Private Aircraft to Get Mr. Bitey to Kasetsart Univ on Wednesday?

NancyL

6 hours ago, cmsally said:

Don't Thonglor Pet Clinic (Chiang Mai) have the equipment needed. Just a thought as they seem to be the most well equipped.

On the up side it would be easy to get a car hire with driver as they are all crying out for business at the moment.

Checked with Thonglor Chiang Mai.  The vet I talked with on the phone was most helpful.  She agreed that since Mr. Bitey has had five lumps in four years on different parts of his back that CT scan, surgery, radiation and chemo would be the way to go.  They can do all that here except for the radiation and she said Kasatsart Univ would be the best to have all the treatment done at one place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mapguy said:

After the surgery and just before the trip, get Dr. Nok to dope him up to quiet him down so he can stand the travel and hire a van (or car).  It works.

It's beginning to look like this is what's going to happen.  Incidentally, a website called BringFido helped me to find a pet friendly hotel near Kasatsat University.  They want to do the entire procedure there now -- CT scan, surgery, radiation and chemo.  Most of this will be as an outpatient.  I hope we don't get tossed out of the hotel!

One upside is that it's close to Chatuchak market, so I should be able to get some new clothes and toys for Mr. Bitey.

Best of luck Nancy. Quite honestly when you take into consideration that car hire would be door to door and not much waiting time anywhere, it takes only a bit longer than a flight. Just play his favourite music on the journey !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Best of luck Nancy. Quite honestly when you take into consideration that car hire would be door to door and not much waiting time anywhere, it takes only a bit longer than a flight. Just play his favourite music on the journey !

When he's awake, he likes watching CNN -- not listening to it, just watching.  I think it's all the split screenings, changing images, banner on the bottom, etc.  Much motion. 

We don't play much music but there is a Diana Krall CD that he likes.  I'll see if Hubby can load it onto my phone.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, holy cow cm said:

Now that is not nice and there is no need or any concern of yours to be insensitive. Nancy loves the cat and wants to take care of Mr Bitey. Period! Now judging about what I hear from how Mr. Bitey is and judging from your comment, I would gather that Mr. Bitey is far more attractive to live with and be a friend with compared to you.

Dry your hanky Greta.

It is actually just around 7-8 hours to Bangkok by a bit proper driving car. The 12 hours is more for like a bus or train.
My best guess, leaving to airport + wait 1.5 hours, flying 4 hours, landing + taxi 1.5 hours and you are not that far off from driving. Night time with AC should do.

Now tourism is down there is surely some reliable luxury minivan willing to drive you up and down, stay 1-2 nights at around 10K. 

On 3/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, NancyL said:

Thank you, Holy Cow.  Mr. Bitey does have his moments when he lives up to his name, like when you pet him 24 times and wants to be petted exactly 23 times at which point it nips your hand.  But, that's what many cats do, isn't it? 

Here he is looking angelic after his most recent surgery for removal of cancer lump #4.  The doggie tee-shirt (which says "daddy's little sweetheart" on the back) keeps him from pulling at the stitches (much better than a plastic cone around the neck, right?)  and the heat lamp (aka as my desk lamp) keeps him comfortable. 

Daddy's Sweetheart.jpg 

I'm a miserable old man a lot of the time but I do have a fondness for cats,

2 lived with me more 12 years and it was awful when they passed.

I understand your wish to do everything you can for Mr Bitey and hope you find

a way to get him treated, he reminds me of a cat who adopted my parents many

years ago. He was a ginger Tom and also had multiple growths on his back. Once

his illness had gone beyond practical help and had to be put to sleep, it was the 

only time I ever saw my late father cry.

Sorry I can't offer any practical advice, but wish you all the best.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

You realize this is Friday - and she left Wednesday ?

No, it got postponed to next Wednesday, 18 March, so I'm still open to ideas.  This is because the professor at Kasetsart sees patients only on Wednesdays and there wasn't enough time to get things organized for Wednesday this week.  My vet in Chiang Mai, a vet at CMU and the Kasetsart professor were going round-and-round trying to decide if it was best to do surgery here in Chiang Mai, radiation at Kasetsart and chemo at CMU or do everything at Kasartsart.  In the end, they decided it was best to do everything at Kasartsart because they thought it a good idea to do a CT scan prior to surgery and that can only be done at Kasartsart.  Meanwhile the lump is the largest of the five he's had,  Previously, they've come out within 3 - 4 days of discovery.