Will Bars Stay Open To Show Euro 2004

mikeyboy01

Hi thanx in advance for the reply - i am heading to Thailand for one month to relax and watch Euro 2004. I have just heard however that most bars close at 2.00am. Will most of the bars stay open for these games that start at 1.45am or will they have to close. I will be in Bangkok for first 2 days of the tournament and then somewhere else for the rest. If anyonbe could advise where might be good for atmosphere for the rest of the tournament i woudl appreciate. I was thinking of heading to Pattya - any good?! I am an England fan but also looking for a good mix of people. Will this area be popular with Germans and Dutch?

Ok thanx again for any help,

Michael

There was another thread on this, started a week ago.

Search for England -v- France.

In 'Farang Pub' part of the forum.

Do you mean here at England V France, Where can i watch it ? Up2U? :D

Exactly right, Tucky.

But as he is a newbie (3 postings) I thought I'd let him work his way round the site by himself. Might find something better to do than worry about soccer matches.

Let's face it - England are playing the All Blacks at Dunedin the day before - and that is really important!! :o

Be a lot colder there than Lisbon, won't it?

i hate football, and i agree to plan your life round it is sad, coming here to shag is better than standing in a bar with fifthy other blokes cuddling each other when your team wins and cuddling and crying when you lose, sounds pretty gay to me, dont worry though you'll be alright in pattaya plenty of dick heads going round in football tops getting drunk and starting fights cus they still think thats how to have fun, watch the game get a burger and have a punch up, dicks

i hate football, and i agree to plan your life round it is sad, coming here to shag is better than standing in a bar with fifthy other blokes cuddling each other when your team wins and cuddling and crying when you lose, sounds pretty gay to me, dont worry though you'll be alright in pattaya plenty of dick heads going round in football tops getting drunk and starting fights cus they still think thats how to have fun, watch the game get a burger and have a punch up, dicks

Don't see you down Soi Post Office or Soi Yamoto much, then?

Someone arranging his life around a football tournament.... how sad

I love the tolerance for other lifestyles demonstrated by so many tv members. What is it about this place that attracts so many people who believe their way os the right way and eveyone else is an idiot?

Why do you jump so quickly to judge people who are different from yourself? Most likely a complete lack of self confidence. Deciding that other people lead sad and pathetic lives makes you feel better about yourself.

Mikeyboy01.......Stay at home and watch it would be my advice. Unless of course you want to watch 40 or more TV commercials every game on Thai TV channels who have exclusive rights to all games. Maybe you can find somewhere with a dish that can get ESPN in India or some other channel. The coverage here on local channels is hard to watch and get into because of all the ad breaks.

Ned's got an important point. However, I am still hoping that the Euro 2004 matches will be free of commercials during the matches and that they will be limited to half time only. Last World Cup, there was no commercial break at all during matches. However, in Euro 2000, there were so many commercials during the matches.

Well, in about 6 hours' time, we will all find out about the commercial situation.

By the way, I've had a look at the schedule of all the UBC sports channels....none has got Euro 2004 on. So, I am afraid it's only Channels 3 and 7, guys !

Regards,

Jem

I have just heard however that most bars close at 2.00am. Will most of the bars stay open for these games that start at 1.45am or will they have to close.  I will be in Bangkok for first 2 days of the tournament and then somewhere else for the rest. 

Don't bother coming up to Chiang Mai. The bars here have been closing at midnight as of late... :o

Talk to your regular pub-owner. I know some of them will stay open, or, if worse comes to worse, close the doors and shutters,,, inside private party.

Guess on Sunday I will stay home:

13 June 2004 - Group B

Switzerland 17:00 Croatia

France 19:45 England

Formula 1 Grand Prix Canada

Now this needs some zapping.

There I was expecting 50 ads per game and channels 3 and 7 have done themselves proud and avoided commercials during the Portugal game last night. Well done fellas.

There I was expecting 50 ads per game and channels 3 and 7 have done themselves proud and avoided commercials during the Portugal game last night. Well done fellas.

Yeah, and a good game it was, just loved them Greeks.

But without commercial, when can I go to get more ice for my drink? :o