Sizzlers Restaurant In Thailand

I ate at a Sizzler 2 years ago and seems alive and well by its website

http://sizzler.com/

Beef is better there tho, never been to one here so who am I to say

The worst steak I ever ate in my life was at a Sizzler in Thailand. And the worst overall restaurant I ever ate at in Thailand, for any price, was Sizzler. I will never return again. Sizzler's in other countries seemed to vary from very decent to just average, but nothing as bad as the one's in Thailand. On average, I've found beef served in restaurants in Thailand to be of very poor quality with Sizzler serving the bottom of the barrel. I don't personally see how they stay in business with the kind of food they serve. Guess my taste buds must be quite different than their typical customer's.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"On average, I've found beef served in restaurants in Thailand to be of very poor quality with Sizzler serving the bottom of the barrel."

Beef is indeed bad here in Thailand and it is a shame, nothing good local on the hoof, best is Chokchai but still not good enough. That is the reason you cannot find a good hamburger here, plus the fact that everyone thinks a hamburger should be 3-4" thick

"On average, I've found beef served in restaurants in Thailand to be of very poor quality with Sizzler serving the bottom of the barrel."

Beef is indeed bad here in Thailand and it is a shame, nothing good local on the hoof, best is Chokchai but still not good enough. That is the reason you cannot find a good hamburger here, plus the fact that everyone thinks a hamburger should be 3-4" thick

• 2 weeks later...
have dinner at Sizzler's in Pattaya, try the seafood at the salad bar and enjoy exploring your toilet for a couple of days.

Why specify the seafood?

This place has dropped in quality by the month for the past two or three years. My daughter used to beg for us to go there - now she's approaching ten years old and learning some discrimination - she walks straight past.

Don't like the one in Bang Na Central either.

Maybe the franchise holder is trying to pull out too much money?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

I find the salad bar in Sizzlers to be a pretty good deal.

However, the bacon bits seem to have a funny taste/texture to me.

I'm just wondering... is it just my imagination?

Are they "artificial" or "real" bacon bits?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Even the steaks at sizzler taste artificial... crappy food - can never understand why these places are always busy??

i love sizzlers and think the food is great, when i friends or family over to visit from Australia, sizzlers is always one of the first places i take them and they always seem to be impressed with the quality.

• 2 years later...

Did I miss something? How much is an annual membership card and is it still only issued during certain months of the year?

Surely the bacon 'bits' are fake, probably soy bits. The bread is what we call "Texas toast" back in Texas. :) I always get either the mushroom or tuna soup, and one round of the salad bar (usually the corn and peanuts mix, maybe a slice of tang mo) while we wait for the main course. Even though I'm stuffed after that, I get one or two little servings of chocolate pudding. My partner is Thai and gives me the extra toast, but I sometimes don't eat a second piece. Compared to the toast in Texas, it has a bit too much butter and isn't as toasted.

The salad bar in Chiang Mai and Hua Hin has a good selection, almost equalling what I'd find back home.

My annual membership expires in a few weeks; I hope I can get another. As a member, if you buy one main entree and your guest gets one, the less expensive entree is free. Typically we get out of there paying only 350 baht for two people stuffed to the gills and full of Pepsi refills. If you're alone, the membership card gives you a discount of 10% for cash, 5% for credit card purchase.

those annual member cards are for sale for a limited time each year, usually March and April

I can't believe that there are so many people out there with such poor taste for food. Had to laugh at the comment one poster made about Sizzler being a poor mans steakhouse. That is so true. I can't believe in a place like Thailand where there is absolutely so many real Restuarants offering fantastic food that one would opt for this crap.

Sizzler, NO THANKS, rather lick the Bangkok pavement :)

the worst overall restaurant I ever ate at in Thailand, for any price, was Sizzler. I will never return again.

What a load of sh*t!

Sizzler is far from my favorite place, but the salad bar is a great deal and the Terriyaki Cheeseburgers might be the best in the Kingdom.

There are tons of terrible Thai restaurants trying to do farang food. They are worse than Sizzler any time! :)

Sizzler is far from my favorite place, but the salad bar is a great deal and the Terriyaki Cheeseburgers might be the best in the Kingdom.

