Do I Marry Her? Visa Advice Needed

This has probably been flogged to death but i'm in need of guidance with regards to getting my pregnant fiancé back to the UK ASAP before she delivers. I’m troubled by horror stories of visa applications and the notorious reputation Pattaya has for being full of get rich visa businesses whose main focus is cash flow. My fiancée is 1 month pregnant, I am 28 she is 24 I have a respectable job and so does she, we plan to marry to aid the flow of visa application. Any previous threads, advice and or guidance on this matter would be greatly received. Oh and what does this all cost?

Edited by pilgrim2505

Marriage will make very little difference. It could show your comitment or from the immigration officers point of view it could be looked at as a way to get a visa for someone.

Obviously the baby will count for alot. The fact that you made a baby together will help and the officer will be aware that you will need to located where you intend to live once the baby comes. It will be very important for you to detail you future palns together with your wife and future child so the case officer is aware of this.

But as the last poster said, your case should be based on love, not a quick marriage to get a visa.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

The cost of a visa application, whether as a fiancée or a spouse is £500.00. However, if you were to marry in Thailand, this would obviate the need to apply to the Home Office to extend the visa post-marriage in the UK, so would save £395.00. The process takes approximately one week unless your wife-to-be is deemed to require an interview, in which case the embassy will give her a date to attend. She can fly until circa 30 weeks pregnant, although different carriers have different rules, so you'll have to check with your intended airline first.

I’m troubled by horror stories of visa applications and the notorious reputation Pattaya has for being full of get rich visa businesses whose main focus is cash flow.

If you are in a rush and are prepared to pay for an agent then ensure you use a registered and reputable company, one that is OISC registered.

You are correct to be troubled by Visa Agents per se, you just shouldn't use one that is not recommended.

Good Luck

Moss

I’m troubled by horror stories of visa applications and the notorious reputation Pattaya has for being full of get rich visa businesses whose main focus is cash flow.

If you are in a rush and are prepared to pay for an agent then ensure you use a registered and reputable company, one that is OISC registered.

You are correct to be troubled by Visa Agents per se, you just shouldn't use one that is not recommended.

Good Luck

Moss

As Moss says I wopuld be worried using an agent. I just used this site and others to get valuable information and put it together myself. thats what this forum is for.

On the point of marrying I did marry my Wife when she was pregnant and I think contrary to what othersd may think, it does show the level of commitment to your relationship, it has to anyone who gets married is insane!

Goodluck and keep the faith. Lop :o

This has probably been flogged to death. Any previous threads, advice and or guidance on this matter would be greatly received. Oh and what does this all cost?

It has..... do a search in this forum on the words 'fiancee' and 'settlement' and you will find all the threads, links and guidance you need.

So I would thank everyone for their valid comments so far they have alleviated some doubt and raised a few more questions respectfully. Ok here goes… firstly I placed this post in the Pattaya section and rightfully so it was moved to the visa bit however; there were questions in that sentence although not obvious, like do other Pattaya residence feel that the woman there suffer with visas applications and if there’s anyway of avoiding this.

“respectfully” employed or not; woman in this area are still Thai residence are they not.?

Second point is I wouldn’t even consider marrying someone if I didn’t LOVE them Duhh…maybe I should have explained that more thoroughly at the beginning. My partner has been my partner for 3 years already and marriage / visa has been on the cards longer than this post has.

And on a reiteration thank you all kindly for your help and encouragement s far, I will endeavour to keep u posted. Fingers crossed!

The visa officer is as equally bound by the immigration rules as the applicant is, so providing that your wife can demonstrate that she meets the requirements, there's no reason why she shouldn't qualify, whether she lives in Pattaya or not.

Scouse.

This has probably been flogged to death but i'm in need of guidance with regards to getting my pregnant fiancé back to the UK ASAP before she delivers. I’m troubled by horror stories of visa applications and the notorious reputation Pattaya has for being full of get rich visa businesses whose main focus is cash flow. My fiancée is 1 month pregnant, I am 28 she is 24 I have a respectable job and so does she, we plan to marry to aid the flow of visa application. Any previous threads, advice and or guidance on this matter would be greatly received. Oh and what does this all cost?

Shame you feel you have to marry to "aid the flow of visa application" . It has been flogged to death as a search will show...and i expect it will be a matter of days until we have yet another poster considering marriage they would not otherwise be considering just so their girlfriend can get a visa. Nice system we have

I hope I can assist, if not already mentioned ,by pointing out to pilgrim 2505 that in view of what he wrote "My partner has been my partner for 3 years already" he is permitted to apply as an unmarried partner if any marriage previously entered into is broken down ; he and his partner been living together for two of those three years and also they have enough money to support and accommodate themselves adequately in the UK .

