Govt ups production of washing gels

snoop1130

Govt ups production of washing gels

By THE NATION

800_022a9d288c2e346.jpg

Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana has ordered the Government Savings Bank (GSB), Government Lottery Office and Liquor Distillery Organisation to produce one million washing gels and distribute them nationwide through the GSB branches.

The Distillery Organisation will be in charge of producing the gels in 25-millilitre tubes for as long as the Covid-19 situation persists. 

Distribution will begin later this month.

Uttama also assigned the Excise Department to promote the use of alcohol in cleaning products by waiving taxes on the alcohol components used.

Zero per cent tax would lower manufacturers’ costs, encouraging them to produce more alcohol-based cleaning items to meet public demand.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383931

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-12
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Finance Minister Uttama Savanayana has ordered the Government Savings Bank (GSB), Government Lottery Office and Liquor Distillery Organisation to produce one million washing gels and distribute them nationwide through the GSB branches.

The Government Lottery Office????

The longer I live in this country the less I understand

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Distillery Organisation will be in charge of producing the gels in 25-millilitre tubes for as long as the Covid-19 situation persists. 

So you go to a GSB Office at some point in the future -- knowing the Thai government and its promises, probably FAR FAR if ever into the future -- and they hand you a 25 ml tube of hand gel that might last one person for a week or so. Might last a family for a couple days... And then?

They're probably afraid, and perhaps rightly so, that if they provided the gel in the normal larger sized containers like 250 or 500 ml -- which is what you'd typically have found in the stores and pharmacies before the current pandemic -- that the Thai recipients would be out selling them on Facebook or Lazada or Shopee for some inflated prices.

17 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

The Government Lottery Office????

The longer I live in this country the less I understand

I think the meaning is, it's pretty much the miniscule odds of winning the government lottery that you'll ever actually be able to obtain any of the pandemic products that the government has long been promising, and failing to deliver to the public.

• Haha 1