There are tons of terrible Thai restaurants trying to do farang food. They are worse than Sizzler any time! :)

I agree with you. Wouldn't exactly call their teriyaki cheeseburgers the best in the Kingdom, but they're not bad. The Spicy Chicken Breast for 169 baht is excellent, though. Or go on Wednesday after 4 pm, they have some combos for 209 baht.

The salads have improved lately.

I have the card but it's useless for me since I'm always eating some promotional meal. Wouldn't bother with their steak, and not inclined to order their 299 baht combo platters. But anything from 169-209 is fine with me, or you can have soup/salad only for 149 baht.

Meh, I think Sizzler is good once in a while. Their salad bar is good, and one of the only ones I've seen here with blue cheese dressing, which I absolutely love. Decent piece of chicken, a baked potato, and soup and salad bar for 200 baht is a pretty good deal.

I always thought that goin' out to eat was about enjoying yerself...not about good value. Never could understand the appeal of places like Sizzler, unless ye got 10 mouths t' feed...

(tutsi palms a 20 to the maitre'd an' sez 'get us a good table by the window...we'll start with the beluga and a bottle of Krug...')

:)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

(sbk is going out to dinner with tutsi from now on..... :))

Went to the Sizzler in Bangkok once, had a burger so dry it made the Burger King burger seem pretty good. For the price, it was definitely not worth it.

Before leaping to assumptions, UG. You might want to remember that I have lived in Thailand for 20 years. I have visited Sizzler more than once. Prior to this, the food was always ok. Pricey for the quality, tho. Having visited that restaurant for a few years, I saw the quality decreasing until I got served what was, essentially, an inedible burger.

That was more than enough lesson for me, thanks.

Well, I think that Sizzler is not all bad, not all good.

Some branches are OK, some are just to be avoided. Some meals are OK, some are not. It is exactly the same with every food chain. I will not drive 100 kms to have a meal there, but if I am invited, or if my family wants to go there, no objection. Obviously this kind of restaurant can not please the "gastronome", but one looking for average food at affordable price, the deal is OK.

I am not a Sizzler fan. The steaks are pretty bad, and the food not that good despite the somewhat high prices.

Sizzler in the US is sort of like a pricey Denny's, but at least it is edible and worth the price.

I almost never go to Thai restaurants in the US as the food is generally pretty bad. So when I am there, I focus on food which I can't find in Thailand. Same here in Thailand. I don't go get American-style food when the quality is not good. I can get a decent rib at the BBQ Sandwich King, so I do get that, and I also like KFC. I can cook many American-style dishes in my tiny kitchen. But for most food, I focus on what is good here: Thai, of course, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Korean, Mexican (Tacos & Salsa), and even shwarma (not great, but OK here.)

Hi!

Real or Artifical DARN GOT ME, I just fill my soup with the stuff, barely notice the taste, just trying to leave room for the JELLO!! :):D yes it is a decent salad bar, the one in our area all you can eat Bt149. :D:D:D:D

(sbk is going out to dinner with tutsi from now on..... :D)

Went to the Sizzler in Bangkok once, had a burger so dry it made the Burger King burger seem pretty good. For the price, it was definitely not worth it.

Yes it is worth, it is 150 percent BETTER in price and quality/quanity then that WIMPY thing at Pizza Hut, aka, Pizza Company, hey Pizza hut/pizza company listen UP :) :huh:Your salad BAR is WIMPY!!

(sbk is going out to dinner with tutsi from now on..... :))

Problem is, there are many Sizzlers in Bangkok! Siam Center, 55 Plaza Thonglor, Major Sukhumvit just to name a few... also, how long ago was it when you last went? Just last year the quality was lousy but it's improved a lot this year.

BTW, Pizza Company is owned by Minor Group, just as Sizzler is - but Pizza Co only has single serve salads for a lot cheaper than the all-you-can-eat at Sizzler.

Just don't bother with the steaks - I have never considered them as a steakhouse in Thailand.

Hi!

Real or Artifical DARN GOT ME, I just fill my soup with the stuff, barely notice the taste, just trying to leave room for the JELLO!! :D:D yes it is a decent salad bar, the one in our area all you can eat Bt149. :D:D:D:D

Jello???...nobody said nothin' about Sizzler havin' Jello...

this development merits serious investigation... :)

(they got real strawberry Jello with fruit cocktail?)

Edited by tutsiwarrior