Trust this is of help.

Shame you feel you have to marry to "aid the flow of visa application" . It has been flogged to death as a search will show...and i expect it will be a matter of days until we have yet another poster considering marriage they would not otherwise be considering just so their girlfriend can get a visa. Nice system we have

It must be extremely hard work for Atlas to contrive to skew every post in an attempt to substantiate his viewpoint.

It is clear that the OP already intended to marry his girlfriend, it being just a question of whether in the UK or Thailand.

On a separate note, yes, the OP's girlfriend may apply for an unmarried partner's visa, but they will have had to have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for the 2 years immediately preceding such an application and whilst the OP continues to live in the UK and his girlfriend in Thailand it is unlikely they will have fulfilled the requirement.

Scouse.

It must be extremely hard work for Atlas to contrive to skew every post in an attempt to substantiate his viewpoint.

It is clear that the OP already intended to marry his girlfriend, it being just a question of whether in the UK or Thailand.

On a separate note, yes, the OP's girlfriend may apply for an unmarried partner's visa, but they will have had to have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage for the 2 years immediately preceding such an application and whilst the OP continues to live in the UK and his girlfriend in Thailand it is unlikely they will have fulfilled the requirement.

Scouse.

I think I must at this point continue to thank each and everyone for their support, guidance and respectful comments to date, I also think it’s important that the posts in general focused on the origin and we attempt to glean as much topical and relevant information so that we can apply as effectively as possible.

On that note atlas…I would like to draw your attention to this updated post I cant quote to well so here I cut n pasted it for your attention.

“Second point is I wouldn’t even consider marrying someone if I didn’t LOVE them Duhh…maybe I should have explained that more thoroughly at the beginning. My partner has been my partner for 3 years already and marriage / visa has been on the cards longer than this post has.”

If you had read on maybe you would have seen that comment. I’m sure its an honest mistake.

This has probably been flogged to death but i'm in need of guidance with regards to getting my pregnant fiancé back to the UK ASAP before she delivers. I'm troubled by horror stories of visa applications and the notorious reputation Pattaya has for being full of get rich visa businesses whose main focus is cash flow. My fiancée is 1 month pregnant, I am 28 she is 24 I have a respectable job and so does she, we plan to marry to aid the flow of visa application. Any previous threads, advice and or guidance on this matter would be greatly received. Oh and what does this all cost?

I went to the embassy when i was about to apply for a fiance visa to ask a few questions, one of them was ,should i use a visa company to do my paperwork for me,because i was told there was more chance of getting it if done this way,. a very nice lady named wendy told me that if i was capable of filling in the forms myself then there should be no need for an agent,. she also assured me that if we were a genuine couple and supplied all the relative paperwork we had no reason for concern, we were and we are ,visa was approved,. there is a lot of scare mongering put about by people and of course there are refusals ( the guy who takes his bar girl to bangkok after knowing her a week wishing to take his souvenier home will be refused !) but if you are genuine they will know and you have no problems, regards,.

I’m sure its an honest mistake.

:o

Sorry Alas I couldn't resist :D

Good Luck

Moss

As you can see Moss from my last post .... actually it WAS an honest mistake, if you can call replying to someone who then completely posts something different a mistake. Glad i keep you amused :D

Scouse.

I must remind you this post was entitled

"DO I MARRY HER?"

so it was not skewed at all by me was it? The guy is asking if he should marry her to get the visa. Of course he subsequently changed his post saying he always intended to. Y

Atlas, as ever, selecting the little snippets which suit his argument, without looking at the broader context.

Scouse.

I think you'll find thats a tactic used by just about everyone to make their point.

Its what the quote facility is there for !!

You use it , so does Mahout , and of course the lovable lamented GU22 (who was perhaps its greatest user) plus hundreds of others.

Atlas, as ever, selecting the little snippets which suit his argument, without looking at the broader context.

Scouse.

I think you'll find thats a tactic used by just about everyone to make their point.

Its what the quote facility is there for !!

You use it , so does Mahout , and of course the lovable lamented GU22 (who was perhaps its greatest user) plus hundreds of others.

Perhaps I should have named it ..

