Overheating! Family escape inferno as their car bursts into flames

webfact

Overheating! Family escape inferno as their car bursts into flames

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Fire and rescue services were called to the Lopburi to Ban Mee Road in central Thailand yesterday evening after an Isuzu van burst into flames. 

The sound of exploding tires could be heard as firemen grappled with the blaze that had ignited surrounding undergrowth. 

Driver and car owner Jaran, 53, said he was on his way home from Bangkok to Nong Muang sub-district with his wife Ramphai, 49 and their 17 year old daughter Natthacha.

He smelled burning coming from the engine compartment and when he stopped and lifted the hood it was on fire. He called to his relatives to get out quick and then endeavored to put out the flames, without success. 

The car was a write-off with 77kaoded suggesting the damage was worth 100,000 baht. 

Overheating in the engine compartment appeared to be to blame, they said. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-09

when i ride around on my motorcycle in Thailand I can really smell the unmaintained cars. Transmissions, engines, brakes, drive train. Each one smells different.

one of my favorite things to do.

the guy at 1:08. "I will just get a little closer."

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Isuzu "van".

Ahhhh, yep...

Its an Izuzu Cameo (I recognized the back of the vehicle but could not put a name to it), they are diesel so that puts my theory in the bin !!

• Like 1

Anybody who smells burning should stop immediately and everybody should immediately leave the vehicle!

A long time ago a friend had that problem with an old car and he told me he was surprised how fast the fire spread through the car ventilation.

2 minutes ago, twizzian said:

A write off with only 100k baht of damage, probably a very old & non maintained vehicle.

That reminds me about my recent email when I made an appointment for my motorcycle inspection (which is still under warranty).

I told them I also want also the brake fluid changed which is optional at that inspection. And I asked for the estimated cost.

The manager who I contacted asked me if I also want additional service like lubricating the chain.

As an answer I sent him the long list from the manual what should be done on that inspection.

It seems he was not familiar with that list.

So much about preventive maintenance... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twizzian said:

A write off with only 100k baht of damage, probably a very old & non maintained vehicle.

Given the state of the vehicle in flames, it would surprise me that there are only 100,000 baht.

overheating!

There are not many indications on an dashboard of an Isuzu but there is the temperature of the cooling water;
so this guy doesn't watch anything at all when he drives

48 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

every month around the full moon i get really crazy and angry. 

Yes i had to stifle the urge to howl at the moon last night. i went for a mental health check in Bangkok,the Doc said i was fine ,' it's not you it's all the others" he said as i left, gesturing at the waiting room,some in straight jackets ,some in corners rocking back and forth,one eating a stuffed toy, i have to say i was most relieved.

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

when i ride around on my motorcycle in Thailand I can really smell the unmaintained cars. Transmissions, engines, brakes, drive train. Each one smells different.

one of my favorite things to do.

the guy at 1:08. "I will just get a little closer."

You can come and sniff my 16 year old Fortuner anytime......????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me about my recent email when I made an appointment for my motorcycle inspection (which is still under warranty).

I told them I also want also the brake fluid changed which is optional at that inspection. And I asked for the estimated cost.

The manager who I contacted asked me if I also want additional service like lubricating the chain.

As an answer I sent him the long list from the manual what should be done on that inspection.

It seems he was not familiar with that list.

So much about preventive maintenance... 

I would have thought my freind you would have done the lube job yourself,what you got there an industrail amount of lube according to your latest figures.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Anybody who smells burning should stop immediately and everybody should immediately leave the vehicle!

A long time ago a friend had that problem with an old car and he told me he was surprised how fast the fire spread through the car ventilation.

Seems as if he forgot to switch off the aircon. Please forward this message to him ????????????