual membership expires in a few weeks; I hope I can get another. As a member, if you buy one main entree and your guest gets one, the less expensive entree is free. Typically we get out of there paying only 350 baht for two people stuffed to the gills and full of Pepsi refills. If you're alone, the membership card gives you a discount of 10% for cash, 5% for credit card purchase.

Ive never,,, seen a thai eat the bread !

those annual member cards are for sale for a limited time each year, usually March and April

But what was the verdict? Real or fake? You didn't make that clear. I don't mind sizzler I do wonder why they give you that thick slice of bread to go with your dinner. Maybe that is what is filling you up? :o

100% fake Leisurely, please refer to my first three words of the quote. Sorry if i didnt make it clear :D they remind me of what i used to feed our cat.

Wasn't the Sizzler chain shut down and prohibited from operating in Australia because of violating too many health regulations?

It's a poor man's steakhouse but it satisfies a craving for red meat and it doesn't serve buffalo 'steak' like so many other restaurant operations in Thailand. Santa Fe Grill anyone?

One of my grumbles is they don't tenderise the meat properly.

Who doesn't tenderize properly?

Sizzlers or Santa Fe? :o

have dinner at Sizzler's in Pattaya, try the seafood at the salad bar and enjoy exploring your toilet for a couple of days.

Quoted For Thruth <ouch>

Might have something to do with how they keep topping up the salad trays, what happens with the stuff at the bottom...

JD

The quality of the food at the all you can eat salad bar and the presentation is one of the best I have seen in Thailand.

The Lunch Specials with the all you can eat salad bar is one of the best deals for moderate priced restaurants in Thailand.

Also the cleanliness of the restaurants in Thailand that I have been in has been excellent.

It certainly is not the J.W. Marriot Steak House but neither is the price.

My annual membership expires in a few weeks; I hope I can get another.

Sizzler at Central Airport Plaza has the card, but the one at Kaht Suan Geaw doesn't.

This year the card has changed.

Birthday free 299 platter (within 7 days of BD)

18 times * buy 2, get one (buy 2, 3rd free) punchcard

A book of coupons including

6 times * buy one, get one

Still a great deal!

Edited by misterme

My annual membership expires in a few weeks; I hope I can get another.

Sizzler at Central Airport Plaza has the card, but the one at Kaht Suan Geaw doesn't.

This year the card has changed.

Still a great deal!

:D

How much does the card cost? :o

Even though I'm stuffed after that, I get one or two little servings of chocolate pudding. My partner is Thai and gives me the extra toast, but I sometimes don't eat a second piece. Compared to the toast in Texas, it has a bit too much butter and isn't as toasted....

Since my GF gets full after her first trip, I always console myself with her toast – the stuff is good.

By the way, I have noticed that some Sizzlers have a “marinara” sauce on the salad bar, as opposed to that nasty tuna sauce. I think the one on Thong Law does, any one else seen a Sizzler with this – in Bangkok please.

i agree that there's something about sizzler's that makes you feel full right away... hmmm. :o

Hmm... that's usually a sign of too much MSG. BTW: you don't see Sizzler much in the U.S anymore. I can't speak for the whole country but they've all but disappeared in California. Quality just isn't there and too much competition from other trendy bar and grills that taste ohhhh so much better.

i agree that there's something about sizzler's that makes you feel full right away... hmmm. :o

Hmm... that's usually a sign of too much MSG. BTW: you don't see Sizzler much in the U.S anymore. I can't speak for the whole country but they've all but disappeared in California. Quality just isn't there and too much competition from other trendy bar and grills that taste ohhhh so much better.

Sizzler in the US went bankrupt (ch 11) about 10 years ago and shut down many of their restaurants. I dont know how many of the old Sizzlers still exist but they might have been franchisees who just didn't want to change their name.

Sizzler itself no longer exists as such but they have a new corp name and new branded restaurants.

Hmm... that's usually a sign of too much MSG. .......

I'm sensitive to msg and got the usual signs (headache, dryness in mouth, very thirsty) very quickly when eating at sizzlers in HuaHin and MBK.

How much does the card cost? :o

Cost is under 200 baht. You save that on your 1st 2 for 1.

• 2 weeks later...