“I’m Intending Marrying My Fiancé Soon, I feel The Time Is fast Approaching, I Do Have A Few Issues About Geography And The Whole Visa Application Process Is There Anyone Willing To Offer Any Advice. Oh And I “Dun” The Stupid Thing Of Impregnating Her.”

maybe thats just silly!!

I Felt the Main post would have lost all momentum if I had. I’m also sure there’s a million and one stories if we look closely between the lines, I could list a few:

• Where do I source the forms from

• How do I get the health cert for the missus

• Is an electoral role necessary

• Is it necessary to circumcise my cat before my wife comes to the UK

The cost of a visa application, whether as a fiancée or a spouse is £500.00. However, if you were to marry in Thailand, this would obviate the need to apply to the Home Office to extend the visa post-marriage in the UK, so would save £395.00. The process takes approximately one week unless your wife-to-be is deemed to require an interview, in which case the embassy will give her a date to attend. She can fly until circa 30 weeks pregnant, although different carriers have different rules, so you'll have to check with your intended airline first.
The visa officer is as equally bound by the immigration rules as the applicant is, so providing that your wife can demonstrate that she meets the requirements, there's no reason why she shouldn't qualify, whether she lives in Pattaya or not.

Scouse.

Scouse this is pure GOLD...

Nail completly on the head, your an extreamly knowledgable bloke and this is the kinda stuff that keeps forums alive in my eyes.

Thank You kindly !!!

Scouse.

More like pure Bronze i would say. The visa officer operates under guidelines which are just that , and they are given considerable latitude in their interpretation of the bundle of documents in any application. You only have to search this forum and you will be swamped with posters saying "we provided the proof but they ignored it "....etc etc.

Now Pilgrim i am not saying she does or doesn't have a good chance , and certainly i agree with Scouse (for once) that her being in Pattaya should be totally irrelevant , although Pattaya does conjure up the wrong image in some people's minds (maybe in the ECO's as well)

The key word here is "demonstrate ". She must demonstrate (to the ECO's interpretation) that she qualifies. So its not good enough that she does qualify, she must also "demonstrate" that she does. Can be trickier than you think depending on the mood of the ECO on the day.

Good luck anyway

Atlas

The visa officer operates under guidelines which are just that , and they are given considerable latitude in their interpretation of the bundle of documents in any application. You only have to search this forum and you will be swamped with posters saying "we provided the proof but they ignored it "....etc etc.

The key word here is "demonstrate ". She must demonstrate (to the ECO's interpretation) that she qualifies. So its not good enough that she does qualify, she must also "demonstrate" that she does. Can be trickier than you think depending on the mood of the ECO on the day.

Alas, we have had many tennis balls on this issue including our own thread regarding the best way forward for burden of proof to be demonstrated, it is my opinion that the ECO must have a certain amount of Leeway in determining cases as they will all be different and have merits all of their own.

If you search this forum you will also see a plentiful supply of posters who have gained visa's sometimes against the odds, those that have failed on occasion have not fulfilled certain criteria and others have also been clearly hard done by, a situation that has garnered no support or justification by those of us who think that an ECO fails an applicant simply because he got out of bed the wrong way.

Of course the applicant must demonstrate they qualify as the burden of proof including the sometimes difficult, 'balance of probabilities of Reason to Return', onus is on the applicant.

But I guess we have both said, both our accounts on numerous occasions before.

Good Luck

Moss

Scouse.

More like pure Bronze i would say. The visa officer operates under guidelines which are just that , and they are given considerable latitude in their interpretation of the bundle of documents in any application. You only have to search this forum and you will be swamped with posters saying "we provided the proof but they ignored it "....etc etc.

Now Pilgrim i am not saying she does or doesn't have a good chance , and certainly i agree with Scouse (for once) that her being in Pattaya should be totally irrelevant , although Pattaya does conjure up the wrong image in some people's minds (maybe in the ECO's as well)

Good luck anyway

Atlas

Atlas,

i'm sorry i don't follow, what do you mean, demonstrate what and how exactly?

im sorrry i'm new this is all in riddles to me.

Edited by pilgrim2505

Pilgrim,

Any application for a visa is governed by a particular paragraph of the immigration rules which sets out what the applicant needs to achieve in order to get the visa. The criteria for a spouse, for example, are stipulated in paragraph 281. In order to qualify for the visa, the applicant must attain the balance of probabilities; i.e. s/he does not need to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt which is the standard that pertains in criminal matters, rather solely that what s/he is saying is likely. In order to demonstrate the likelihood of what the applicant is saying, and thereby qualify for the visa, various documents have to be provided.

Scouse.