Chaeng Wattana - Quieter now with less Chinese or not?

23 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Still packed. And a lot of chinese who want extending their stay. Mind u, most of them were in Thailand already for a while.

Not a lot of them at the N desks. But packed it is, and now that everone want space around them you can imagine.

What is the N desk for? Are all the Chinese on SETV/METV who are extending? It's been already over 2 months since the oubreak in China so I'm guessing if they're here in Thaiand for that long they must be on tourist visas.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

What is the N desk for? Are all the Chinese on SETV/METV who are extending? It's been already over 2 months since the oubreak in China so I'm guessing if they're here in Thaiand for that long they must be on tourist visas.

They are applying for a emergency extensions after getting a letter from their embassy requesting it.

Those from any country that cannot return to their home country can get one.

4 hours ago, bbi1 said:

The N desks is where you enter the immigration room after the entry with desk for the forms all the way trough on the left side.

(N1 for the application and N2 for after one month to get the stamp with extension)

For extending the non-o (volunteer) you are directed to the N desks.

Perhaps for the 'non-B' too and I have seen foreigner families and their childrens there.

90 day reporting is at desk A and many other desk carry letters as M and L and a few other letters.

Not sure which is for what, but one is for the re-entry and the other for married-with-thai and having-children-with-thai.

16 hours ago, Metropolitian said:

The N desks is where you enter the immigration room after the entry with desk for the forms all the way trough on the left side.

(N1 for the application and N2 for after one month to get the stamp with extension)

For extending the non-o (volunteer) you are directed to the N desks.

Perhaps for the 'non-B' too and I have seen foreigner families and their childrens there.

90 day reporting is at desk A and many other desk carry letters as M and L and a few other letters.

Not sure which is for what, but one is for the re-entry and the other for married-with-thai and having-children-with-thai.

Ah ok. How was desk J? The one for tourist visa extensions? Busy or quiet these days? The desks to the right hand side from where you get your queue numbers.

I was at CW in the last week or so to get my non-B extension and re-entry permit done and found that it was still busy as usual.

All the seats were taken in the TV section and some were standing up (no changes there). YMMV but it seemed the same to me, aside from getting lazer'd in the forehead with one of those temperature guns on the way in.

15 hours ago, tom in bangkok said:

I was at CW in the last week or so to get my non-B extension and re-entry permit done and found that it was still busy as usual.

All the seats were taken in the TV section and some were standing up (no changes there). YMMV but it seemed the same to me, aside from getting lazer'd in the forehead with one of those temperature guns on the way in.

Can't believe that CW is still packed! Would've thought that it'd be relatively quiet now since apparently all the BKK & DMK airports are quiet with hardly any visitors arriving in the country. Doesn't really make sense how there could be no tourists coming via the airports yet there are loads of tourists extending SETV/METV ????

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Can't believe that CW is still packed! Would've thought that it'd be relatively quiet now since apparently all the BKK & DMK airports are quiet with hardly any visitors arriving in the country. Doesn't really make sense how there could be no tourists coming via the airports yet there are loads of tourists extending SETV/METV ????

The hordes of package tourists (most of the reduction in visitors) never went anywhere near CW. Indeed, some who originally intended returning to China might have decided to stay for a while.

It was definately quieter than a month ago but unfortunately still packed. I got my one year marriage stamp middle of Febuary it was absolutely jammed full of Chinese people gettings extensions and they even had announcements in Chinese(Never heard that before). Went to do a 90 day begining of this week and it seemed to be back to normal.

My friend went for a 30 day extension a couple of days ago and it was busier than he'd ever seen it. 350 in the queue, many Chinese there, and 5 hours just to get the application across the desk. Only positive was no TM30 nonsense. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:44 PM, Metropolitian said:

Collected some queue tickets online. You can see which desk number is for what.

ndesk.jpg.43be2f5c7341ee1fc2b485934975816a.jpg

1XYem_Xa5WqBuG_uCAHXMN7WEYU-LWvtDVJBuLSaDDk.jpg.1cab7495229c6c1051d26f24541eb352.jpg  20190718_151137.jpg.ae45c839740b0dae90d6eb7ae6e3b882.thumb.jpg.48d675c92c36ca765489f8e20a844c58.jpg  immigration_counter_ticket.jpg.2c8748f87259bb364f3a7f2008f48020.jpg 

Wow n1-185, that’s a lot of people at n-section for the morning, that section can be really slow

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

My friend went for a 30 day extension a couple of days ago and it was busier than he'd ever seen it. 350 in the queue, many Chinese there, and 5 hours just to get the application across the desk. Only positive was no TM30 nonsense. 

Holy shiit, how is that even possible to be the busiest it's ever been? No tourists coming in but incredibly busy. What time did he arrive there?

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Holy shiit, how is that even possible to be the busiest it's ever been? No tourists coming in but incredibly busy. What time did he arrive there?

1.30, just after lunch - number didn't come around till 6.30pm. After that processing was quick, out of there at 7pm. I'm guessing this wasn't typical and he just hit a really bad day there for some reason. 

13 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

1.30, just after lunch - number didn't come around till 6.30pm. After that processing was quick, out of there at 7pm. I'm guessing this wasn't typical and he just hit a really bad day there for some reason. 

Wow, how late do they open CW Immigration these days? Thought they closed around 5pm

34 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Wow, how late do they open CW Immigration these days? Thought they closed around 5pm

They close a the doors at 4:30 but keep working until they have served everybody that got a queue number before 3:30 when they stop issuing them.